chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors - 8/9/20

Toronto announcers implying the Grizzlies should have stayed/should move back to Vancouver.

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

What did he do?

Yeah, I must have missed it too.  He was in the rotation, and then at some point during the bubble, he was out of the rotation.  So are people saying he did something while in the bubble that lost him playing time??

Far be it from me to tell another Grizz fan what player to like, but maybe at least admit Josh is done here.

I recommend forgetting Josh was the #4 pick, and see him for what he is. He is James Ennis or Justin Holiday, but not as good as either. Josh doesn't shoot well - 32% from 3 this year in his "breakout" year, 30% for his career. Only 1.7 assists pg, he doesn't pass well either, under 1 assist to TO ratio for his career. An average at best defender, 113 Drtg for his career. He's good in transition, which is why he puts up good numbers in the G League, where he has an athleticism advantage. He's maybe a rotation player in this league, if he has a patient coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah, I must have missed it too.  He was in the rotation, and then at some point during the bubble, he was out of the rotation.  So are people saying he did something while in the bubble that lost him playing time??

Ikr

1 minute ago, GTG said:

Toronto announcers implying the Grizzlies should have stayed/should move back to Vancouver.

That just says Canada wants a second NBA Team.

Just now, The Stro Show said:

We get an offensive rebound and DB chucks it with 11 seconds 😂 Grayson open in the corner too

Did you see Grayson’s frustrated look when Dillon chucked that shot?

Who was the more selfish player? OJ Mayo back in the day or DB? Tough contest. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Boy Dillon looked off a wide open Dillon to take a contested 25 footer. 

He looked himself off to shoot the ball? Sounds like Dillon. 

Just now, GTG said:

Who was the more selfish player? OJ Mayo back in the day or DB? Tough contest. 

OJ could actually shoot tho.   Also he atleast was a Top 5 pick so expectations came with that.   

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Far be it from me to tell another Grizz fan what player to like, but maybe at least admit Josh is done here.

I recommend forgetting Josh was the #4 pick, and see him for what he is. He is James Ennis or Justin Holiday, but not as good as either. Josh doesn't shoot well - 32% from 3 this year in his "breakout" year, 30% for his career. Only 1.7 assists pg, he doesn't pass well either, under 1 assist to TO ratio for his career. An average at best defender, 113 Drtg for his career. He's good in transition, which is why he puts up good numbers in the G League, where he has an athleticism advantage. He's maybe a rotation player in this league, if he has a patient coaching staff. 

The only thing I'm saying Josh is, is a better option than Dillon right now for the very short term.  Nothing else is being implied. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

OJ could actually shoot tho.   Also he atleast was a Top 5 pick so expectations came with that.   

True. I just have some OJ flashbacks watching DB chuck up contested shots with plenty of time to shoot lolz 

Just now, BnaBreaker said:

The only thing I'm saying Josh is, is a better option than Dillon right now for the very short term.  Nothing else is being implied. 

100+    Yea no one is saying Josh is a solution or Grayson either.    Simply that its time to make a change and those are your only options.