chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Boston Celtics 8/11/2020

Grizzlies Game Time Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, Aug. 11 4:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies @ Boston Celtics

Television: Foxsports South, NBA LP

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: None

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Brandon Clarke Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png 1629634.png 202685.png

Celtics Possible Starting 5

Marcus Smart Jaylen Brown Gordon Heyward Jayson Tatum Daniel Theis
203935.png 1627759.png 202330.png 1628369.png 1628464.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Brandon Clarke, Gorgui Dieng, Marco Guduric, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Josh Jackson, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2), De'Anthony Melton, Johntay Porter, Anthony Tolliver, Yuta Watanabe (2), Justise Winslow (INJ)

Boston Celtics: Carson Edwards, Tacko Fall (2), Javonte Green, Enes Kanter, Romeo Langford, Semi Ojeleye, Vincent Poirier, Kemba Walker, Brand Wanamaker, Tremont Waters, Grant Williams, Robert Williams III

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Celtics: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

At some point the "good" teams might think about resting their "good" players.  If so, we have a chance.

Yep. Milwaukee and Toronto are locked into the 1st and 2nd seeds. Boston is 2 games ahead of Miami, but might have the 3rd seed clinched by the time they play us in their 7th bubble game.

Bucks only played Giannis and Middleton 15 minutes in their loss to the Nets on Tuesday. And Taylor worked for coach Bud in Atlanta and Milwaukee, so he might do us a solid in bubble game 8 a week from today.

17 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yep. Milwaukee and Toronto are locked into the 1st and 2nd seeds. Boston is 2 games ahead of Miami, but might have the 3rd seed clinched by the time they play us in their 7th bubble game.

Bucks only played Giannis and Middleton 15 minutes in their loss to the Nets on Tuesday. And Taylor worked for coach Bud in Atlanta and Milwaukee, so he might do us a solid in bubble game 8 a week from today.

That's the good news for us.  We play some scub teams -- then 2-2 could help us stay at 8.  We would still be in the play-in against 9 but would only need ONE WIN out of 3 games to get into the playoffs.  

great to see portland lost , boston should rest many of there starters , with memphis being only one win away for that 8th seed we should win this game 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:29 PM, ALT GRIND said:

That's the good news for us.  We play some scub teams -- then 2-2 could help us stay at 8.  We would still be in the play-in against 9 but would only need ONE WIN out of 3 games to get into the playoffs.  

One win out of two games.

34 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Hopefully Boston wins today so they're more incentivized to rest against us.

Bucks have a big game coming up too (on Tuesday?).  They might sit there top guys in the last Bubble game.

3 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Hopefully Boston wins today so they're more incentivized to rest against us.

They did win in overtime, and the starters played big minutes. Kemba will surely be sitting against us, and at the very least they might limit the minutes for the other starters. 

One Celtics writer said the Celts will definitely rest starters at least one of their last 2 games. Problem is if they decide to rest them for Thursday's game, then they don't play for a week before the playoffs start, and since they are playing well now, taking that long a rest is less than ideal.  

37 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

One Celtics writer said the Celts will definitely rest starters at least one of their last 2 games. Problem is if they decide to rest them for Thursday's game, then they don't play for a week before the playoffs start, and since they are playing well now, taking that long a rest is less than ideal.  

That'd be the cherry on top for what's already been a pretty unlucky bubble for us. Their last game is against the Wizards, who they could probably beat with their starters only playing the first half. Hopefully they rest starters against us (coming off the overtime game) and then just go reduced minutes in their last game.

I hope they rest them Tuesday 

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

I just wanna see what Ja and Clarke can do.  

What do you want to see that you haven't seen from the other games this season? 

If Boston comes out with their starters I swear the fix is in. 

OKC started a lineup of Abdel Nader, Darius Bazley, Mike Muscala, Luquentz Dort and Chris Paul today against Phoenix. Memphis has seen the Pelicans play Zion the most minutes he's played in Orlando, the full squad of Toronto despite their already all but clinched into their spot in the standings plus full strength San Antonio, OKC and Portland squads. 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What do you want to see that you haven't seen from the other games this season? 

Foul line dunks.  Maybe a 360 wind mill.  Brandon Clarke sporting some Kurt Rambis glasses.

memphis doesnot belong in the 2020  play-off

Just now, lions said:

memphis doesnot belong in the 2020  play-off

Who Asked You GIFs | Tenor

Just now, chipc3 said:

Who Asked You GIFs | Tenor

we look so bad

i,m happy with this season but very surprise about us getting beat up in this bubble   

i hope i,m wrong because i want to order a 2020 play-off shirt 

Keith on the Grit and Grinds pod had Tom Westerhom, a Celtics guy, on today. Westerhom said he doesn't expect the Celtics to rest guys tomorrow, and that Brad Stephens is more concerned about ramping up for the playoffs. Said Kemba is on an every other day schedule, but the Celtics had the day off today, so Kemba should play tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Keith on the Grit and Grinds pod had Tom Westerhom, a Celtics guy, on today. Westerhom said he doesn't expect the Celtics to rest guys tomorrow, and that Brad Stephens is more concerned about ramping up for the playoffs. Said Kemba is on an every other day schedule, but the Celtics had the day off today, so Kemba should play tomorrow. 

Their official twitter account just posted their injury report for yesterday and only Theis is listed as probable.

Looks like Bucks are our lone and only remaining chance.

if i was the boston celtics i would attack with full force. remember the celtics get memphis first rounder  in this years Draft 

5 minutes ago, lions said:

if i was the boston celtics i would attack with full force. remember the celtics get memphis first rounder  in this years Draft 

The guy on the pod said Stephens won't care at all about that. And of course the players could not care less. It's just the difference between 14 and maybe 17 anyway.