Grizzled Vet

Grizzlie Bubble Record Prediction

Predict Grizzlies Bubble Record  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many wins will the Grizzlies have?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/2020 at 08:10 PM

Give your 8 game record prediction for the seeding games.

For tie-breaker reasons, give the games you think the Grizzlies will win.

Tie breaker, give the teams that will be in the 8th & 9th spot.

Reminder of the 8 games:

Portland

Spurs

Pelicans

Jazz

Thunder

Raptors

Celtics

Milwaukee

4-4 is what I think. Maybe 5 wins. 

I hope for 5 or more wins, that would mean we have a chance for the 8 seed straight 

4. We win against the Spurs, Raptors, Celtics and Bucks - everyone panics going into the Raptors game as we sit at 1-4, but those remaining 3 teams start resting guys a bit and we pull off the 4-4 record.

Pelicans go 6-2 and we end up playing them in the play-in. First game is close, but they pull it off in the end. 2nd game they blow us out. We are knocked out :( 

1 minute ago, ACGrizz said:

4. We win against the Spurs, Raptors, Celtics and Bucks - everyone panics going into the Raptors game as we sit at 1-4, but those remaining 3 teams start resting guys a bit and we pull off the 4-4 record.

Pelicans go 6-2 and we end up playing them in the play-in. First game is close, but they pull it off in the end. 2nd game they blow us out. We are knocked out :( 

I think I like @ALT GRIND'S prediction better which could happen if the team plays like they did vs. the Heat.

But if they play like they did in those first two games, there could be two teams pass them.

I want to lean towards 5-3 but i'll say 4-4. I think they may struggle early on (2-3) and then pick up a couple of victories in those last 3 games. 

14 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I want to lean towards 5-3 but i'll say 4-4. I think they may struggle early on (2-3) and then pick up a couple of victories in those last 3 games. 

I voted 4-4 for the same reason

This schedule is pretty brutal... I think to get more than 3 wins we'll have to hope that some of the teams at the end are resting their players. 

I voted 3, with my guess that we get just one win over our western opponents and the last 2 games against resting Eastern Conference teams. Looks like SAS is our most winnable game on the schedule. That's rough. 

6-2

Wins over Blazers, Spurs, Pelicans, Thunder, Celtics and Bucks. We win the 8th seed by 4 games.

very similar to alt grind. I’m just going 6-2 (he had 6 teams we beat but not 6-2 record:):)  Crazy yeah but I really think we have enough of a chip on our shoulder to prove the world wrong

43 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I voted 4-4 for the same reason

If we could win those first 3 games, we're all but guaranteed the 8th seed.picking up victories against the main 3 teams you are fighting against would be huge. I hope i'm wrong and i hope we start off fast and go 3-0 but seeing how this season has played out and seeing how the scrimmages started off, I'm thinking it may be a slow start. 

Even if we go 4-4, I suspect those three teams will be around 4-4 as well and at worst we will have a play in but i think it's a good chance we get the 8th spot anyway.  It's not alike all of those teams will win 6 games. i'd be surprised if any of them win 5 games to be honest. 

15 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

This schedule is pretty brutal... I think to get more than 3 wins we'll have to hope that some of the teams at the end are resting their players. 

I voted 3, with my guess that we get just one win over our western opponents and the last 2 games against resting Eastern Conference teams. Looks like SAS is our most winnable game on the schedule. That's rough. 

Every team is in the same boat. These are all playoff teams or teams that are fighting for a playoff spot. No easy games for anyone. 

Just now, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Every team is in the same boat. These are all playoff teams or teams that are fighting for a playoff spot. No easy games for anyone. 

Have you seen the Pelicans schedule? 

Jazz

Clippers

Grizz

Kings

Wizards

Spurs

Kings

Magic

Their schedule is a CAKEWALK compared to ours. Wizards AND Magic?

Still think they'll lose 3 of these, but they could easily win 7. 

29 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Jazz

Clippers

Grizz

Kings

Wizards

Spurs

Kings

Magic

But of they start slow and loose to us, everything changes. The truth is althought its difficult, we control our destiny.

36 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Jazz

Clippers

Grizz

Kings

Wizards

Spurs

Kings

Magic

Aww crap, I hit the wrong button and erased my reply

16 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

But of they start slow and loose to us, everything changes. The truth is althought its difficult, we control our destiny.

Yes, we definitely have control... but I think the Pels will be favored in every game they play except vs the Clippers. We are going to be underdogs in every game we play unless something happens at the end.

This is just a much harder road to the playoffs than what the Pels are going to have to go through. I think we'll get to the play-in games though. we'd have to lose quite a bit to not even get there. 

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, sounds like Tyus Jones is out for a week:

Kyle and Melton along with Ja and Dillon are probably the only perimeter guys I trust at this point.  With Tyus out Grayson or Konchar has to pick up some slack in our bench guard attack.  

4-4 we should follow up a good game after a lost just like last night vs the heat 

that should give the grizzlies a 8th seed vs new orleans with memphis winning one game 

Well a 1-3 lineup of Melton, Grayson, Josh does sound pretty fun. Super bouncy. All 3 of them are pretty decent playmakers as well, so we should be okay there. Not having Justise certainly hurts worse now. 

would love to see 5-3 who ever said 7/8 wins is living a DREAM

Tyus will be missed defensively and just a calm presence backing up Ja. I'm not sure how much he was doing (for an NBA player) during that hiatus.  His game didn't exactly look sharp, but maybe that has more to do with the injury.

It's easy to be disappointed until you remember that last year, Shelvin Mack was pulling a lot of minutes at PG.

I also expect quite a few injuries to develop over this week and the next two.