Rdk4121

Grizzles Trade Targets

8 hours ago, Everett said:

DeRozan does not have above average defense. He is maybe the worst defender at his size in the whole league. Believe me, I'm a Raptors fan who had to watch his matador defense for ages. The worst part is, it's not a lack of tools. It's just low effort and IQ on that side of the court. 

Your comparison to Kawhi is just...I have no words. Kawhi did a lot more than just shoot in the mid-range to help the Raptors to a championship. He had one of the best playoff runs of any player not named LeBron in recent memory. If you want a pretty telling stat, Kawhi Leonard's career eFG% is .544% (.561 in the playoffs), DeMar's is .471% (.429% in the playoffs). As everyone knows, he's a really bad 3pt shooter for a SG in today's league. It's a big reason his eFG% is so low. 

And I just want to repeat this again...DeMar is a terrible defender. He is a massive liability on that end. And again, mostly just very low effort and IQ. Once in a blue moon, he may actually apply himself on that end and look like a decent defender, which just makes it worse that he's as bad as he is. 

While he passes well, he can really monopolize the offence for stretches and shut out his teammates as well as slow down the whole team's offence. He's gotten better at that with age, but he's still a bit too much of a reactive passer (ie. his teammates stand and watch and he mostly passes as a last resort when he thinks he can't take a shot...not a good shot, just any shot he wants to take) rather than an active playmaker who tries to move the D and get the best shot for his team.

He is easily one of the most frustrating players to watch in the league today. He just doesn't fit. A high volume scorer who doesn't defend, shoot and to a lesser extent pass at a high level is a tough sell in any era, but even more so these days. 

I would try to argue my point, but I saw someone post that he makes 27.7mil and I mostly agree with you so, I stand corrected. I do feel like mid range shooting is still effective in the nba tho. 

4 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Looks like the knicks will take on bad salary for some assets . 

Do they have anything at all? What would they even want from us? Not to mention we don't have any 'bad salary' other than G.D and his is a huge expiring. I don't see anything there.

3 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Do they have anything at all? What would they even want from us? Not to mention we don't have any 'bad salary' other than G.D and his is a huge expiring. I don't see anything there.

Nothing obvious , they could be a 3rd team.

18 hours ago, King Dork said:

I would try to argue my point, but I saw someone post that he makes 27.7mil and I mostly agree with you so, I stand corrected. I do feel like mid range shooting is still effective in the nba tho. 

It's not about whether the mid range is effective. It's very effective....but if you're a perimeter player in today's league and command a lot of touches, you better be able to shoot from deep. It's even a problem for Giannis, and he's a much better player than DeMar. Giannis not being a good 3pt shooter has been a problem for his team at times.