Rdk4121

Grizzles Trade Targets

23 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Horford + Zhaire Smith + 2020 first for Dieng + Kyle. 

Horford does have some value for us off the bench. He's still elite defensively, he can still stretch the floor reasonably well. He rebounds pretty well. Obviously overpaid, but we do need a vet with playoff experience, and he has tons of it. He should be able to play with any of our bigs (even JV for short spurts). Zhaire Smith is just a toss in, he's probably getting waived by Philly next year, but he's a low risk/high reward type guy for us. More or less just saves them a little money (to account for Kyle's trade kicker). It's essentially like getting a second round pick, but with some NBA experience. We aren't getting Thybulle. 

For Philly, you get a big expiring contract with Dieng, who can still provide solid value as a backup big for you. Kyle is a solid, versatile defender and passer for your second unit. Mostly, you get cap relief for 2021(like 19 million including Smith's contract). 

There's pros and cons obviously, but who are we getting that is better than Horford in free agency? Plus his contract declines in value and is only partially guaranteed his last year if we really want cap space. Horford could reasonably start for us, but would really help the second unit. The more I think about it. the more I like it. It wouldn't prevent us from keeping any of our guys either. 

After looking at the free agency tracker sites ALL the guys are overpaid. Some massively so.  

I would think about getting Horford too.  The 21st pick should have value.  Then it depends on the third piece.  Matisse Thybulle would be great but he’s probably off the table.  Zhaire Smith is injured a lot but he is athletic and good defensively.  He also had lots of buzz going into the 2018 draft.  

Horford would be a good backup for JV.  Couldn’t play ‘em both together (too slow) but you could play Big Al with either Jaren or Clarke.  We also need front line passing and Horford would help with that.  

8 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I read trades on here and ask myself why on Gods green earth would teams give up something for nothing? Then I realize cause Grizz fans said so! That’s why. 

Not sure if you're talking about my deal (I'm at least not peddling JV for the 2nd overall pick trade), but Horford was easily the worst FA signing last year, and is crippling Philly's ability to make any other moves for several more years given the other contracts they have on the books. They getting desperate pretty clearly. There aren't going to be a lot of teams lining up to trade for Horford. We're still in an asset collection mode, and don't have any terrible contracts going forward (Dieng, but that's at least expiring). 

zhaire smith is oft injured and another poorly offensively skilled undersized defensive SG.  he got ridiculous hype for some reason but i was never ever convinced about him.  we already have melton who assuming we re-sign, smith becomes redundant.  want no parts of him or horford.  harris would fit well, but his contract is a no-no.  i would love a lineup of ja/allen or dillon/harris/JJJ /JV w/ tyus/dillon or allen/winslow/clarke and melton as well for spot minutes at 3rd string SG.

15 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Not sure if you're talking about my deal (I'm at least not peddling JV for the 2nd overall pick trade), but Horford was easily the worst FA signing last year, and is crippling Philly's ability to make any other moves for several more years given the other contracts they have on the books. They getting desperate pretty clearly. There aren't going to be a lot of teams lining up to trade for Horford. We're still in an asset collection mode, and don't have any terrible contracts going forward (Dieng, but that's at least expiring). 

Nah. Yours I don’t see why the Grizzlies would do it. Horford is washed at this point. No need to trade for a 33/34 year old center on a rebuilding team. They should prioritize young vets or draft picks not old dudes on huge contracts 

3 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Nah. Yours I don’t see why the Grizzlies would do it. Horford is washed at this point. No need to trade for a 33/34 year old center on a rebuilding team. They should prioritize young vets or draft picks not old dudes on huge contracts 

By taking Horford a draft pick or 3 must be included, but imho still not enough to make us do it. 

53 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I read trades on here and ask myself why on Gods green earth would teams give up something for nothing? Then I realize cause Grizz fans said so! That’s why. 

Bruh who gives up number 1 picks for guys we debate whether or not they should start for us (a non playoff team) plus a pick like 3 or 4 years out? If it was that easy somebody would be doing it. 

40 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

zhaire smith is oft injured and another low offensively skilled undersized defensive SG.  he got ridiculous hype for some reason but i was never ever convinced about him.  we already have melton who assuming we re-sign, smith becomes redundant.  want no parts of him or horford.  harris would fit well, but his contract is a no-no.  i would love a lineup of ja/allen or dillon/harris/JJJ /JV w/ tyus/dillon or allen/winslow/clarke and melton as well for spot minutes at 3rd string SG.

The contract is the only reason I'd do Horford over Harris. That extra year plus extra 5-10 million a year on the other years is just too much. I don't remember if it was this FO that was interested in him or the last one, but I know we were interested at some point. 

39 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I wouldn't call Horford washed, he's still putting up solid numbers, but he just doesn't fit with Embiid. Now, he might be washed by the end of the deal imo, but again he's probably serving as a backup anyway. It's mainly to collect more assets. We need veteran leadership, just see the bubble for an example. 

Nuggets might look to clear some cap possibly, because they have a lot of free agents (Milsap, Plumlee, and Torrey Craig, plus probably want to add Bol to the main roster). Will Barton would be a great fit for the second unit. 

I already mentioned Tony Snell as a option to trade for. 

I think unless we get someone that we could buy for reasonably low, like Snell or possibly Barton (though he will take more than Snell to get) we should just stand pat. Maybe you could get a star like Buddy for reasonably low for a star at least, but everyone else would either just require too much (Beal, Lavine, Oladipo), or aren't worth what their contract is (Horford, Harris). 

Just keep our books pretty clean and we can sign or trade for a big time free agent in 2021 if we want.

I wouldn't do this deal, but the one deal I see possible with Philly would be Harris + Thybulle+ 1-2(?) firsts for Dieng, Winslow, Anderson. Pure cap relief. Not sure they'd do it but that would be the price to get rid of 35+ million/year on Harris' contract.

And Matisse Thybulle is basically Andre Roberson. All these Philly fans think he's this amazing thing, but he's a defensive player who can't shoot or score. He's a worse Tony Allen. So, get over yourselves Philly.

16 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I wouldn't do this deal, but the one deal I see possible with Philly would be Harris + Thybulle+ 1-2(?) firsts for Dieng, Winslow, Anderson. Pure cap relief. Not sure they'd do it but that would be the price to get rid of 35+ million/year on Harris' contract.

And Matisse Thybulle is basically Andre Roberson. All these Philly fans think he's this amazing thing, but he's a defensive player who can't shoot or score. He's a worse Tony Allen. So, get over yourselves Philly.

Okay, so why do you want the Grizzlies to trade for him?  He's shown himself to be unplayable and got benched... Heck to the no...   

Official Grizzlies talent acquisition criteria: 

Must be able to shoot or score!!  Preferably 3 n D....

Per all Grizzles Fans  🐻

2 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Okay, so why do you want the Grizzlies to trade for him?  He's shown himself to unplayable... Heck to the no...   

Per all Grizzles Fans  🐻

I don't want them to trade for him. I'm just saying if you're talking trades with Philly that works the best salary wise and sorta compensates the grizzlies for sacrificing all their offseason moves for like 3 years because of harris. I would rather keep the cap room. Over and over it's shown that using cap room for trades is how we'll have to get a great 2nd best player. or rather use that to get assets to package for a distressed asset

5 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I don't want them to trade for him. I'm just saying if you're talking trades with Philly that works the best salary wise and sorta compensates the grizzlies for sacrificing all their offseason moves for like 3 years because of harris. I would rather keep the cap room. Over and over it's shown that using cap room for trades is how we'll have to get a great 2nd best player. or rather use that to get assets to package for a distressed asset

Agree, I'd rather the Grizz add Hield and Kelly Oubre....  It would cost about the same....😎

What is Hields stats? I didnt really pay much attention to him 

7 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

44 of % 41 from 3 on 16 ppg

And according to these boards we can trade Marco Guduric  and 2 second round picks to get him! Let’s do it!

1 hour ago, King Dork said:

And according to these boards we can trade Marco Guduric  and 2 second round picks to get him! Let’s do it!

Lol, I guess the desire to leave will allow us to dictate the negotiations and get him for a decent haul

18 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Okay, so why do you want the Grizzlies to trade for him?  He's shown himself to be unplayable and got benched... Heck to the no...   

Per all Grizzles Fans  🐻

And as brought up before, the last deal they made was for Justise Winsow which doesn't really fit that criteria.

I remember back in the day when we had Pau, all people talked about was getting a big bruiser to go alongside Pau and protect him, I called him the Yeti cause we would never see that person and the description of the player that people wanted at the price Memphis could afford AND getting that person to come to Memphis was nearly impossible.

Theoretically if this team stays constituted the way it is, yes that is the type of person the Grizz need, but realistically when you factor in that other changes will be made, the team make up will change (Ja and JJJ will be the only constants over the next 3 years or so),   our salary cap situation, the fact that we still had a losing record this season, the fact that we don't have many desirable tradeable assets, the small market factor and the fact that most teams are looking for players like that, I wouldn't hold my tongue waiting on the Grizz to make a move like that. We're not getting Klay Thompson for Yuta Watanabe anytime soon.

We have to upgrade as much as we can and stockpile as much talent as we can. regardless of whether or not if it is a perfect fit,  so that we can win more games. 

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I remember back in the day when we had Pau, all people talked about was getting a big bruiser to go alongside Pau and protect him, I called him the Yeti cause we would never see that person and the description of the player that people wanted at the price Memphis could afford AND getting that person to come to Memphis was nearly impossible.

Well, we didn't sign the Yeti, but we signed the Hulk.

3095207397_179fce9ac9_o.jpg

13 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

ha, i remember that game. ole boy got pis5ed that game..

slim.

38 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Don't make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry. 

16 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

What is Hields stats? I didnt really pay much attention to him 

I would be surprise if the Kings would let him GOS

43 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

We should target Harris. No Phily deals.

Was that supposed to be shouldn't target?

9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

trash