chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors - 8/9/20

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

You think not making will?

It avoids any more injuries at least. Why not just regroup and try and work on some improvements for whatever the league decides to do with the 20/21 season? We’ve already lost JJ to this summer league. 

3 minutes ago, GTG said:

You think getting crushed in the first round is an experience that’s going to help build their confidence?

What a horrible take

2 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

They are gonna get crushed if they make the POs next year as well. Yes it will be good experience.

If the choice is loose first round against lakers and not play.  How is that a tough choice ? 

1 minute ago, GTG said:

It avoids any more injuries at least. Why not just regroup and try and work on some improvements for whatever the league decides to do with the 20/21 season? We’ve already lost JJ to this summer league. 

Not wanting to make the playoffs to avoid injuries? Now I've heard it all. 

2 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

If the choice is loose first round against lakers and not play.  How is that a tough choice ? 

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? I want them to play the Lakers.

Just now, The J Crew said:

Not wanting to make the playoffs to avoid injuries? Now I've heard it all. 

The goal should be to win a championship, not just make the Playoffs. That’s been this franchise’s only goal for 20 years and nothing has come from it. Going into a post season where there’s no realistic chance to compete, but there is a reasonable chance at sustaining additional significant injuries that could impact next year. Focus on addressing the problems, staying healthy, and working towards a championship next year. 

7 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

For anyone wanting good news, Spurs beating the crap out of the Pels. 

Pels should just leave the bubble. They are getting hammered regularly. 

1 minute ago, GTG said:

The goal should be to win a championship, not just make the Playoffs. That’s been this franchise’s only goal for 20 years and nothing has come from it. Going into a post season where there’s no realistic chance to compete, but there is a reasonable chance at sustaining additional significant injuries that could impact next year. Focus on addressing the problems, staying healthy, and working towards a championship next year. 

So don’t make the POs this year and then expect them to win a championship next year without any PO experience?

1 minute ago, GTG said:

It would be an incredible achievement to end an incredible season for this team to make the playoffs. How are you the only one not to realize this?

1 minute ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Morant has been very bad today too

Also TOR an elite defensive team and easily developed a scheme to neutralize the only real scoring threats we have (Ja and JV). 

Just now, grizz1016 said:

So don’t make the POs this year and then expect them to win a championship next year without any PO experience?

There’s a better chance with a few adjustments. But risking a possible injury to someone like Ja could be devastating in the long term. It’s all strategic. 

51 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Gasol totally neutralizing JV.

Gasol neutralizing JV?  JV isn't getting any touches down low, and Dillon has no visibility of JV or any big man we have.  I've said it before, there isn't a shot that Brooks hasn't liked...embarrassing that he largely contributed to this loss...why doesn't jenkins sit him? I don't understand.

3 minutes ago, GTG said:

How many teams win championships without taking their licks in the playoffs?

Ive joked about for-fitting the bubble and just making it back home alive, but its jokes. Obviously i dont want our guys to get hurt, but big game experience is the goal of the bubble for us. Our first games in the bubble showed why we need this experience

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

How many teams win championships without taking their licks in the playoffs?

So the logic is just showing up in the Playoffs automatically makes you better? It’s not like a post season game is some magic event that if you just step out on the court you’re gifted immense improvements. 

Just now, BnaBreaker said:

I sincerely hope that by the time next season rolls around, Dillon Brooks and Kyle Anderson are wearing different jerseys. 

If FO truly wants to keep Melton and are invested in Justise and developing Grayson.   Then i see no reason to hang onto Dillon and Kyle either.  I'd rather use our draft picks to fill their roles. 

Just now, GTG said:

So the logic is just showing up in the Playoffs automatically makes you better? It’s not like a post season game is some magic event that if you just step out on the court you’re gifted immense improvements. 

NBA  Superstar vets have spoken for years on how valuable the PO experience was for their development.   Not following your logic at all. 

Just now, GTG said:

Surely you're arguing just to argue at this point, no?  Are you sincerely attempting to make the argument that the less big game experience a young player has, the better???  That it's better to sit out the playoffs instead of play in them if they're underdogs???  Are you hearing yourself?

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If FO truly wants to keep Melton and are invested in Justise and developing Grayson.   Then i see no reason to hang onto Dillon and Kyle either.  I'd rather use our draft picks to fill their roles. 

Agreed completely

1 minute ago, GTG said:

I know it's a difficult concept for you, but name just one NBA player, coach, or sportswriter who would agree with you.