Sign in to follow this  
GameOn

Team Hero - DOUBLE TRIPLE DOUBLE BUBBLE Edition - Bucks vs Grizzlies - August 13/20 -

TH:  1A. JV / 1B. Ja

Both had triple doubles. JV 26 pts/19 reb/12 ast/ 1 blk      Ja 12 pts/13 reb/10 ast

Only the 12th time in NBA history where two team mates had triple doubles in the same game as per BnaBreaker!!!

HM:  The "good" Dillon 31 pts/2 reb/2 ast

52 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Only the 12th time in NBA history where two team mates had triple doubles in the same game as per BnaBreaker!!!

Anyone know when the most recent previous one was? 

38 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Watch Zion match the double triple double at the food court tonight.  

🍗🥩🥓🍔🍟🍕🌭🍦🥧🍩🎂🍺 ... burp.

2 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Anyone know when the most recent previous one was? 

Maybe message BnaBreaker for the answer.

5 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Is this the first time we won with Dillon scoring 30+?

Good question. I know we won lots of games when he scored 20+ (Fischer's Law).

His shooting percentages were great today. 66.7% from the floor, 57.1 % from 3.

I remember us being excited about Fischer's law, and then Dillon scored over 30 and we lost.  It was the first time during the season he eclipsed 20 and we lost.  I'll check.

20 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Good question. I know we won lots of games when he scored 20+ (Fischer's Law).

His shooting percentages were great today. 66.7% from the floor, 57.1 % from 3.

Okay, I just checked.  The answer to my question is yes.  Dillon's first 30+ game this season was the MLK game against NO.  He really had a good game statistically with 31/9/4/2/0 and 48% from the field and 50% behind the arc, but we lost by 10.  The second game was 28 Feb against SAC.  He scored 32, but fouled out and we lost by 3.  So this is the first time this season we won with him hitting the 30 mark.

Dillon's career high of 36 was the last game of his rookie season against OKC.  We lost that one too.

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Watch Zion match the double triple double at the food court tonight.  

He’s gonna hit Sbarro AND Chik-fil-a 😂😂

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I remember us being excited about Fischer's law, and then Dillon scored over 30 and we lost.  It was the first time during the season he eclipsed 20 and we lost.  I'll check.

Fischer's law will have to be changed to:  20 or more but less than 30.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Okay, I just checked.  The answer to my question is yes.  Dillon's first 30+ game this season was the MLK game against NO.  He really had a good game statistically with 31/9/4/2/0 and 48% from the field and 50% behind the arc, but we lost by 10.  The second game was 28 Feb against SAC.  He scored 32, but fouled out and we lost by 3.  So this is the first time this season we won with him hitting the 30 mark.

Dillon's career high of 36 was the last game of his rookie season against OKC.  We lost that one too.

So maybe for the rest of this season he should keep it in the 20-29 range just to be safe. 🤣

7 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Aha.  Two recent  Double-triple-doubles: 

2018 - LeBron James and Lonzo Ball

2007 - Vince Carter and Jason Kidd

1989 - Jordan & Pippen

1987 - Bird & Parrish

1982 - Magic & Kareem

https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/12/17/only-9-pairs-of-teammates-have-ever-recorded-a-triple-double-in-the-same-game/  

13 of 18 in the article are HoFers or likely locks for it, I think.  I hope that bodes well for our guys.

2 hours ago, TimBC said:

Aha.  Two recent  Double-triple-doubles: 

2018 - LeBron James and Lonzo Ball

2007 - Vince Carter and Jason Kidd

1989 - Jordan & Pippen

1987 - Bird & Parrish

1982 - Magic & Kareem

https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/12/17/only-9-pairs-of-teammates-have-ever-recorded-a-triple-double-in-the-same-game/  

So Ja and JV are the 10th in NBA history (not 12th as previously reported) to do this, according to the article.

Honorable Mention: Jacques Vaughn and the Nets team, for competing so **** hard when they didn't have any seeding incentive to do so. They couldn't pull it off in the end...but eventually these tight games HAVE to put a toll(iver) on Lillard and McCollum...right?!

8 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ja Morant had one heck of a rookie year. Wow!!!

agree, and putting on a few extra pounds with muscle will help, but not sure if that will make a difference in how effective he is or evolves...maybe help him with less injuries...in my view, he is our franchise player...now we need to surround him with options.

Yesterday was probably the most enjoyable game for me as a Grizz fan....don't feel so good today after all the ....festivities last night....really hate that NBA decided that 9 seed  needs 2 wins...soooo....if we lose to Dame and then win #1 pick...i would be ok with the season.

11 hours ago, GameOn said:

So Ja and JV are the 10th in NBA history (not 12th as previously reported) to do this, according to the article.

Or else there have been two more since the article (Dec. 2018)

55 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Or else there have been two more since the article (Dec. 2018)

The stats mystery continues ...

BnaBreaker:  where did you get your "12th" stat from?