Grizzled Vet

Your 2020 offseason moves predictions. Free agents & deals

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Would you guys consider trading for the Warriors pick? I was thinking and that might be a better option longterm. Before you say NO, hear me out:

  1. If we stay as we are and just add a MLE player, we will fight and fight, and probably struggle to be 7th or 8th seed like this year. Then would be facing a hard time advancing, because we will be in the wide West.
  2. Next year draft is one of the best,  and to have a chance to draft Cade Cunningham worth "tanking" a year.
  3. Trading for the 2nd pick could allow us to add James Wiseman to the mix. He is a hometown product and althought ppl have some flaws on him, he has the potential at least to become a JV type of player. 
  4. JV is great, I have nothing to say against him other than he have some trouble against some  matchups, but loosing him will hurt a lot. SlowMo is not more than a role player and I prefer to have his money on a shooter sooner than later. Dillon is Dillon, a lot of heart, but he thinks he is Kobe, when he is a sixthman/3&D role player at best.
  5. 2021 FA is better than this years, and we would still have money to add some good veterans then. Wiggins wont hurt our salary, because our core guys have 3 or more years on their contracts (Ja, Tyus, Allen, Winslow, Clarke and Jaren). 
  6. Loosing those guys will make us even worse, but that is point. Be bad next season, and use the strong 2021 draft and FA like, I said before, to start to compete for real in year 3.

I believe there is two types of deals that we could exploit with them:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y42nqj9t

+ 2x 1sts (Jazz and/or Warriors and/or Grizz 2022) / Best trade for us because we get off Wiggins and could trade Dillon + SlowMo in a separate deal.

Or 

Trading JV + 2x 1sts (Jazz and/or Warriors and/or Grizz 2022) for Iggy exception. 

Why GS would do that, they want to win now, and our guys can replicate some of the production they have on their role guys in the first title. JV could be a Bogut type, Dillon could be a worse version of Iggy and SlowMo be like Linvingston. 

 

2020 main rotation:

(trading 3 guys)

Ja/Tyus

Wiggins/Melton/Konchar*

Winslow/Allen

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

Wiseman/Dieng

 

(trading just JV)

Ja/Tyus

Allen/Dillon/Melton/Konchar*

Winslow/Slowmo

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

Wiseman/Dieng

 

* Add some players in one year deals, or with small contracts. If we could add a veteran longterm for the right price like Crowder I would be ok with it. Try to win games, but be ok with it in any scenario.

 

 

2021 main rotation with some lucky: 

(Trading 3 guys)

Ja/Tyus

Wiggins/Allen/Melton

Cunningham/Winslow

Jaren/Clarke

Wiseman

 

(Trading just JV)

Ja/Tyus

Allen/Dillon/Melton

Cunningham/Winslow

Jaren/Clarke/SlowMo

Wiseman

I know this is a right risk, special with the new lottery format, but if we make sure we have a top 7 pick next year we will add a major talent. And If we end with Jalen Green, or in special with Cade Cunningham, we get for sure the 3rd piece of our big 3.

Would I do it? Absolutely. Would the Warriors? He 🏒 🏒 no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Dork said:

Would I do it? Absolutely. Would the Warriors? He 🏒 🏒 no

Yeah probably not.  We would probably have to find a really DUMB franchise in order to pull that off (getting Wiseman for secondary players and mediocre picks).  

Thankfully the Minnesota Timberwolves have the first pick....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I wouod do any of those deals If they like it. 

I prefer the JV deal simple because he's outside our window and fits the warriors needs more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are in hypothetical land how bout this

GS: 2nd pick, Wiggins  
Why: They strike out on a big targetand need win now pieces not to mention their pick back  

Mem: Jonas, Winslow, Tyus, Allen GS 24 1st

MIN: 1st pick, Turner 
Why: need win now players add two starter level players in addition a solid pick asset  

MEM: Dillon, BC, Utah 1st

Ja/Melton/Vet minimum 

Edwards/Jackson/Stanley 

Wiggins/Kyle/Turner

Jaren/Tolliver/Hill 

Wiseman/Dieng/ Porter

This team is exciting but will lose enough to get us a top 5 pick in 2021. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QMemphis said:

Since we are in hypothetical land how bout this

GS: 2nd pick, Wiggins  
Why: They strike out on a big targetand need win now pieces not to mention their pick back  

Mem: Jonas, Winslow, Tyus, Allen GS 24 1st

MIN: 1st pick, Turner 
Why: need win now players add two starter level players in addition a solid pick asset  

MEM: Dillon, BC, Utah 1st

Ja/Melton/Vet minimum 

Edwards/Jackson/Stanley 

Wiggins/Kyle/Turner

Jaren/Tolliver/Hill 

Wiseman/Dieng/ Porter

This team is exciting but will lose enough to get us a top 5 pick in 2021. 

No thank you at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Since we are in hypothetical land how bout this

GS: 2nd pick, Wiggins  
Why: They strike out on a big targetand need win now pieces not to mention their pick back  

Mem: Jonas, Winslow, Tyus, Allen GS 24 1st

MIN: 1st pick, Turner 
Why: need win now players add two starter level players in addition a solid pick asset  

MEM: Dillon, BC, Utah 1st

Ja/Melton/Vet minimum 

Edwards/Jackson/Stanley 

Wiggins/Kyle/Turner

Jaren/Tolliver/Hill 

Wiseman/Dieng/ Porter

This team is exciting but will lose enough to get us a top 5 pick in 2021. 

Man so we just leave hypothetical land for pure fantasy land?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Since we are in hypothetical land how bout this

GS: 2nd pick, Wiggins  
Why: They strike out on a big targetand need win now pieces not to mention their pick back  

Mem: Jonas, Winslow, Tyus, Allen GS 24 1st

MIN: 1st pick, Turner 
Why: need win now players add two starter level players in addition a solid pick asset  

MEM: Dillon, BC, Utah 1st

Ja/Melton/Vet minimum 

Edwards/Jackson/Stanley 

Wiggins/Kyle/Turner

Jaren/Tolliver/Hill 

Wiseman/Dieng/ Porter

This team is exciting but will lose enough to get us a top 5 pick in 2021. 

hell no.  that 2nd unit is pure crap.  you really want melton as your backup PG and jackson as backup SG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, King Dork said:

Would I do it? Absolutely. Would the Warriors? He 🏒 🏒 no

Kleiman and Jenkins said yesterday that they want players with a high basketball IQ. I can't imagine a player they would be less interested in than Andrew Wiggins. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

hell no.  that 2nd unit is pure crap.  you really want melton as your backup PG and jackson as backup SG?

Realistically it wouldn’t happen but the goal would be to get a top 2021 pick and Kyle would be able to share playmaking duties in this scenario 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Man so we just leave hypothetical land for pure fantasy land?

Those trades are just as realistic or better unrealistic as what has been already posted lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Those trades are just as realistic or better unrealistic as what has been already posted lol 

Well since now I am actually seeing rebuttals to trade ideas that land us the number 1 and 2 picks for role players and two future picks you may have a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could sign Marc Gasol as FA, trade Dieng for Rudy Gay, deal Dillon Brooks and Justise Winslow for Mike Conley, make connections to get JaM Green, James Ennis and Avery Bradley, and then market Grit and Grind NEXT GEN. Top it off by hiring Joerger to be an assistant.

 

 

 

*This is not to be taken seriously (needed as some posters would take this seriously), although I think Joerger would make an outstanding assistant wherever he goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

We could sign Marc Gasol as FA, trade Dieng for Rudy Gay, deal Dillon Brooks and Justise Winslow for Mike Conley, make connections to get JaM Green, James Ennis and Avery Bradley, and then market Grit and Grind NEXT GEN. Top it off by hiring Joerger to be an assistant.

 

 

*This is not to be taken seriously (needed as some posters would take this seriously), although I think Joerger would make an outstanding assistant wherever he goes.

But Joerger would want Jeff Green back. He was the one pushing for the trade, though he never caught much grief for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

But Joerger would want Jeff Green back. He was the one pushing for the trade, though he never caught much grief for it. 

We have some first round picks to trade. Let’s do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

We could sign Marc Gasol as FA, trade Dieng for Rudy Gay, deal Dillon Brooks and Justise Winslow for Mike Conley, make connections to get JaM Green, James Ennis and Avery Bradley, and then market Grit and Grind NEXT GEN. Top it off by hiring Joerger to be an assistant.

 

 

 

*This is not to be taken seriously (needed as some posters would take this seriously), although I think Joerger would make an outstanding assistant wherever he goes.

I was thinking of bringing Jeff Green back on a 4 year deal then just leave him on the bench (dressed out) for the entirety of his contract with him never seeing any game time. Then, at the end of his 4 year deal we laugh and point at Jeff Green like Nelson from the Simpson’s and laugh “Ha, Ha!”

#PracticalJoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where is the Easy Button Trade Machine where I can get my Ja Morant, Matisse Thybulle, Deni Avdija, Jaren Jackson Jr., and James Wiseman starting five with Chris Paul, Markus Howard, Justise Winslow, De’Anthony Melton, Jon Konchar, Brandon Clarke, Kostas Antetokounmpo, Jae Crowder and Al Horford off the bench?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s it, let’s bring 5 former Grit/Grind small forwards off the bench next year for our bench mob. 

Jeff Green/Solomon Hill/Jae Crowder/DeMarre Carroll/Bruno Caboclo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 2:27 AM, King Dork said:

Would I do it? Absolutely. Would the Warriors? He 🏒 🏒 no

 

On 8/22/2020 at 3:47 AM, ALT GRIND said:

Yeah probably not.  We would probably have to find a really DUMB franchise in order to pull that off (getting Wiseman for secondary players and mediocre picks).  

Thankfully the Minnesota Timberwolves have the first pick....

You guys really believe Bobby Myers wont think about a package like that. I know they could easily draft Wiseman and continue their run and build for their future, but Curry has only 3 or 4 years left and they wont be a championship team in the West without experienced guys around their core.

With the Nets DLo trade, Iggy trade, their guys aging and getting paid they have no supporting cast.They wont get a KD again, so their best chance is to go after multiple good players that they would use around the core they have. Also, I dont think they will keep the picks we would give them in a deal, I believe they will trade them in two separate deals.

  1. A package with their Iggy trade exception for a D Schroder, T Ross or someone like that (I consider putting Tyus Jones on the deal, but I believe GS would prefer to have SlowMo to replicate Livingston role and go after Schroder [Barbosa] than having Tyus and go after Ross, but if they prefer the other option its ok too).
  2. And they could easily trade some a the pick we gave them in a additional deal with Poole + Looney + Smailagic + some some of their own picks for a scoring guard/wing in a trade/S&T.

 Then they add some vets throw FA.

Look their team with these trades:

 

Curry/Schroder/vet

Thompson/trade/Lee

Dillon/SlowMo/vet

Draymond/Paschall

JV/Chriss/vet

 

I would prefer this than that:

*They would probably still be able to deal Iggy exception with some the picks they have, but only that,  they wont have much left, and even if they could sign someone in this case they will have money for just another player.

 

Curry/Schroder/Bowman

Thompson/Lee/Poole

Wiggins/vet/Toscano

Draymond/Paschall/Smailagic

Wiseman/Chriss/Looney

 

 

Maybe they find a better deal them ours, that depends in how much ppl value LaMelo and Wiseman, but JV is: a great center (he brings night in and night out), is all about winning and fits their window. Maybe they trade down get some players for the exception and still be able to select Okongwu, would be their dream scenario, I really dont know.

But dont act like giving Dillon + SlowMo or Tyus + JV + 2 or 3 first round picks wont make they think.

 

Talking about us:

Having a young core of Ja, Tyus, Allen, Wiggins, Melton, Winslow, Jaren, Clarke and Wiseman is great.

 

Ja/Tyus

Allen/Melton/Konchar*

Winslow/Wiggins

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

Wiseman/Dieng/2way*

 

By the way, you guys joked about getting some old Grizzlies back, but I would go after Crowder, Bradley, Solo, Jam and Noah as soon as the deal is done. We dont need most of them to play, but we need their presence for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

 

You guys really believe Bobby Myers wont think about a package like that. I know they could easily draft Wiseman and continue their run and build for their future, but Curry has only 3 or 4 years left and they wont be a championship team in the West without experienced guys around their core.

With the Nets DLo trade, Iggy trade, their guys aging and getting paid they have no supporting cast.They wont get a KD again, so their best chance is to go after multiple good players that they would use around the core they have. Also, I dont think they will keep the picks we would give them in a deal, I believe they will trade them in two separate deals.

  1. A package with their Iggy trade exception for a D Schroder, T Ross or someone like that (I consider putting Tyus Jones on the deal, but I believe GS would prefer to have SlowMo to replicate Livingston role and go after Schroder [Barbosa] than having Tyus and go after Ross, but if they prefer the other option its ok too).
  2. And they could easily trade some a the pick we gave them in a additional deal with Poole + Looney + Smailagic + some some of their own picks for a scoring guard/wing in a trade/S&T.

 Then they add some vets throw FA.

Look their team with these trades:

 

Curry/Schroder/vet

Thompson/trade/Lee

Dillon/SlowMo/vet

Draymond/Paschall

JV/Chriss/vet

 

I would prefer this than that:

*They would probably still be able to deal Iggy exception with some the picks they have, but only that,  they wont have much left, and even if they could sign someone in this case they will have money for just another player.

 

Curry/Schroder/Bowman

Thompson/Lee/Poole

Wiggins/vet/Toscano

Draymond/Paschall/Smailagic

Wiseman/Chriss/Looney

 

 

Maybe they find a better deal them ours, that depends in how much ppl value LaMelo and Wiseman, but JV is: a great center (he brings night in and night out), is all about winning and fits their window. Maybe they trade down get some players for the exception and still be able to select Okongwu, would be their dream scenario, I really dont know.

But dont act like giving Dillon + SlowMo or Tyus + JV + 2 or 3 first round picks wont make they think.

 

Talking about us:

Having a young core of Ja, Tyus, Allen, Wiggins, Melton, Winslow, Jaren, Clarke and Wiseman is great.

 

Ja/Tyus

Allen/Melton/Konchar*

Winslow/Wiggins

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

Wiseman/Dieng/2way*

 

By the way, you guys joked about getting some old Grizzlies back, but I would go after Crowder, Bradley, Solo, Jam and Noah as soon as the deal is done. We dont need most of them to play, but we need their presence for sure.

If you had the #1 pick would you trade it for JV? No. So why would they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

We can't do that though,  that's too much salary 

 

17 minutes ago, King Dork said:

If you had the #1 pick would you trade it for JV? No. So why would they?

Its not JV, I said 3 firsts + JV. Also I suggested Dillon and SlowMo too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

So where is the Easy Button Trade Machine where I can get my Ja Morant, Matisse Thybulle, Deni Avdija, Jaren Jackson Jr., and James Wiseman starting five with Chris Paul, Markus Howard, Justise Winslow, De’Anthony Melton, Jon Konchar, Brandon Clarke, Kostas Antetokounmpo, Jae Crowder and Al Horford off the bench?

my back of the envelope calculation says that that team costs something like 170 million dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

 

Its not JV, I said 3 firsts + JV. Also I suggested Dillon and SlowMo too.

Dillon isn't an asset. SloMo isn't an asset. They are negatives. The warriors don't want a complementary player who a) can't shoot or b) takes shots from Klay and Steph because he wants to go 1 on 4 and shoot a midrange at 37%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

 

Its not JV, I said 3 firsts + JV. Also I suggested Dillon and SlowMo too.

If were trading first I hope it's some other team we acquired, I never want to go through the same thing as the Jeff Green trade again. Maybe their pick back plus JV. I understand that GS needs contributors now so I see they reasoning behind doing the trades but I'm just not fund of the proposed 6ers deals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now