Rdk4121

Grizzles Trade Targets

I think it is pretty clear that we need another star to get us over the hump. I figured we needed a thread to discuss all our different options we want to pursue and potential packages. 

Some trade candidates include: 

Buddy Hield

Victor Oladipo 

Kelly Oubre

Zach LaVine

Bradley Beal

Jrue Holiday

And some non wing positions - Aaron Gordon, Al Horford, Myles Turner. 

Who would be your most wanted? 

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

CARIS LEVERT. period.

He's solid and I'd really like him, but I think they're going to use him in a trade to net another star. That's the reason I didn't include him. Same thing with Spencer Dinwiddie. 

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

He's solid and I'd really like him, but I think they're going to use him in a trade to net another star. That's the reason I didn't include him. Same thing with Spencer Dinwiddie. 

Include him. Give up a few firsts and Brandon Clarke and Dillon Brooks 

Include him. Give up a few firsts and Brandon Clarke and Dillon Brooks 

He’s more than solid. He’s an Allstar.

That's debatable. Certainly not a few firsts, certainly not Clarke. He's not super efficient, but maybe his efficiency goes up a little when he's the 3rd option, cause he's been asked to be the 1st or second option all year. I'd consider 2 firsts for him, but I wouldn't even include Brooks at that point, I'd say Dieng since he's expiring next year, and they could flip him in another trade, and can use those 2 firsts to help get their star. 

16 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think it is pretty clear that we need another star to get us over the hump. I figured we needed a thread to discuss all our different options we want to pursue and potential packages. 

Buddy Hield

Victor Oladipo 

Kelly Oubre

Zach LaVine

Bradley Beal

Jrue Holiday

Those guys might cost too much and I don’t think they move the needle a whole lot...  

Guys like Giannis, AD, Luka, Harden, Jokic and a few more move the needle.  Maybe the Sixers flameout and they kick the tires on splitting up the Embiid/Simmons dynamic duo. 

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Those guys might cost too much and I don’t think they move the needle a whole lot...  

Guys like Giannis, AD, Luka, Harden, Jokic and a few more move the needle.  Maybe the Sixers flameout and they kick the tires on splitting up the Embiid/Simmons dynamic duo. 

Why would any of those teams trade their franchise cornerstones? I'm assuming we're aiming to keep Ja and Jaren. You named like 5 of the top 7 MVP candidates, of course they'd move the needle. 

We essentially need to pull off a Porzingis type trade, where we get a budding star for practically nothing other than picks. 

My number one guy is Victor Oladipo. He can be a number one option on offense, he is an all-defensive team guy. 

Running a lineup of Ja, Vic, Justise, Brandon, and Jaren out there is the best lineup I can imagine us realistically getting. That's elite defensively, with a lot of different skillsets on offense. 

Buddy Hield should be pretty easily attainable. He's essentially just a better version of Dillon, which would be nice, since we've been very good when Dillon has been playing his best. Dillon and Kyle plus that Jazz first should get it done imo. 

4 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Why would any of those teams trade their franchise cornerstones? I'm assuming we're aiming to keep Ja and Jaren. You named like 5 of the top 7 MVP candidates, of course they'd move the needle. 

To get a Beal type you gotta trade some rotation dudes and two future first round picks.  To get an MVP level guy you throw in some extra cash, another (protected?) first founder and maybe one of Jaren or Clarke.  That moves the needle more and gets you more back.  You throw in the kitchen sink if you can keep Ja and Clarke if you can get Giannis and non-bad contracts.  Even better if you can keep Jaren.  That gives you a great Big 3.  

Only a handful of guys can assure us of getting at least to the second round.  A kid-level Star still costs you two major rotation pieces and two major draft assets.  Not worth it.

Here are a few younger guys I like that might only cost us ONE future pick (along with 40) and a role player plus an expiring contract: Mitchell Robinson, Duncan Robinson and Mikal Bridges. I also like Matisse Thybulle.  Bol Bol might be overrated for the type of deal it would take to get him.  MPJ might be overpriced.  If the Bucks fail to win it all then maybe we can get Donte Inferno if they want some “win now” pieces.  The Cavs’ Dylan Windler was hurt all year but if they draft a wing (they already have Kevin Porter Jr) maybe we can get him for something like Winslow/40/cash.  Windler can shoot. At least he could in college.  ... Lonzo Ball for Winslow/40/future pick could work for both sides.  Neither main guy is a top notch shooter but Lonzo can also defend and rebound and is a better passer.  Lonzo might be an ideal secondary playmaker to pair with Ja.  

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

That's debatable. Certainly not a few firsts, certainly not Clarke. He's not super efficient, but maybe his efficiency goes up a little when he's the 3rd option, cause he's been asked to be the 1st or second option all year. I'd consider 2 firsts for him, but I wouldn't even include Brooks at that point, I'd say Dieng since he's expiring next year, and they could flip him in another trade, and can use those 2 firsts to help get their star. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

You are looking at the wrong deal. He’s not inefficient, he gets to the rim and to the line.

Since Kyrie went out he’s averaging 25/5/5

He was on pace to become an Allstar before he got injured. There was y’all about it during his strong stretch.

In the time since he came back from his injury he had been on limited minutes. I’ve had people argue that he ain’t an Allstar caliber player until I tell them to go look at his games where he plays 30mpg or more.

Hes had a 51pt game. A triple double, 5 games of 30+ points, 10 games of 20 plus. 

This is since game 49 on. His first 9 games of the season before his thumb injury, he had 4 20+ point games. In the 9 games leading up to the injury he played over 30 minutes 5 times. 

That means in 18 games of playing 30 plus minutes he’s averaging 25.3ppg. Of those 18 games he played 30 minutes or more he scored less than 20 only 4 times. 

This is not including the other games where he scored 20 or more (or got close 18-19) in less than 30mpg.

He’s TJ Warren all over again. The kid can play. But you won’t get a chance to see that once Kyrie and Durant get back.

Hes a good rebounder, and can pass. He’s a decent defender too. 

He’s on a cheap contract extension of 53 mil. 

Looking at the combo of potential availability, contract status and fit, the I think Hield is the most likely target. 

He lost his starting job to Bogdanovic. He is signed for 4 more years after this year, averaging in the low 20s per year. He is a knockdown 3 pt shooter, 41% for this career. Ja would average 10+ assists per game with Hield on the wing. 

The question becomes cost. Kings would ask for Brandon for sure. We might be able to dump the last year of Gorgui's contract - $17.3M, ouch, Riley hosed Zach in that trade - to match out the contracts if we agreed to give up BC. Would probably have to throw in a future 1st also. If we are unwilling to include BC, doubt the Kings value Dillon and Kyle and a 1st rounder enough.

Shooting wings cost a lot, the most valued spot in the league right now. 

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Looking at the combo of potential availability, contract status and fit, the I think Hield is the most likely target. 

He lost his starting job to Bogdanovic. He is signed for 4 more years after this year, averaging in the low 20s per year. He is a knockdown 3 pt shooter, 41% for this career. Ja would average 10+ assists per game with Hield on the wing. 

The question becomes cost. Kings would ask for Brandon for sure. We might be able to dump the last year of Gorgui's contract - $17.3M, ouch, Riley hosed Zach in that trade - to match out the contracts if we agreed to give up BC. Would probably have to throw in a future 1st also. If we are unwilling to include BC, doubt the Kings value Dillon and Kyle and a 1st rounder enough.

Spot up shooters are very expensive.  Why not try to draft a few???  Markus Howard/Mason Jones: draft both in the second round (buy a pick) and hope we hit on one.  

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

You need more than a shooter. You want to get over the hump you get someone who can do a little of everything 

Dieng and Winslow have contracts that expire next season. Trade both for semi-mediocre contracts and second round picks.  Even if the traded for guys are just bench filler.  Shop Tyus.  We need to stockpile picks then repackage/consolidate assets.  

3 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

You need more than a shooter. You want to get over the hump you get someone who can do a little of everything 

If you are talking about Caris LeVert, I would love him on the Grizz, just don't think it's realistic. Nets would only trade him for a 3rd star to pair with KD and Kyrie, and we aren't trading Ja or JJJ. I think he stays with Brooklyn.  

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Dieng and Winslow have contracts that expire next season. Trade both for semi-mediocre contracts and second round picks.  Even if the traded for guys are just bench filler.  Shop Tyus.  We need to stockpile picks then repackage/consolidate assets.  

Nobody wants Gorgui at $17.3 million. He's a vet minimum player on the last year of a huge contract. We would have to attach a 1st to move him. And Winslow has a team option for the only $13M for the 21-22 season, so unless he is crippled that will be picked up. 

We need to find spots for Kyle and hopely Deng in order to make major move like Clavert.

You guys need to remember that our salary cap is structured to have lots of space in 2021, when it’s also likely we’ll have a lottery pick. No way the FO is going to make a trade that screws that up in 2020.

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

You guys need to remember that our salary cap is structured to have lots of space in 2021, when it’s also likely we’ll have a lottery pick. No way the FO is going to make a trade that screws that up in 2020.

But I want CARIS 😭😭😭

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Buddy Hield

Victor Oladipo 

Kelly Oubre

Zach LaVine

Bradley Beal

Jrue Holiday

I would go in that order:

Beal

Oladipo

Oubre

Hield 

Lavine

Im considering production and how much it would coust to get those guys in the decision. I have healthy concerns about Oladipo and Oubre, and I think Oubre and Hield probably will be the easier to get a deal done.

I think we should try to go for the draft way, Edwards and Avidja could he good options this year and next year we will have a good chance of making it throw our pick and the Jazz pick.

21 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Thank God we don't have a FO that's going to sell out that plan for a loser like Lavine or a second rate star like Lavert and cement us as a 4/5 seed for 7 years. They are going for the gold first which exists in the 2021 draft and free agent class. 

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

I doubt we'd ever trade Clarke for Hield. He's essentially a terrible contract for a bench player. Plus they'll want to extend Fox and Bogdan soon. They'll have to clear some cap to do that.