Grizzled Vet

Your 2020 offseason moves predictions. Free agents & deals

Predictions on free agents and other off-season moves?

Main free agents of note: Josh Jackson and Anthony Tolliver are UFA, and De'Anthony Melton is RFA. 

Will Grizzlies draft in first round this year?  Currently, they could potentially draft top 4 or no first round pick, nor do they have their own 2nd, but do have Phoenix's 2nd round pick.  

Also, given the willingness of the FO to deal, who do you predict is not back of players currently under contract?

And for those deep in Grizzlies/Hustle fandom: What is status of Yuta and Konchar for next year?

Since editing for the title, here are key dates:

October 16 is NBA draft

October 17 - Deadline for player, team and early termination options; deadline for qualifying offers extended to restricted free agents

October 18 is beginning of NBA free agency "conversations"

October 19 - Restricted free agents can sign offer sheets; teams can sign rookies, league minimum and two-way deals; rookie options can be exercised

October 23 - NBA free agency signing period begins (10 a.m. ET); teams can sign and extend players, plus complete trades; restricted free agent offer sheets can be matched

I'm guessing that given his disappearance in the Orlando bubble, Josh doesn't have much value to the team as it currently stands. I'll predict he gets a non-guaranteed one year offer from some team.

Tolliver is a vet that has a strong reputation and can hit a 3. If he's not with the Grizzlies, they will replace him with another vet. Given he can back up the injury and foul prone JJJ, if he's cool with playing 0-15 minutes a game, he or someone like him will be on the roster.

Melton  is in the same spot that Delon Wright was last year and JaM Green a few years ago. I could see the team looking for a replacement, but hoping no one throws cash at him that they can't match. 

Kyle and Tyus seem to be the most logical players to be dealt, but I'm not sure what team would give something of value for Kyle.

3 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Melton will be resigned

Josh is as good as gone

If we lucked into the top 4 pick who we taking?

if you luck into a top 4 pick you trade it and BC for Beal.

I don't think we'll do anything, FO will count on internal improvement from everyone  

9 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Melton will be resigned

Josh is as good as gone

If we lucked into the top 4 pick who we taking?

Melton 3 years / $24 million. 

If we luck into the top 4 pick, we should try to package it to get a 3&D wing ready to contribute now. 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I'm cool with giving Boston that 14th

I don’t want a Lottery pick this year. If I’m drafting a guy I’d rather convey this season and draft next year. If we hit in the lottery I’d trade that thing in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Melton 3 years / $24 million. 

If we luck into the top 4 pick, we should try to package it to get a 3&D wing ready to contribute now. 

Do we have Melton’s Bird rights or are we using the Mid-Level?

I think only one of Melton-Jackson-Tolliver will be back. I dunno which one.

I like Yutas and Konchars game but they're 16th and 17th man, unfortunately very replaceable. Theyre probably gone.

Draft will just be that second rounder we got, my money's on drafting Tyus' brother Tre.

Trade wise Kyle, Guduric and Dieng are probably the only guys to look at trading, tho doubt we'd get anything for them

FA-wise Marc, Crowder and Hill were at the game apparently today watching. Wouldn't oppose to bringing 1 or 2 of them back.

14 minutes ago, cdp said:

I like Yutas and Konchars game but they're 16th and 17th man, unfortunately very replaceable. Theyre probably gone.

Draft will just be that second rounder we got, my money's on drafting Tyus' brother Tre.

Trade wise Kyle, Guduric and Dieng are probably the only guys to look at trading, tho doubt we'd get anything for them

FA-wise Marc, Crowder and Hill were at the game apparently today watching. Wouldn't oppose to bringing 1 or 2 of them back.

How much would you be willing to pay for Marc?

21 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Do we have Melton’s Bird rights or are we using the Mid-Level?

He's a restricted free agent. I think we'll get him on a good deal. Will he even get an offer sheet? Not too many teams have cap space this summer. 

Resign Melton. 

Jabari Parker with MLE. 

Winslow and Dieng for Otto Porter. 

If you can get another pick, I like Jordan Nwora and Immanuel Quickley. Two good shooters who move effectively without the ball. 

Either way I only see simple moves for good rotation players. I don't see any rock the boat moves under any circumstance. 

34 minutes ago, cdp said:

Yeah, I think that is pretty cool that those guys were there.

Konchar will be back on a two-way, competing for a roster spot. I'm sure they will rotate Yuta out who could find his way on another G-League team or probably be a hero in Europe or Asia.

We'll have 12 players in the roster (not counting 2-ways) before making any moves. We'll have a 2nd rounder plus the BAE and MLE to spend.

My guess is every FA is gone except Melton who will get an offer within the BAE, and we will sign the 2nd rounder to a min vet contract. Then use the MLE (or part of it) to get some scorer for the bench.

Konchar stays as a 2-way, Yuta probably gone to be replaced by whoever excels in Summer League.

I could see Marko getting waived to make room for another FA.

I don't see any major trades in the offseason. Dieng ('s expiring contract) could be a good trade asset closer to the deadline for teams in tax trouble.

resign melton.

Would really like to see what we can do with what we have for another year. Dieng,Anderson i could see as trade pieces but i wouldnt do anything drastic. Pray that we convey our pick to boston this year and set our eyes on Wings in the 2021 draft. We have the assets to move up if needed/

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Resign Melton. 

Jabari Parker with MLE. 

Winslow and Dieng for Otto Porter. 

If you can get another pick, I like Jordan Nwora and Immanuel Quickley. Two good shooters who move effectively without the ball. 

Either way I only see simple moves for good rotation players. I don't see any rock the boat moves under any circumstance. 

Quickley is a guy they might be able to snag in the second round, but probably not at our pick. They should be able to trade up in the second round though. He's like Melton that can shoot. 

Marko gets waived, Konchar signed for the minimum to replace him. 

Melton resigned for less than MLE, or sign and trade. 

Sign Jabari Parker if he opts out, trade for him if he doesn't. Possibly sign and trade Melton for Jabari Parker and a 2nd from Sacramento.

Shop Kyle and Dieng. If we trade Kyle, we need to bring back Josh. 

I'd trade Kyle to Dallas for Delon Wright. Pretty much same contract and value, but Wright can replace Melton. 

7 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

if you luck into a top 4 pick you trade it and BC for Beal.

I don't think we'll do anything, FO will count on internal improvement from everyone  

Don’t trade BC I do not understand this logic at all BC is exactly the type of player to develop one of his flaws this offseason and be on an entirely different level next season. The high scoring guard will come in time we don’t have to trade one of the better rookies in the league for him

5 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

We'll have 12 players in the roster (not counting 2-ways) before making any moves. We'll have a 2nd rounder plus the BAE and MLE to spend.

My guess is every FA is gone except Melton who will get an offer within the BAE, and we will sign the 2nd rounder to a min vet contract. Then use the MLE (or part of it) to get some scorer for the bench.

Konchar stays as a 2-way, Yuta probably gone to be replaced by whoever excels in Summer League.

I could see Marko getting waived to make room for another FA.

I don't see any major trades in the offseason. Dieng ('s expiring contract) could be a good trade asset closer to the deadline for teams in tax trouble.

This seems pretty dead on and logical

I’d look at Jordan Clarkson or Brynn Forbes as MLE targets this offseason and both can help with our lack of a 3rd oh issue

Jordan Nwora is a possible draft target to replace Josh Jackson