Rdk4121

Grizzles Trade Targets

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I can remember Tony Allen at OKSU doing a statue of liberty from dang near the free throw line in a tourney game against U of Memphis. 

Yeah he was a freak athlete!  He lost a lot of that but TA was great for us as the defensive savant.

I think Conley had a 40 vert. that really wasn’t functional in games.  I bet OJ Mayo had a solid vertical too.  

anyone who's watched allen at duke, with scant minutes in utah/gleague, and even this season have seen plenty of moments from the preseason through regular season where you could see plenty of straight line speed,  bounce/dunks/athleticism.  if you don't see that you're being very selective with what you consider athleticism.  i don't feel like pulling out game highlights, but his athleticism is pretty obvious particularly for his "white guy/shooter" archetype.

anyways, back on topic.  regardless of trades, i'm most interested to see what becomes of melton and josh.  i don't see them retaining josh just based on the bubble unless they were trying to hide him/suppress his value.  however, i would've expected them to pick up his option if they had even been considering him being here beyond this season.  if I'm him, I don't know if I'd want to be back unless i run out of other options.  re: melton, he did get a bit exposed in the bubble, but still has value as a defensive harraser of PGs and some SGs.  he has to tighten his handle, decision-making, and his jumper.  I think if I had to choose him or josh, i'd choose him, but i don't think they should pay more than $8-8.5 mil per year for 3-4 years w/ a team option on the last year.  other than that, unless we're talking about getting back someone like booker, beal, or brown, i think i'm content to stand pat and let these young guys grow together for another year.  i've cooled slightly on lavine and am completely out on hield.

2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Caris looking pretty good against the second best defense in the league. His passing ability has gotten a ton better.

5-22 isn't what anyone would call "good." He is a solid passer though, and under normal circumstances he's probably not your number one option. 

21 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

5-22 isn't what anyone would call "good." He is a solid passer though, and under normal circumstances he's probably not your number one option. 

He is the main threat they are trying to take out of the game. He took some bad shots. I think he would be a solid 2 option behind Morant. 

he is facing the 2nd best defense in the league too 

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He is the main threat they are trying to take out of the game. He took some bad shots. I think he would be a solid 2 option behind Morant. 

he is facing the 2nd best defense in the league too 

All due respect, but Jaren is our number 2 option, or at least should be. Caris would be an upgrade over Dillon, who actually took the most shots for us this year apparently. 

Caris drive game is nice but he needs a better off dribble jump shot or well organized playoff defenses will always make him inefficient. And with how much he needs the ball I dont see him blending well with KD, Kyrie, Dinwiddie. He is likely the odd man out. 

19 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Caris drive game is nice but he needs a better off dribble jump shot or well organized playoff defenses will always make him inefficient. And with how much he needs the ball I dont see him blending well with KD, Kyrie, Dinwiddie. He is likely the odd man out. 

I agree, but the thing about Caris is that he doesn’t have to have the ball like you think. He was playing off ball all season until Kyrie went out. 

He has high bbiq and not many players can pass like he can. He still gets to the rack. They can collapse on him because he’s the only dribble drive threat. Put him with Ja and that changes

I already know he is the odd man out. He shouldn’t be in Brooklyn past next season.

he’s averaging 16/13/6 through 2 playoff games so far. 3.5to a game. 

39 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

All due respect, but Jaren is our number 2 option, or at least should be. Caris would be an upgrade over Dillon, who actually took the most shots for us this year apparently. 

Should be. But a number two option that does nothing but score isn’t high on my list. Let me know when the 7fter averages more than 4 rebounds a game and below 4 fouls a game. 

Caris can do a little bit of everything, and will probably be had cheap if they are trying to unload for a third star (throw some expirings and picks their way) Thats if they are dumb enough to let him go. 

Caris is averaging 24/6/5 since Kyrie went out. Against the 2nd best defense in the league he’s averaging 16, but is showing off his other assets such as passing. 15 assist game and an 11 assist game back to back. 

Dillon can’t do that. He doesn’t have that ability. Caris has also had two triple doubles this season and a 51pt game along with multiple 30pt games. 

39 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Should be. But a number two option that does nothing but score isn’t high on my list. Let me know when the 7fter averages more than 4 rebounds a game and below 4 fouls a game. 

Caris can do a little bit of everything, and will probably be had cheap if they are trying to unload for a third star (throw some expirings and picks their way) Thats if they are dumb enough to let him go. 

Caris is averaging 24/6/5 since Kyrie went out. Against the 2nd best defense in the league he’s averaging 16, but is showing off his other assets such as passing. 15 assist game and an 11 assist game back to back. 

Dillon can’t do that. He doesn’t have that ability. Caris has also had two triple doubles this season and a 51pt game along with multiple 30pt games. 

Jaren is one of the better defenders in the NBA and a top 10 shot blocker. One of the best 3 point shooter regardless of position, and certainly one of the best at his position. Obviously he's not a great rebounder, but we were 5th in rebounding in the NBA so it clearly didn't have a huge affect on our entire team. 

Again we get it, you like Caris. He's a solid player, and he's certainly an upgrade over Dillon (or Justise), but he's also probably not avaliable. 

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

Jaren is one of the better defenders in the NBA and a top 10 shot blocker. One of the best 3 point shooter regardless of position, and certainly one of the best at his position. Obviously he's not a great rebounder, but we were 5th in rebounding in the NBA so it clearly didn't have a huge affect on our entire team. 

Again we get it, you like Caris. He's a solid player, and he's certainly an upgrade over Dillon (or Justise), but he's also probably not avaliable. 

Jarens best attributes are shooting and fouling. His block percentage and foul rate go hand in hand. If he learns to stay on the floor he will be more effective.

but 18/4/2 is not a 2nd option player no matter how you slice it.

24/6/5 is. 

being able to get a triple double, score 51, and do something other than score is more valuable than what Jaren brings to the table at the moment. That’s not up for debate 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Caris will win you more games than Jaren at this point. 

Jaren is still young and has a lot of room to grow but you are basing him being better on nothing more than him being on this team.

39 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Jarens best attributes are shooting and fouling. His block percentage and foul rate go hand in hand. If he learns to stay on the floor he will be more effective.

24/6/5 is. 

being able to get a triple double, score 51, and do something other than score is more valuable than what Jaren brings to the table at the moment. That’s not up for debate 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Jaren is still young and has a lot of room to grow but you are basing him being better on nothing more than him being on this team.

Caris doesn't average 24/6/5, he averages 18/4/4 on average to below average shooting percentages. Don't care about your caveats or whatever. Those are facts. 

Jaren is a good defender, and despite fouls still was 3rd on the team in minutes per game. He'll figure that out, and there's no denying that when he is out there he's incredibly effective (I know that is the issue, but yeah). 

The reality is per 36, they're very similar across the board. Obviously Caris is better as a passer, Jaren is better at defense. Caris is also 5 days away from 26, and Jaren isn't even 21. He can't even buy alcohol and is still destroying people (ask Nurkic). 

Also Jaren's win shares per 48 are about double that of Caris. Can't really agree that Caris wins you more games. He has .5 less win shares despite playing 2 less seasons. 

30 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

24/6/5 is. 

An ideal 2nd option or Option 1a should be able to create HIS own shot from multiple areas AND create for others.  Spot up shooters and post up guys are better as third options although BOTH Ja and Jaren should take more shots.  

I cant wait in a year or two where Jaren just explodes and makes everyone look bad. He has legit superstar potential if he can just get his fouls under control and stay in the game

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Caris doesn't average 24/6/5, he averages 18/4/4 on average to below average shooting percentages. Don't care about your caveats or whatever. Those are facts. 

Jaren is a good defender, and despite fouls still was 3rd on the team in minutes per game. He'll figure that out, and there's no denying that when he is out there he's incredibly effective (I know that is the issue, but yeah). 

The reality is per 36, they're very similar across the board. Obviously Caris is better as a passer, Jaren is better at defense. Caris is also 5 days away from 26, and Jaren isn't even 21. He can't even buy alcohol and is still destroying people (ask Nurkic). 

Also Jaren's win shares per 48 are about double that of Caris. Can't really agree that Caris wins you more games. He has .5 less win shares despite playing 2 less seasons. 

Jaren is such a beast 

9 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

You are looking at his yearly stats. I’m looking at game 49 on where Kyrie was no longer playing and he started averaging over 30 minutes a game. 

you need context. Before that game he was playing 24-28 mpg. 

since game 49 he has had 2 triple doubles, a 51pt game, and I believe 4 games of 30+

Quit looking at averages with Levert. You don’t know his situation. His per 36 right now is very lopsided because of that. His per 36 as of right now from game 49 on is way better than Jarens lol. 

will that always be the case? Who knows. If jaren keeps getting 3 rebounds in 43 minute games probably not lol. Jaren will never be a facilitator I know that much. 

Levert is that player (like TJ Warren) who if you watch them, you know what they can do, but don’t get that opportunity because of where they are. Their stats don’t tell the whole story. Phoenix was a horrible place for that kid.

Brooklyn just happened to get Kyrie and Durant. The latter which will really affect Leverts value next season which is where you would need to watch what happens to try and snag him. 

Surprisingly I’ve had both of them on my radar  for awhile. TJ has exploded and is now pretty much untouchable. 

9 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

An ideal 2nd option or Option 1a should be able to create HIS own shot from multiple areas AND create for others.  Spot up shooters and post up guys are better as third options although BOTH Ja and Jaren should take more shots.  

He is a creator going to the rim. Hence the 13 assist he is averaging over two games in the bubble. He has rack game and his shot selection needs to be better. But he is JUST now getting a chance to work on that because the last few seasons have had freak injuries.

last playoff run he averaged 21ppg against Philly. He has gotten tremendously better at his dribble game and passing. 

depending on what happens In Brooklyn he could be had for cheap. 

people don’t know much about Levert because he hasn’t had much of a chance to play or was taken out of rotation because of Kyrie and some freak injuries.

once KD and Kyrie are in the lineup I suspect Levert will still start with them. But if they are looking to unload he has one of the better contracts that make for expirings and possibly some picks.

All depends on how they want to play it. 

7 hours ago, Crizzle said:

I cant wait in a year or two where Jaren just explodes and makes everyone look bad. He has legit superstar potential if he can just get his fouls under control and stay in the game

I hope so. His scoring has gotten better but it’s like he let all of his other things go to waste. He has a TON of work to do. 

3 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I hope so. His scoring has gotten better but it’s like he let all of his other things go to waste. He has a TON of work to do. 

If he upped his rebounds by two this conversation would be a little different. If we are looking at his bubble play then the fouls may be on a downward trend

8 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

If he upped his rebounds by two this conversation would be a little different. If we are looking at his bubble play then the fouls may be on a downward trend

By 2? Nah I don’t think so. He needs to average around 7-8 rebounds a game.

We will see on the fouls. He still went up instead of down. If he can stay on the floor I’d be happy with that. He was hitting 30+ minutes pretty well in the bubble which is encouraging. But the 3 rpg he was averaging in the bubble is inexcusable 

6 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

By 2? Nah I don’t think so. He needs to average around 7-8 rebounds a game.

We will see on the fouls. He still went up instead of down. If he can stay on the floor I’d be happy with that. He was hitting 30+ minutes pretty well in the bubble which is encouraging. But the 3 rpg he was averaging in the bubble is inexcusable 

He averaged 4.6 rebounds last year, 6.6 is 2 more rebounds

3 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

He averaged 4.6 rebounds last year, 6.6 is 2 more rebounds

I want 7 or more. He went DOWN in rebounding this year lol

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers did an overhaul. Players may be available. They are going nowhere fast with one of the highest team salaries in the NBA and their salaries get even worse next year:

4 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers did an overhaul. Players may be available. They are going nowhere fast with one of the highest team salaries in the NBA and their salaries get even worse next year:

Josh RIchardson??  

7 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yeah, good luck getting rid of Tobias Harris and Al Horford’s contracts.