Grizzled Vet

Your 2020 offseason moves predictions. Free agents & deals

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

That's fine. I'll take rain man as a complement, lol. 

And regarding Taylor pulling Jonas at the end of games, that's another reason I respect Jonas. He didn't complain about it once. And it's not like we were playing great the last 3rd of the season. A lot of vets would cause problems, especially giving up end of game PT to a rookie and a sophomore. By comparison, Schroder just got to the defending champs, and already saying he should start today. 

But that's not an answer, more so a deflection.  I dont care about Dennis and I don’t care about JV not complaining,  the question is why didn't he finish games? Also with as great as he is why was he traded?

2 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Okay toocoolkellz....   Let's trade Jonas for PJ Tucker and Davis Bertans  and pull a Morey/Rockets fiasco and go all in!!!   🤣🤣  Ummm...Not!!😎

Why was he traded? 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

But that's not an answer, more so a deflection.  I dont care about Dennis and I don’t care about JV not complaining,  the question is why didn't he finish games? Also with as great as he is why was he traded?

Umm, AD was traded last year. Kawhi was traded. CP3 traded twice. Westbrook traded. Paul George traded twice. On and on. Are those guys great?

My main point is this, toocool. We are very solid at PG, PF and Center. For years. Playoff good right now. Even our backups are good. All of our energy and focus should be on improving our wings. We are bottom 5 in the league at SG and SF. Instead of looking to replace Jonas, we should be glad we have him, and work to improve where we are weak. 

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

Why was he traded? 

I'm  not arguing about it, I said I laugh about it....   JV will finish his career in Memphis....  Brandon Clarke won't ever start in Jaren's spot...  Bellyaching about it won't change the facts...  

The Grizz FO added pieces this offsesason but next two offseasons are gonna be about adding high level wing talent...   The Brooks of the world, the SloMo's of the world bout getted shipped out imo...   Not a top ten center already on the roster....

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Umm, AD was traded last year. Kawhi was traded. CP3 traded twice. Westbrook traded. Paul George traded twice. On and on. Are those guys great?

My main point is this, toocool. We are very solid at PG, PF and Center. For years. Playoff good right now. Even our backups are good. All of our energy and focus should be on improving our wings. We are bottom 5 in the league at SG and SF. Instead of looking to replace Jonas, we should be glad we have him, and work to improve where we are weak. 

I'm not saying move him or focus on the center position,  my point is that he's likely the first to go simply due to age,  or style of play etc.. all of those players were traded for different reasons,  jv was traded because he didn't fit the raptors style of play

6 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

I'm  not arguing about it, I said I laugh about it....   JV will finish his career in Memphis....  Brandon Clarke won't ever start in Jaren's spot...  Bellyaching about it won't change the facts...  

The Grizz FO added pieces this offsesason but next two offseasons are gonna be about adding high level wing talent...   The Brooks of the world, the SloMo's of the world bout getted shipped out imo...   Not a top ten center already on the roster....

I've lived long enough to know that never put the cart before the horse. Im not suggesting we trade him tomorrow,  and of course our focus should and is on improving our wing.  Right now he's very good, but of Ja,  Jaren  and maybe Clark,  who do you think will start to show signs of decline first. When I say long term, I literally mean long term, 5 to 10 years from now. 

5 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I've lived long enough to know that never put the cart before the horse. Im not suggesting we trade him tomorrow,  and of course our focus should and is on improving our wing.  Right now he's very good, but of Ja,  Jaren  and maybe Clark,  who do you think will start to show signs of decline first. When I say long term, I literally mean long term, 5 to 10 years from now. 

16 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

+1000..  totally agree with this...   JV can play till he's 35 plus...  There is no decline in being big and strong... 💪 Plus JV plays 27 minutes a game which leaves 21 minutes for the backups....   

4 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

+1000..  totally agree with this...   JV can play till he's 35 plus...  There is no decline in being big and strong... 💪 Plus JV plays 27 minutes a game which leaves 21 minutes for the backups....   

Heck ZBO wasn't the worst player in the league by his last year, the game had just changed so much. 

10 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Heck ZBO wasn't the worst player in the league by his last year, the game had just changed so much. 

See that's it, everybody talkin bout small ball and you don't need bigs to win, which is ridiculous...  You need bigs to rebound and to protect the paint....  Small ball aint never done/won anything..   All the Warrior teams had two or more bigs rebounding and rim running...  Now at the end of games, teams will go small for more offense...   But 48 minutes of small ball won't happen in Grind City....  Houston tried that mess and got run out the bubble without rebounding....

Lakers just won a championship in the small ball era with Davis, McGee, and Howard in the frontcourt with some undersized forward named James.  Small ball is overrated.