Crizzle

What is more frustrating, Dillons shot selection, or Jarens fouling?

What is more frustrating, Dillons shot selection, or Jarens fouling?  

34 members have voted

  1. 1. What is more frustrating, Dillons shot selection, or Jarens fouling?

    • Dillons shot selection
      21
    • Jarens fouling
      13


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

29th

Yeah, they had us last in the west, but had the Knicks being worse overall I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

You're making an argument I never made. I never said Jaren's problem wasn't worse, I said both taking bad shots and fouling can get players benched, which is correct. Never remotely said Dillon for benched for bad shots, though he has at least a couple of times. Being benched here is relative, might happen for other teams for bad shots, doesn't really happen here, and the reason he doesn't get benched is because he plays defense. 

Please don't reply to me, I don't want to have this conversation. 

I don’t mean to be rude but have you read the topic being discussed?

This thread is about the Grizzlies and which issue is more problematic: Jaren’s fouls or Dillon’s shots. I said Dillon’s shooting is t as problematic because he is t benched for it. Jaren’s could get him benched which hurts the team. I do t care about how other team’s deal with problem shooters. It doesn’t affect me either way. This thread is about the Grizzlies only.

And you don’t have to respond but you can if you wish. Just don’t tell me not to reply. Freedom of speech still exists here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Memphis Maverick said:

This is going to be a divided thread lol

Lol it will be for sure, and ppl will be right on both sides, because both those guys must adress this. Jaren is to good to being on the bench and Dillon must understand he is a role player, not Kobe Bryant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Lol it will be for sure, and ppl will be right on both sides, because both those guys must adress this. Jaren is to good to being on the bench and Dillon must understand he is a role player, not Kobe Bryant.

I agree wholeheartedly. dillon will know it was his fault we lost that game. Let’s just see how he adjusts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I agree wholeheartedly. dillon will know it was his fault we lost that game. Let’s just see how he adjusts. 

And, Ja lacked poise in 4th quarter crunch time and in OT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

And, Ja lacked poise in 4th quarter crunch time and in OT.  

I agree, the first time I really saw him lost in clutch minutes. This was a strange game for him, he played poorly on the beginning and at the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dillon’s bad play looked even worse with Jackson not getting into his usual foul trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Dillon’s bad play looked even worse with Jackson not getting into his usual foul trouble. 

Yeah I gotta agree with you, he took some really horrible shots tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dillon is a mediocre player at best, yet has the audacity to be selfish, while being enabled by Jenkins

He's the easy answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Dillon - well - there’s room for him on every good team. Think JR. Smith, J.Crawford, J Smooth... I’ll even add the Isaiah T. (Celtics version) small guard ,big heart ,huge self confidence bordering  on irrational guy. 
Dillon - when he finds his groove is not bad... he plays defense, sets screens, is ALWAYS calling for the ball 😉

 Dillon heatchecking from half court in the first 5 seconds of the shot clock going 1 on 5 - no thank you.

This version of Dillon showed up yesterday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Dillon’s bad play looked even worse with Jackson not getting into his usual foul trouble. 

Jaren had 5 fouls

You should have said Dillon looked even worse even with Jackson getting into his usual foul trouble

But don't let Jaren being game higher scorer with 33 stand in the way of the facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Jaren had 5 fouls

You should have said Dillon looked even worse even with Jackson getting into his usual foul trouble

But don't let Jaren being game higher scorer with 33 stand in the way of the facts

Jaren only got his 4th foul with 7 minutes left in regulation, and the 5th was a forced foul with one minute left in the OT. How on earth is that “his usual foul trouble”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Jaren only got his 4th foul with 7 minutes left in regulation, and the 5th was a forced foul with one minute left in the OT. How on earth is that “his usual foul trouble”?

To pile on, Jaren plays 43 minutes tonight. When has that ever been possible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys call Melton's 42% at the free throw line yesterday frustrating?  He a guard.  Not Shaq. Not Wilt.

If he shoots 57% at the line yesterday (not too much to ask of a guard)... Grizz win by one in regulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Would you guys call Melton's 42% at the free throw line yesterday frustrating?  He a guard.  Not Shaq. Not Wilt.

If he shoots 57% at the line yesterday (not too much to ask of a guard)... Grizz win by one in regulation.

Very frustrating, but he’s been shooting 80% from the stripe for the season, so that doesn’t look like a major worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Jaren had 5 fouls

You should have said Dillon looked even worse even with Jackson getting into his usual foul trouble

But don't let Jaren being game higher scorer with 33 stand in the way of the facts

I said what I meant. Jaren played 40+ minutes. His fouls came mostly late in the game and didn’t deter him from playing. He had two fouls at halftime rather than 3 early in the second quarter. He didn’t commit his 5th foul until 1:06 remained in OT.

That is NOT usual for Jaren who fouled out of the previous two scrimmages while playing less than half the game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJJ fouls make me so sad on the inside I cry sometimes

 

 

 

But really. I hate some of those fouls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Very frustrating, but he’s been shooting 80% from the stripe for the season, so that doesn’t look like a major worry.

If we don't hang on for a playoff spot, his 3-7 at the line yesterday will loom large.  We needed that win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bhoyal said:

If we don't hang on for a playoff spot, his 3-7 at the line yesterday will loom large.  We needed that win.

When you lose a game after OT you can point to any individual mistake in regulation and try to assign blame. I don’t think that’s entirely fair. Why not blame Ja for not calling a TO with 3s left in regulation? Or DB for missing the late tech free throw?

You can easily find individual deciding factors but you should be looking for persistent collective issues like our inability to run plays or our lack of rebounding even against small ball lineups. Because all indicates that Melton will hit those FTs next time, but we’ll still struggle to run an offensive set that doesn’t end with Dillon taking a contested 2 from the elbow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brooks is who he is...he is going to shoot when he’s cold or hot. 
what I can’t stand is when he or anyone decides to not give the ball up in the open court to possibly the most dynamic pg in the world. late in the game, brooks absolutely killed us with that play not giving the ball to ja and then travels. I believe he should have been pulled immediately. 
 

slim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

brooks is who he is...he is going to shoot when he’s cold or hot. 
what I can’t stand is when he or anyone decides to not give the ball up in the open court to possibly the most dynamic pg in the world. late in the game, brooks absolutely killed us with that play not giving the ball to ja and then travels. I believe he should have been pulled immediately. 
 

slim. 

Agree. Brooks is not a player you just leave in the game and let him work it out like, say, CJ McCollum, Oladipo, Beal, etc. When he is playing badly, especially down the stretch, he needs to be benched because he can absolutely kill your team.

 

OTOH, I'd always leave Ja, Clarke, and Jaren in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Agree. Brooks is not a player you just leave in the game and let him work it out like, say, CJ McCollum, Oladipo, Beal, etc. When he is playing badly, especially down the stretch, he needs to be benched because he can absolutely kill your team.

 

OTOH, I'd always leave Ja, Clarke, and Jaren in.

That's it. Brooks is treated like a player that should always play but he is not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now