Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Zach Levine & #4 pick for Justise & JJJ?

IS anyone interested in trading Justise Winslow and Jaren Jackson Jr for Zach Levine and the #4 pick in the draft? The trade works according to ESPN's Trade Machine. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3e64zap

At #4 the Grizzlies could get Wiseman or Obi Toppen at 4 and that could add defense, interior offense, rebounding and possibly even replace some of Jaren's 3 point shooting. 

And before people start screaming about JJJ's potential and how the Grizzlies can't trade him, I didn't write this blog. 

I love JJJ.  I think his upside potential is phenomenal if he puts in the work and can avoid significant injuries.

But if I'm a GM faced with that kind of trade scenario, I would do it if Wiseman or Edwards was there.  I might do it with Toppen ... that would be a tougher call for me.  I would not do it for anyone else in the draft.

28 minutes ago, pjs said:

I love JJJ.  I think his upside potential is phenomenal if he puts in the work and can avoid significant injuries.

But if I'm a GM faced with that kind of trade scenario, I would do it if Wiseman or Edwards was there.  I might do it with Toppen ... that would be a tougher call for me.  I would not do it for anyone else in the draft.

I would pull that trigger fast with Toppin or Wiseman available. Pass hard if it's Ball or Edwards. I have no interest in either of those players with Ja and possibly Levine on the Grizzlies. 

59 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

IS anyone interested in trading Justise Winslow and Jaren Jackson Jr for Zach Levine and the #4 pick in the draft?

The Bulls, for sure

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The Bulls, for sure

I am not so sure if the Bulls want to do that trade but they need to do something so maybe they would. 

Adding a high scoring SG (Levine) with Ja and filling a need at either PF (Toppin) or SF (Avidjia) with the #4 spot gets me excited about the Grizzlies future. It enables Brooks to move to the bench as the bench scorer most fans seem to believe he is destined to become as well or put him at SF where he could get easier looks as teams focus on stopping Levine and Morant. 

I'm still trying to understand why the Bulls would give up the best player in this trade (Lavine avg 25 and 5) AND a #4 pick which could conceivably turn out to be the best or second best player in this trade scenario for JJJ and a broken down Winslow. So they will just hand us the two best players in this trade to take back JJJ and a broken down Winslow, when they have Carter, Jr., Markkannen,  and 2 guys in Porter and who play the 3/4, Where do JJJ and WInslow fit on their team? And wouldn't they now need a starting SG?

I see why the Grizz would do this but can't for the life of me, understand why CHI would make a trade for yet another 3/4 guy when they have 2 on the roster already, add JJJ where they already have competent starters at the 4 and 5 spots and then give up a SG avg 25 ppg to have no one at the SG spot AND they lose their #4 pick which could potentially replace Lavine I don't get it from CHI side at all.

5 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm still trying to understand why the Bulls would give up the best player in this trade (Lavine avg 25 and 5) AND a #4 pick which could conceivably turn out to be the best or second best player in this trade scenario for JJJ and a broken down Winslow. So they will just hand us the two best players in this trade to take back JJJ and a broken down Winslow, when they have Carter, Jr., Markkannen,  and 2 guys in Porter and who play the 3/4, Where do JJJ and WInslow fit on their team? And wouldn't they now need a starting SG?

I see why the Grizz would do this but can't for the life of me, understand why CHI would make a trade for yet another 3/4 guy when they have 2 on the roster already, add JJJ where they already have competent starters at the 4 and 5 spots and then give up a SG avg 25 ppg to have no one at the SG spot AND they lose their #4 pick which could potentially replace Lavine I don't get it from CHI side at all.

Just trying to get conversation going on a trade that even you would have to say the Grizzlies won. Consider it a Danny Ainge idea. 

Of course a lot of JJJ fans think the Grizzlies would be giving up too much as JJJ has the highest upside in their eyes and WInslow is better than Otto Porter when healthy and it's not like Porter has been the healthiest player in the league either. He played a grand total of 14 games last season. 

The Bulls may want Coby White to get more PT as the SG, Dunn as the PG, WInslow at SF, Jackson at PF and Markkanen at center which will really open the court and give you three players who can assist, 3 who can hit consistently from the perimeter and good size along the front line. 

On 8/31/2020 at 1:36 PM, chipc3 said:

IS anyone interested in trading Justise Winslow and Jaren Jackson Jr for Zach Levine and the #4 pick in the draft? The trade works according to ESPN's Trade Machine. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3e64zap

At #4 the Grizzlies could get Wiseman or Obi Toppen at 4 and that could add defense, interior offense, rebounding and possibly even replace some of Jaren's 3 point shooting. 

And before people start screaming about JJJ's potential and how the Grizzlies can't trade him, I didn't write this blog. 

NOW after seeing the players, Zach levine and the #4 I would strongly consider that trade , i have been a Grizzlies Fan for about 18 years 2002/2003 season 28-54 under Hubie Brown the Grizzlies have never had a big time scorer on there roster .

i do believe the NEW Grizzlies HEADS will make some moves to try to improve there roster 

justise winslow would be on my wish list to be move , i have no faith with him at all moving forward