Crizzle

What is more frustrating, Dillons shot selection, or Jarens fouling?

What is more frustrating, Dillons shot selection, or Jarens fouling?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is more frustrating, Dillons shot selection, or Jarens fouling?

• Dillons shot selection
    • Jarens fouling

Sure wish we had that trade for Tsunami Papi back smh. I’d have took that deal for either Brooks. 

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I believe DIllon's shots appear worse because the games are close and JJJ's not fouling out like he did in the scrimmage games. 

DIllon makes a few more shots and people wouldn't be complaining. As it is now, JJJ's playing a ton of minutes and DIllon is missing a ton of shots. Reverse those outcomes and people's criticism would be reversed as well. 

A lot of the shots Dillon makes are terrible shots also. He had one sequence where he hit some awful contested foul line fadeaway and followed it up by the full speed runner in transition 1 on 2 that somehow bounced off the rim and in.

He made them, but they were atrocious ideas. His shots appear bad because he is inefficient and takes bad shots

Just now, Grizzfan7979 said:

A lot of the shots Dillon makes are terrible shots also. He had one sequence where he hit some awful contested foul line fadeaway and followed it up by the full speed runner in transition 1 on 2 that somehow bounced off the rim and in.

He made them, but they were atrocious ideas. His shots appear bad because he is inefficient and takes bad shots

CHURCH

Like ive stated before, ive always cringed on brooks shots whether they go in or not.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I have higher expectations for the #4 pick in the draft than a second rounder. 

I would hope you would as well. 

Right but your standards are too high because you think a 4 pick should be an all-star or franchise player. They CAN be but usually they aren't.

Here are the last 10 #4 picks, where does Jaren rank?

2019-Deandre Hunter

2018-JJJ

2017-Josh jackson

2016-Dragan Bender

2015-Kristaps Porzingis

2014- Aaron Gordon

2013- Cody Zeller (Cody freaking Zeller)

2012- Dion Waiters

2011- Tristan Thompson

2010- Wesley Johnson

You know what, this is fun, let's keep going

2009-Tyreke Evans

2008- Russell Westbrook

2007- Mike Conley

2006- Tyrus Thomas

2005- Chris Paul

2004- Shaun Livingston

2003- Chris Bosh

2002- Drew Gooden

2001- Eddy Curry

2000- Marcus Fizer

1999- Lamar Odom

In the past 10 years he's the best #4 pick (given Porzingis injury history). Through first two years only Chris Paul, Bosh, and Westbrook have been better.  Maybe you'd be happier with Tristan Thompson's FT and 3 point shooting and his superior rebounding.

I want him to improve too but criminy you harp on him too much. He's really freaking good.

He was only a 4 pick based on potential, the consensus was that it would take a few years to start reaching that potential. He was a 19 year old who only played 20 minutes a game in his one year at Michigan State. And he was a late riser, he was projected anywhere from 7-12 when the mocks first started coming out, he didn't start moving up the boards until right before the draft. Prior to that people were calling him a sleeper pick.

Even still, if they redrafted today the only guy who would clearly be taken ahead of him would be Doncic. He would be taken before Bagley and between him and Ayton it would be a toss up for who goes 2nd.

And if anyone says Trey Young would go higher just go ahead and log off and go to bed, you are drunk.

I think Jaren is a victim of his own success here. If he had come in as a project like he was widely expected to be I don't think there would be as much consternation about the couple weaknesses in his game. The fact that he has shown so much promise in other areas has gotten people's attention and invited scrutiny on the 2 or 3 areas where he is weak and needs improvement.

12 minutes ago, KyleB said:

He was only a 4 pick based on potential, the consensus was that it would take a few years to start reaching that potential. He was a 19 year old who only played 20 minutes a game in his one year at Michigan State. And he was a late riser, he was projected anywhere from 7-12 when the mocks first started coming out, he didn't start moving up the boards until right before the draft. Prior to that people were calling him a sleeper pick.

Even still, if they redrafted today the only guy who would clearly be taken ahead of him would be Doncic. He would be taken before Bagley and between him and Ayton it would be a toss up for who goes 2nd.

And if anyone says Trey Young would go higher just go ahead and log off and go to bed, you are drunk.

I think Jaren is a victim of his own success here. If he had come in as a project like he was widely expected to be I don't think there would be as much consternation about the couple weaknesses in his game. The fact that he has shown so much promise in other areas has gotten people's attention and invited scrutiny on the 2 or 3 areas where he is weak and needs improvement.

Exactly. Because he exceeded expectations last year we have put more heat on him for not being a star yet. Consensus was it would be a few years to develop. We still need that output but should feel validated that he is going to indeed get better

Dillon is a 6th man and nothing else. He's not a starter on a playoff team, he doesn't need to be playing 35+ minutes a night. 

His chucking affects the game less if he's doing it off the bench. He's essential what Dion Waiters is to the Lakers right now. 18-22 minutes, score some buckets, play some D, and let the starters close the game. He always plays better against bad teams, which gives me hope he can be effective against bench units. 

Other problem is we don't really have a starter quality wing player right now. Maybe Justise, but he wasn't replacing Dillon anyway. Maybe Melton can be a starter and we can trade for Oubre since I know they were shopping him. 

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Right but your standards are too high because you think a 4 pick should be an all-star or franchise player. They CAN be but usually they aren't.

Here are the last 10 #4 picks, where does Jaren rank?

2019-Deandre Hunter

2018-JJJ

2017-Josh jackson

2016-Dragan Bender

2015-Kristaps Porzingis

2014- Aaron Gordon

2013- Cody Zeller (Cody freaking Zeller)

2012- Dion Waiters

2011- Tristan Thompson

2010- Wesley Johnson

You know what, this is fun, let's keep going

2009-Tyreke Evans

2008- Russell Westbrook

2007- Mike Conley

2006- Tyrus Thomas

2005- Chris Paul

2004- Shaun Livingston

2003- Chris Bosh

2002- Drew Gooden

2001- Eddy Curry

2000- Marcus Fizer

1999- Lamar Odom

In the past 10 years he's the best #4 pick (given Porzingis injury history). Through first two years only Chris Paul, Bosh, and Westbrook have been better.  Maybe you'd be happier with Tristan Thompson's FT and 3 point shooting and his superior rebounding.

I want him to improve too but criminy you harp on him too much. He's really freaking good.

I’m not the one saying Jaren is going to be an all-Star and All-NBA player. If we want to say Jaren is going to be a 3 and D big that’s fine. I believe he has the talent to be more than that but he has to work hard to reach his max potential.

6 hours ago, KyleB said:

Umm, anybody want to change their answer? Yikes.

Dillon surging ahead in the poll, 60-40 two party prefered lol

15 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

So far in the bubble Dillon is a combined 18/49 from the floor and 5/23 from three.  Dillon's shot is definitely more frustrating.

Thats not good. 

42 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

So far in the bubble Dillon is a combined 18/49 from the floor and 5/23 from three.  Dillon's shot is definitely more frustrating.

Add in Ja's numbers, and our backcourt has shot 40/110 (36.3%) from the floor and 7/42 (16.6%) from three.

It's actually wild that we've been in all three of these games with both those guys shooting so poorly and the only reliable bench contributors being BC and Grayson.

JV and JJJ have been doing their part - they need to start getting some help from Ja, Dillon and Melton (who has shot 3/12).

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

It's not just the percentage but the quantity that is upsetting.