chipc3

Play In Game Thread Portland vs Memphis

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

In the end the difference was guys like Melo, CJ and Dame had already been there. And now so will our guys.

I don't see how it's that they been there. They are just big time shot makers. Two of them do it in your face with good defense. We don't really have anyone with that ability

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

In the end the difference was guys like Melo, CJ and Dame had already been there. And now so will our guys.

Was it the diffference? Memphis was missing their 2nd most talented player and nearly won. Too many 4th quarter turnovers, but I don't know if that's all youth since Anderson had a couple and he's been to the playoffs before. 

It's hard to be a believer in Portland. They had good games from all their main guys, and barely scraped by. They can get hot fast with Lillard and McCollum out there, but they still don't have much else going for those guys and Nurkic (and his 20 fouls a game). 

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I don't see how it's that they been there. They are just big time shot makers. Two of them do it in your face with good defense. We don't really have anyone with that ability

They made a lot of big shots even over good defense. Shook my head a lot in this game. 

No shame in this loss at all. What a rollercoaster season, memorable for good and bad reasons. Next year they come back healthier, more experienced, with a couple added pieces n they'll go farther then they are now.

And for Portland....I hope the Lakers kick their arse!

3 minutes ago, Everett said:

Was it the diffference? Memphis was missing their 2nd most talented player and nearly won. Too many 4th quarter turnovers, but I don't know if that's all youth since Anderson had a couple and he's been to the playoffs before. 

It's hard to be a believer in Portland. They had good games from all their main guys, and barely scraped by. They can get hot fast with Lillard and McCollum out there, but they still don't have much else going for those guys and Nurkic (and his 20 fouls a game). 

I haven't been a believer in Portland all bubble. They barely beat the Nets who were missing too many players to even count on one hand. The refs had to bail Portland out that game with one of the worst foul calls all year on a Lillard three, and the refs had to bail Portland out this game with that BS foul late in the fourth quarter. 

But I digress, trying not to blame the refs too much. Grizzlies played great and thats what matters. Ya'll looked really strong, and kept it close when nobody was even giving ya'll a chance. Can't wait to see what improvements ya'll make next season, best of luck! 

Sigh. 34 wins, not many expected that. I'm disappointed that the guys won't get a taste of the playoffs, but they exceeded expectations. 

Too bad couldn't have won one of the "easy" games. 

The guys fought hard in the end, the injury to JJJ really hurt. It'll be interesting to see what they learn from this and what happens in the off-season

17 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Ja's turnovers were inexperience I think, can't try those when it's winning time

MEM vs POR 

shooting 48.9%   vs 45.2
rebounds 49-39  
from deep 14-25      vs. 15-40   

BUT 

18-13 TO 
Free throws  18-22 vs  35-41   

OK, a shorthanded inexperienced team will foul more, but really? 

GREAT efford tonite don,t relax to much because next season will start in about 3 months 

I hope this experience changes DB,he started out horrifically,  but the last 2 games he played his heart out. I think that San Antonio game was the best thing that could've happened to him. This bubble will make these dudes hungry 

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

I hope this experience changes DB,he started out horrifically,  but the last 2 games he played his heart out. I think that San Antonio game was the best thing that could've happened to him. This bubble will make these dudes hungry 

If we got this Dillon the first 3 games instead of Kobe lite, we would have been fine

33 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

How much did that have to kill Jaren to sit and watch this?

The pain of JJJ having to watch is worse than the injury, I'm sure.

6 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

If we got this Dillon the first 3 games instead of Kobe lite, we would have been fine

Right! I wanted to hurry up and trade him but to see that much of a change from a few days gives me huge hope 

34 minutes ago, UOFLfan7 said:

I haven't been a believer in Portland all bubble. They barely beat the Nets who were missing too many players to even count on one hand. The refs had to bail Portland out that game with one of the worst foul calls all year on a Lillard three, and the refs had to bail Portland out this game with that BS foul late in the fourth quarter. 

But I digress, trying not to blame the refs too much. Grizzlies played great and thats what matters. Ya'll looked really strong, and kept it close when nobody was even giving ya'll a chance. Can't wait to see what improvements ya'll make next season, best of luck! 

Thanks for joining in today. Good luck with the Nuggets on Monday.

36 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Well you have to give the Blazers a lot of credit.

They definitely did not want a game 2.