SC Grizz

With the 40th pick the Grizzlies take...

2 hours ago, KGF said:

I have never been impressed with Anthony Edwards when I've seen him. My description of him is he's like Dillon Brooks if Dillon took more shots, decided not to play defense, and had Kyle Anderson's 3 point shooting.

While I have never seen Lamelo Ball play, 37% from the field and 25% from is terrible regardless. 

Will never understand why either are considered top 2 picks tbh.

Because the draft is so bad and not many players are better. Edward's is looked at for his potential and athletic ability,  and ball for his playmaking 

5 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Prediction: If they draft a SF, he's going to start immediately, yes even down to the 40th pick

Nwora checks a lot of the boxes for Day 1 starter

There is no way, barring injury, whoever they draft starts at SF over Winslow. The FO has invested too much in him. They will give him every opportunity to succeed. 

I'm on board with Nwora at 40 though.

3 hours ago, KGF said:

While I have never seen Lamelo Ball play, 37% from the field and 25% from is terrible regardless. 

He played all of two months for the worst team of the Australian league, and that after spending all of four months the previous season with the worst team of the Lithuanian league. Quitting mid season in both cases.

I mean, what’s not to like?

9 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Cassius Stanley is our guy. 

We should move up for him, but I getting a feeling we could even move up and get something better like Williams, RJ or Green. I really like Stanley but some of those guys that are better prospects might fall a bit.

3 hours ago, KGF said:

I have never been impressed with Anthony Edwards when I've seen him. My description of him is he's like Dillon Brooks if Dillon took more shots, decided not to play defense, and had Kyle Anderson's 3 point shooting.

Will never understand why either are considered top 2 picks tbh.

From the top guys I like Wiseman, Avidja, Hayes, Edwards, Okongwu and Okoro. I really like the middle to late 1st round guys (Neismith, Williams, Achiuwa, the Beys, RJ, Cole, Smith, Green, Carey, McDaniels, Ramsey, Stanley, Tre and Hughes). Thats why moving to late 1st or even early 2nd makes a lot of sense to me. [go after the Celtics or Philly picks].

11 hours ago, lions said:

I would  bring  in a 34 year old rudy gay back for 2 years  

He wouldn't come back.

Why not finish it out in SA or chase a ring with his buddy Kyle Lowry?

3 hours ago, KGF said:

Trading a 1st round pick for a 9ppg roleplayer to come of the bench will never not be terrible, especially for a non-playoff team.

He had a all around game. He only scored like 9ppg but was  a good defender and rebounder

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

We should move up for him, but I getting a feeling we could even move up and get something better like Williams, RJ or Green. I really like Stanley but some of those guys that are better prospects might fall a bit.

From the top guys I like Wiseman, Avidja, Hayes, Edwards, Okongwu and Okoro. I really like the middle to late 1st round guys (Neismith, Williams, Achiuwa, the Beys, RJ, Cole, Smith, Green, Carey, McDaniels, Ramsey, Stanley, Tre and Hughes). Thats why moving to late 1st or even early 2nd makes a lot of sense to me. [go after the Celtics or Philly picks].

Philly will be easier to handle but they'd want us to take on either Horford or Harris's contract

57 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Philly will be easier to handle but they'd want us to take on either Horford or Harris's contract

I talked about that early, the easier pick to get in the draft. 

On 8/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, Rdk4121 said:

Isaiah Joe I guess, though I haven't seen him in many mocks. Quickley if he's there, . Cassius Stanley is very interesting, Gerald Green vibes from him. Skylar Mays is pretty solid as well, high floor/low ceiling, reminds me of Malcolm Brogdan. 

Agree on Mays. He’s crafty, I like his game.

If we're taking on a Philly contract, I guess Horford is slightly better. It's shorter, costs less (so we'd have to send less players), and is only partially guaranteed the last year if we really wanted to save money/ cut bait. 

We'd have to get back at least their first and the top second rounder this year (or maybe a future year). Probably still not worth it though. 

45 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

We can't do that though,  that's too much salary 

I can live with Hortford salary, special in a scenario where we trade for Warriors 2nd pick; JV + picks (Jazz , GS and our 2022 top 5 protected) for Iggy exception; then Dillon + SlowMo + Dieng + 40th for Hortford + Thybulle + picks (21 and 34).

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

If we're taking on a Philly contract, I guess Horford is slightly better. It's shorter, costs less (so we'd have to send less players), and is only partially guaranteed the last year if we really wanted to save money/ cut bait. 

We'd have to get back at least their first and the top second rounder this year (or maybe a future year). Probably still not worth it though. 

To move off salary Philly is going to have to give up major assets. If they want off Harris it's probably going to involve simmons or Thybulle and a lot of picks. I assume they'll keep embiid. 

It's amazing how badly they screwed up the process by making the EXACT mistakes they were taking advantage of other teams having made.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

I can live with Hortford salary, special in a scenario where we trade for Warriors 2nd pick; JV + picks (Jazz , GS and our 2022 top 5 protected) for Iggy exception; then Dillon + SlowMo + Dieng + 40th for Hortford + Thybulle + picks (21 and 34).

I do not want to trade anymore of our picks unless it's to push us over the top to contention.  If they're willing to switch this years second with their future first that we own, I'm cool with it in that scenario. 

5 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

He played all of two months for the worst team of the Australian league, and that after spending all of four months the previous season with the worst team of the Lithuanian league. Quitting mid season in both cases.

I don't know what happened in Lithuania but from my understanding, he went to Australia looking for shrimp on the barbie only to find out they only serve prawns on the barbie down there. That's inexcusable and I can understand him quitting. 

4 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I only really like Wiseman and Deni and I think there is a bit of a drop off after that.  ... on the flip side you can just draft who you want.  

The Mavs pick (18) is supposedly on the table.  That could be a valuable pick.  If Precious Achiuwa is still on the board he could be BPA and would be a good pick for us but we couldn’t play Precious/Clarke/Jaren all at the same time until we could get more shooting out of that front line but they would be fierce defensively.  

22 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I think Tre’s a really good prospect.  We would just have a lot of small point guards on our team at that point — Ja, Tre/Tyus, Melton.... 

19 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Yeah you’re right, it creates a bit of a log jam. I’m still not sure if we keep Melton. I want him back tho

melton is not a PG

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

i would not touch AL Hortford at all he is to old and can,t move that fast enought for the money he is  being paid, stay away 

5 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

He wouldn't come back.

Why not finish it out in SA or chase a ring with his buddy Kyle Lowry?

i.m sure he won,t be back , i,m just saying rudy would be a nice pick up not that much money and can still play around 2 more years at a good level

11 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

This is a critical point. By the way he has a funky jump shot. His brother sure got that fixed quickly, huh? (not)

I don't understand the lamelo stuff at all.

6 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I only really like Wiseman and Deni and I think there is a bit of a drop off after that.  ... on the flip side you can just draft who you want.  

The Mavs pick (18) is supposedly on the table.  That could be a valuable pick.  If Precious Achiuwa is still on the board he could be BPA and would be a good pick for us but we couldn’t play Precious/Clarke/Jaren all at the same time until we could get more shooting out of that front line but they would be fierce defensively.  

You watched precious at Memphis right? He's an energy guy who can't shoot and can't get his own offense. Pass.

23 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

You watched precious at Memphis right? He's an energy guy who can't shoot and can't get his own offense. Pass.

Yeah I'm the same on this one, he has no fluidity to his game either

2 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

This is a critical point. By the way he has a funky jump shot. His brother sure got that fixed quickly, huh? (not)

I don't understand the lamelo stuff at all.

I mean Lonzo did get his shot fixed. Took some time, but 37.5% on 6.3 attempts is pretty good.

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I mean Lonzo did get his shot fixed. Took some time, but 37.5% on 6.3 attempts is pretty good.

He still shot 56% from the line and 40% from the floor. Probability says his 3P% will regress next season.