Grizzled Vet

Your 2020 offseason moves predictions. Free agents & deals

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hayward to the Hornets....he clearly just wanted that money

Melton is not overpaid at all

13 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

No you will rarely get a player much better than Melton for 8 million especially when you factor in age.  The only two good value contracts I see so far are Christian Wood and Montrez Harrell. Rest are what they should be or overpaid. 

11 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Sund getting Crowder now too. That's definitely a playoff team, maybe top 5 in the conference

Assuming CP3 stays healthy. To be Frank, they had the talent to do it last year. 

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Can’t blame the guy. If you have that kind of injury history and someone comes with $120M you drop everything and sign.

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

In a New York minute. 

Chandler_Parsons_Ladies_Night_(2)_(cropp

21 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Can’t blame the guy for signing the contract. For other stuff, however...

Oh I don't. You have to take it if they offer it.i get the feeling CHA will regret in 2 years.

Atlanta is about to make the playoffs in the East. They have flown under the radar since trade deadline of last year.

Trae

Dunn

Gallinari

Collins

Capella

Teague

Rondo

.....on another note, Cam Reddish is still trash. 

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

No you will rarely get a player much better than Melton for 8 million especially when you factor in age.  The only two good value contracts I see so far are Christian Wood and Montrez Harrell. Rest are what they should be or overpaid. 

Just my opinion.  Its only a difference  of $1-$2 mil per but I don't see him getting that on the free market. The MLE is what $10 mil? Very few teams have cap space so most teams have to use their MLE. I just get the feeling we could have waited a few days but its fine

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Just my opinion.  Its only a difference  of $1-$2 mil per but I don't see him getting that on the free market. The MLE is what $10 mil? Very few teams have cap space so most teams have to use their MLE. I just get the feeling we could have waited a few days but its fine

Well yeah from that perspective I can see. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I still think around 7 mil is better but Im ok after the Hornets news

As much flack as hou got they filled a big need on a nice deal , created room for MLE while adding picks , not to bad . Roco for woods and picks basically 

Hollinger with some details about Melton’s deal.

Grizzlies: Another plus defender at the shooting guard spot, De’Anthony Melton, also inked a favorable deal, with Memphis retaining the young energizer on a four-year deal worth $35 million. My BORD$ formula was extremely bullish on the 22-year-old Melton after a breakout 2019-20, with a $15.1 million valuation on him being the highest of any free-agent shooting guard. The market was never going to go that high on a player with a spotty shooting record and little brand equity, but Melton is a stat-sheet stuffer who could end up as a long-term starter or sixth man in Memphis.

I’m surprised nobody at least ponied up a full mid-level exception offer sheet with an option after the second year and forced the Grizzlies to match it, especially since so many teams have their full MLE.

It appears Memphis might have done this deal as a full Early Bird Exception with declining money, meaning that Melton will receive $10 million in 2020-21 but just $7.4 million in 2023-24. If so, that structure should help the Grizzlies manage their cap in a few years when Jaren Jackson, Jr. and Ja Morant are eligible for large contract extensions.

Memphis is now $7 million from the luxury tax line with 14 contracts, and their Grizness is likely mostly done here. The Grizzlies can sign second-round pick Xavier Tillman with a piece of their midlevel exception and likely will use another piece of it to retain Jontay Porter and John Konchar on  multi-year, low-dollar deals, which will fill up the roster at 17 players. One presumes Mario Hezonja and Marko Guduric won’t be long for this team and trim the number back to 15

58 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Nice!

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

How can you go wrong with that deal? 

5 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Atlanta is about to make the playoffs in the East. They have flown under the radar since trade deadline of last year.

Trae

Dunn

Gallinari

Collins

Capella

Teague

Rondo

Reddish is decent. He was awful to start the year, but he was really starting to play better by the end of the year. Teague is also going to the Celtics. You didn't even mention Huerter and Hunter as well, some interesting pieces at least. They got some vets finally. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y27k42qr

Give them two firts (2023 and 2025, both top 5 protected and if necessary 2027 unprotected)

Sign Solo and Noah as vet presence, guys to force some winning attitude to the team

Waive Guduric, Hezonja and Dieng

Ja/Tyus

Dipo/Bane/Allen/Melton/Konchar

Winslow/Solo

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

Turner/Tillman/Noah

If we fail we get a top pick in the 2021 draft, and we position ourselves as we would know, BUT we have a chance to keep a elite two way player in his prime next to Ja and Jaren. We lock a young big next to Jaren for at least 3 years, someone that seems a great fit next to him and Clarke also. 

38 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y27k42qr

Give them two firts (2023 and 2025, both top 5 protected and if necessary 2027 unprotected)

Sign Solo and Noah as vet presence, guys to force some winning attitude to the team

Waive Guduric, Hezonja and Dieng

Ja/Tyus

Dipo/Bane/Allen/Melton/Konchar

Winslow/Solo

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

Turner/Tillman/Noah

If we fail we get a top pick in the 2021 draft, and we position ourselves as we would know, BUT we have a chance to keep a elite two way player in his prime next to Ja and Jaren. We lock a young big next to Jaren for at least 3 years, someone that seems a great fit next to him and Clarke also. 

We're not going to waive a guy on a 17m expiring contract. That's ridiculous. Better to just not sign either Solo or Noah. Oladipo's contract is expiring. So we're really going to just trade for a guy fresh off an injury with one year on his deal by giving up three first round picks? Nah. 

26 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

We're not going to waive a guy on a 17m expiring contract. That's ridiculous. Better to just not sign either Solo or Noah. Oladipo's contract is expiring. So we're really going to just trade for a guy fresh off an injury with one year on his deal by giving up three first round picks? Nah. 

I just don't think you can explain to some of these folks that they are not about to just give up a bunch of firsts at this stage of their rebuild in order to just field the best team they can next year. 

Teams that did that like the Bucks, Lakers, Rockets, Clippers, Jazz to us last year, Nets about 8 years ago etc were basically at the do or die stage of their title run or team rebuild stage. It was now or never for whatever they were shooting for when they gave up that many picks.  They weren't doing that in hopes of getting a 6-8 seed at best. No team would give up that many picks for that. 

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

Dieng is a non factor and to tell the truth I dont see him making impact on the mind of the guys too. Thats why I want Noah, energy guy, might not play, but will make our guys hate loosing a winnable game and make them fell like they could win the impossible ones

If you are scaried about Dipo, go for Fournier + Gordon.

45 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I just don't think you can explain to some of these folks that they are not about to just give up a bunch of firsts at this stage of their rebuild in order to just field the best team they can next year. 

Teams that did that like the Bucks, Lakers, Rockets, Clippers, Jazz to us last year, Nets about 8 years ago etc were basically at the do or die stage of their title run or team rebuild stage. It was now or never for whatever they were shooting for when they gave up that many picks.  They weren't doing that in hopes of getting a 6-8 seed at best. No team would give up that many picks for that. 

We cant be attached to picks, they might be lower picks after all, and I bet they will

In 2 years Jaren will be up for a contract, in 4 is Ja/Clarke time. Do you want to know what will make them stay here, WINNING, and guys like Fournier and Dipo are the most realistic guys we could get. If you are scaried about Dipo expiring and healthy goes (Dillon + SlowMo + Dieng + picks for Fournier + Gordon), make yourself a treat to the main teams. Most of Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Denver, Blazers, Suns, Warriors and others probably wont have a solid 10-11 man like us.

Ja

Jaren

Fournier 

JV

Clarke

Tyus

Winslow 

Gordon

Melton

Allen

Bane

I wanted Beal, but he seems to be fine in Washington, so I would go for one of those others and hope for the best. I still believe the Pacers trade is the best one but I would do any of those if this mean we can start to win big again.

11 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Reddish is decent. He was awful to start the year, but he was really starting to play better by the end of the year. Teague is also going to the Celtics. You didn't even mention Huerter and Hunter as well, some interesting pieces at least. They got some vets finally. 

Huerter is good too. Just talking about vets and big time names. 

Huerter is most likely going to start for the season.

Reddish is still trash and got trash minutes that made him look better. He’s still a shot jacket that can’t hit shots lol. 

17 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Trae

Dunn

Gallinari

Collins

Capella

Teague

Rondo

Teague with BOS.