Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Milwaukee Bucks - 8/13/20

Recommended Posts

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, August 13, 3:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Milwaukee Bucks 

Location: Orlando Bubble

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Final Regular Season Game

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn


Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Anthony Tolliver Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png 201229.png 202685.png

Bucks Starting 5

 

Eric Bledsoe Wesley Mathews Kris Middlleton Greek Freak Brook Lopez
202339.png 202083.png 203114.png 203507.png 201572.png

 

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Brandon Clarke, Gorgui Dieng, Marco Guduric, Jaren Jackson (INJ), Josh Jackson, Tyus Jones (INJ), John Konchar, De'Anthony Melton, Johntay Porter, Yuta Watanabe, Justise Winslow (INJ)

Milwaukee Bucks: Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Sterling Brown, Pat Connaughton, Donte DiVenceno, George Hill, Ersan Ilyasova, Kyle Korver, Robin Lopez, Frank Mason, Cameron Reynolds, Marvin Williams, D J Wilson

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Bucks: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Giannis out tonight due to oral surgery. Bucks play tomorrow night too, and then us on Thursday. 

"Antetokounmpo was listed as out for Monday's game after previously being listed as probable "due to a toothache," per Matt Velazquez of the Journal Sentinel."

Well, that's a new one. Someone get him some floss and an electric toothbrush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least two other players have had significant dental work done since the league descended upon Disney — the Pelicans’ Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart both underwent procedures there. As for the procedure Giannis had done, sources compared it to a root canal.

Sounds painful - I really think Giannis needs to rest for a few more days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

At least two other players have had significant dental work done since the league descended upon Disney — the Pelicans’ Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart both underwent procedures there. As for the procedure Giannis had done, sources compared it to a root canal.

Sounds painful - I really think Giannis needs to rest for a few more days. 

And Giannis is out again tonight vs. the Wizards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Like I know Jenkins old employer will rest guys and let him get the freebie. 

Plz Coach Bud. Have pity on your old padawan.

11 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Now Giannis playing tonight, but almost everyone else resting. 

Legit, if they don't rest at least 3 starters against us I think we should just leave the bubble in protest. That would be some crazy ish. 

Can we even beat their back-ups though? George Hill/Donte DiVincenzo/Connaughton/Marvin Williams/Robin Lopez with Korver/Brown/Ilyasova off the bench. That might legit be a better team than the one we currently have out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say let's do a protest and hold back all of our starters/key players going forward.

Let's do an 8 man rotation  of Melton, Allen, Jackson, Tolliver, Dieng, Konchar, Guduric and Watanabe. No team rested against  us so let's rest against  them in this last game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I say let's do a protest and hold back all of our starters/key players going forward.

Let's do an 8 man rotation  of Melton, Allen, Jackson, Tolliver, Dieng, Konchar, Guduric and Watanabe. No team rested against  us so let's rest against  them in this last game. 

 

This won't look good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cdp said:

Theres a slight glimmer of hope y'all.

Giannis is probably getting suspended https://streamable.com/7prvva

 

I'll  just repost myself:

Quote

Why would this matter? Even if we keep the 8th, POR is going to beat us twice. We have no one and I mean no one to offset Dame and maybe Ja to offset McCollum. Not a good matchup. If we're 9 we definitely going out in 1 game. Even if we somehow make it to the playoffs, have we done anything encouraging to make us think they can steal 1 or 2 games?

At this point, I wanna see good bball so I want to see POR and PHX in the play-in series and then POR and the LAL in the first round. We are totally impotent right now and are relying on other teams to lose to stumble into the playoffs. I used to want to make the playoffs when this started but we are young and banged up. We can't even beat the Flint Michigan Tropics right now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's the ultimate put up or shut up game. If we win we're in, if we lose we deserve to go home.

I assume they'll rest people, and Giannis is probably going to be suspended for this game. We'll have a chance at least. Nets have been pretty good in the bubble, maybe they can knock off the Blazers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Well it's the ultimate put up or shut up game. If we win we're in, if we lose we deserve to go home.

I assume they'll rest people, and Giannis is probably going to be suspended for this game. We'll have a chance at least. Nets have been pretty good in the bubble, maybe they can knock off the Blazers. 

Jacque Vaughn is also coaching for his own future, since the Nets disrespectfully have floated around the media they're starting their coaching search and there are names like Kidd and Lue being thrown around.

But let's be real, if Dame just put up 61 against a talented, motivated Mavs team, there's no way he's letting them lose to the Nets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dwash said:

I realize that, but what good would it do to win this? POR is playing DAL who really has nothing to gain cause if UTAH loses and DAL win, UTAH is still the 6th seed and DAL is still the 7th seed so I wouldn't be surprised if they rest people and POR easily wins. 

Trying to win this game does nothing for me. Even if we win, say we're the 9th seed, do you really think we can beat POR in 2 out of 3 games? Even if we do, do you think we could snag a game against the Lakers?

I'm just over it and I think they have gotten all out of it that they could. I mean, they don't look good, it's kind of embarrassing to me. I don't want to risk injury to Ja or somebody else and have them out for part of next season in a game that is just delaying the inevitable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Jacque Vaughn is also coaching for his own future, since the Nets disrespectfully have floated around the media they're starting their coaching search and there are names like Kidd and Lue being thrown around.

But let's be real, if Dame just put up 61 against a talented, motivated Mavs team, there's no way he's letting them lose to the Nets.

Dame put up 61 just for them to win by 3. What if he can't do that again? Plus the Nets players are hungry, since they're all mostly playing for their futures given the make shift nature of their team. Should be a good game i think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I realize that, but what good would it do to win this? POR is playing DAL who really has nothing to gain cause if UTAH loses and DAL win, UTAH is still the 6th seed and DAL is still the 7th seed so I wouldn't be surprised if they rest people and POR easily wins. 

Trying to win this game does nothing for me. Even if we win, say we're the 9th seed, do you really think we can beat POR in 2 out of 3 games? Even if we do, do you think we could snag a game against the Lakers?

I'm just over it and I think they have gotten all out of it that they could. I mean, they don't look good, it's kind of embarrassing to me. I don't want to risk injury to Ja or somebody else and have them out for part of next season in a game that is just delaying the inevitable 

You have to explain to players who still believe on why we are quitting when you are in the play in spot.  It's a different feel when you are actually among the ones grinding to achieve a goal I'm sure.  Not someone just estimating the chances of getting into the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This bubble ends up being a good experience even if the Grizzlies fall out of the playoffs and play-in games. It had a higher than normal intensity level and mostly playoff teams to compete against. Also, I think we all knew they were done when Jaren got injured.

Grizzlies are still a super young team, and also a roster that's very much a work in progress. They have to learn to beat good teams, and management also benefits from seeing some of the weaknesses magnified when playing good teams.

As a side note, I really hope management sits down with Jenkins in the offseason to talk about how it makes literally no sense to avoid challenges. I still don't understand why Jenkins almost never uses his challenges. It seems small, but every now and then it can be a good tool to avoid or cause a change in momentum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dwash said:

You have to explain to players who still believe on why we are quitting when you are in the play in spot.  It's a different feel when you are actually among the ones grinding to achieve a goal I'm sure.  Not someone just estimating the chances of getting into the playoffs. 

i think they already know, especially the vets. I'm also worried about a freak injury. At some point, we have to face reality. It's been good that the young guys have experienced a pseudo-playoff style environment but obviously we weren't prepared to up our game and then we had some bad luck as well.

7 minutes ago, Everett said:

This bubble ends up being a good experience even if the Grizzlies fall out of the playoffs and play-in games. It had a higher than normal intensity level and mostly playoff teams to compete against. Also, I think we all knew they were done when Jaren got injured.

Grizzlies are still a super young team, and also a roster that's very much a work in progress. They have to learn to beat good teams, and management also benefits from seeing some of the weaknesses magnified when playing good teams.

As a side note, I really hope management sits down with Jenkins in the offseason to talk about how it makes literally no sense to avoid challenges. I still don't understand why Jenkins almost never uses his challenges. It seems small, but every now and then it can be a good tool to avoid or cause a change in momentum. 

Quite honestly, I think they have learned as much as they could up to this point, play-in game or not, getting swept by the Lakers or not. We are clearly undermanned and missing 3 key players, we are clearly inexperienced and I hope this pseudo-playoff experience has helped them understand how to prepare for the playoffs better but I think we have learned all that we could learn in these 7 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s beat the Bucks and see what happens in the play-in game.  I actually wanna see how we matchup with the Suns (another promising upstart team).  Gimme Ja Morant vs. Dame again.  Morant needs to hone his shooting and killer instinct.  Maybe he can take some notes in the Bubble World rematch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let's start the game with the best offensive lineup.  the problem for most of these games with and moreso without jaren has been that they've dug themselves too deep a hole and can never fully climb back out.  kyle is the weak link offensively with the starters and doesn't allow ja driving lanes since the defense can collapse.  give me ja/grayson/dillon/tolliver/JV with kyle/melt/clarke/gorgui the only bench players rotating in and out.  play kyle/melt w/ either dillon or grayson as the designated SF on the offensive side of the ball.  they have to start off strong offensively.  i want ja and grayson to be aggressive early and dillon to be aggressive but smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this