Grizzled Vet

Your 2020 offseason moves predictions. Free agents & deals

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Dillon isn't an asset. SloMo isn't an asset. They are negatives. The warriors don't want a complementary player who a) can't shoot or b) takes shots from Klay and Steph because he wants to go 1 on 4 and shoot a midrange at 37%

You'd be surprised how other teams look at Dillon or at least their general fanbase is ok because he competes hard every game

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

You'd be surprised how other teams look at Dillon or at least their general fanbase is ok because he competes hard every game

Yep. Bottom line is he is seen as a tough, physical defender, 16 point pg, 36% from three, signed for 3 years at a very reasonable, $11.4M, $12.2M, and $11.4 deal. And his best role could be as the 6th man spark plug. Especially for a team looking to ask some attitude, DB could have some value. I don't think the front office wants to trade him - will listen, but not shopping him. 

sixers just got sweep. there should be a house cleaning party in philly 

8 minutes ago, lions said:

sixers just got sweep. there should be a house cleaning party in philly 

They will try. But do they have the assets to move those salaries? Horford and Tobias are deeply underwater contracts. 

17 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yep. Bottom line is he is seen as a tough, physical defender, 16 point pg, 36% from three, signed for 3 years at a very reasonable, $11.4M, $12.2M, and $11.4 deal. And his best role could be as the 6th man spark plug. Especially for a team looking to ask some attitude, DB could have some value. I don't think the front office wants to trade him - will listen, but not shopping him. 

If we could get him to play within the flow of the game I think he could be a starting wing. His current mentality would work well as a 6th man but as he matures so could his role. I could also see him in conversations for 6th man of the year too. 

6 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

If we could get him to play within the flow of the game I think he could be a starting wing. His current mentality would work well as a 6th man but as he matures so could his role. I could also see him in conversations for 6th man of the year too. 

6th man is so perfect for DB. 2nd units don't run plays near as much, depend on guys to create their shots. And his foul problems wouldn't be as big a factor. Think about how much better Dennis Shroder is as a 6th man with OKC than as a starter with the Hawks. 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

6th man is so perfect for DB. 2nd units don't run plays near as much, depend on guys to create their shots. And his foul problems wouldn't be as big a factor. Think about how much better Dennis Shroder is as a 6th man with OKC than as a starter with the Hawks. 

True

32 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yup, I've heard many times that this team feeds off Dillon's energy. It would have to be a deal that we just could refuse to see him traded. 

Possible cost effective free-agent options to bring in or back for bench depth:

JaMychal Green

Patrick Patterson

and...

Bryn Forbes - maybe a bit overlooked but a 40% career shooter from three

10 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Possible cost effective free-agent options to bring in or back for bench depth:

JaMychal Green

Patrick Patterson

and...

Bryn Forbes - maybe a bit overlooked but a 40% career shooter from three

lets add ED Davis to that list

As the usage rate continues to go up for Ja and Jaren, plus JV and Justise having a healthy usage rate as well, the 5th starter should really be a low usage, high efficiency guy. The only guy that could really fit that description on our roster is Grayson. That being the case, and the fact the their isn't really anyone that can create their own shot on the second unit means Dillon as a 6th man just makes so much sense. The alternative is starting Dillon at SF and have either Melton or Grayson start next to him. Melton probably makes more sense as he is a low usage 5th option, that would really help us in transition and secondary play-making. He would really need to work on his 3 ball though for him to be more effective. 

2 minutes ago, lions said:

lets add ED Davis to that list

We already have Porter as a third C, plus Jaren plays there as well. We don't really need another C. 

3 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

We already have Porter as a third C, plus Jaren plays there as well. We don't really need another C. 

i,m just playing around we don,t need  any ex grizzlies back except rudy gay would be a good fit a good wing 

I like Rudy still but doesn't he get paid like 16 mil/year and is 34 years old?

JaMychal is around 29 and gets like 5 mil/year I think?  Which one do you think happens if either?

I would prefer Forbes as a priority though.  He's only 27.  A better bench option than Melton at this point.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, Ja_Rules said:

I do agree Wiseman can be way more than JV, but in the worst case scenario production wise he can give at least 15/12 and a couple blocks. My question is, does GS goes for that deal, and If they ask for another pick, would you guys do It? I would. My wost scenario for a trade is JV + Dillon + SlowMo + Jazz + GS + Our 2022 lottery protected 1st for 2nd + Wiggins.

That is the complete worst case and not something this front office should even consider.

Dillion is around 24/25 years old avg around 16 pts per game , LIKES the city of Memphis . LOVES his team mates and some people want to get rid of him makes no sense at all, let this team grow 

9 minutes ago, lions said:

Dillion is around 24/25 years old avg around 16 pts per game , LIKES the city of Memphis . LOVES his team mates and some people want to get rid of him makes no sense at all, let this team grow 

And he leaves it all on the court

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

your 100 percent right and he was a 2 round draft pick , that was one of chris  wallace best moves second to trading for Zbo 

4 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Dillon's an asset on a 2 million contract, not an 11 million contract. Fanbases might like the effort but his efficiency numbers don't lie.

2 hours ago, The J Crew said:

They will try. But do they have the assets to move those salaries? Horford and Tobias are deeply underwater contracts. 

I posted in the other thread. I wouldn't do it, but a universe exists where we could move Dieng, Slomo, and Justise for Harris + Thybulle + 1-2 future firsts. That would have to be the price because we'd basically lose all ability to make moves due to Harris contract. It honestly might not be enough from Philly to get deal done.  Philly is so screwed, they'll need to give stuff away to get out from under harris and horford.

18 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

28 minutes ago, lions said:

There's a lot of guys on NBA benches who can score 16 ppg if you let them shoot 15 times/game. What Dillon does isn't magic, it's volume. Also, he doesn't get to the line.

11 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Dillon's an asset on a 2 million contract, not an 11 million contract. Fanbases might like the effort but his efficiency numbers don't lie.

Are you suggesting his contract is based solely on his efficiency?

7 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

There's a lot of guys on NBA benches who can score 16 ppg if you let them shoot 15 times/game. What Dillon does isn't magic, it's volume. Also, he doesn't get to the line.

Are you suggesting he doesn't leave it on the court?

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

Are you suggesting his contract is based solely on his efficiency?

I'm suggesting he's an inefficient volume scorer and that a lot of other players would put up similar raw numbers given the same opportunity. He has heart and effort, sure. Maybe that's why he fouls so dang much.

7 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I'm suggesting he's an inefficient volume scorer and that a lot of other players would put up similar raw numbers given the same opportunity. He has heart and effort, sure. Maybe that's why he fouls so dang much.

Playing defense in this era is very hard, he also routinely guards superstar players who'll get the benefit. Heck Harden isn't efficient and is a volume shooter. I'm not saying he's a superstar but his contributions aren't simply measured in effencicy