chipc3

Winslow Injured Again. Out for the season.

Paper tiger, glass doll

I wanna root for this guy, but he has never lived up to expectations. 

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

If Slo Mo keeps shooting well from 3 do we consider trading Justise Winslow this off-season?  

What are we gonna get for a guy who is injured all the time?  A washing machine?  A rubber biscuit?

Is Kyle can *somehow* become like a league average 3 point shooter on not tiny volume, or even like only slightly below average, his net impact on the game suddenly becomes way more positive. 

But it's one scrimmage game so it's too early to over-react.

7 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

What are we gonna get for a guy who is injured all the time?  A washing machine?  A rubber biscuit?

Ok, ok, we can throw in a future second round pick and some cash.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

If Slo Mo keeps shooting well from 3 do we consider trading Justise Winslow this off-season?  

Nope,  but he will probably give us a Duke bench unit, could you imagine if we add Stanley and Carey Jr.

Tyus/Stanley/Allen/Winslow/Carey 

I would love to see that

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Nope,  but he will probably give us a Duke bench unit, could you imagine if we add Stanley and Carey Jr.

Tyus/Stanley/Allen/Winslow/Carey 

I would love to see that

I have Cassius Stanley really high in my internal big boards.  BUT, he is basically a 2 -- probably not long enough to play the 3.  

I have a sneaky obsession with all the Duke role player guys this year -- even Javin deLaurier and Jack White.  Both of those utility guys have solid advanced metrics overall for their supposed draft stock (basically 3rd round in Siberia).  

Not AS BIG on Vernon Carey, Jr. but I am not really high on any of the forward/big prospects this year outside of Deni/Wiseman (1/2 on my board), Achiuwa (top 3-5 pick upside in my book), and Aleksej Pokusevski (the Bol Bol of this draft???).

Vernon Carey, Jr. DID put up nice stats.  And, he would give us some JV-esque play off the bench.  

Finally, Tre Jones is one of my favorite guys in the draft too.  Either he or Malachi Flynn is my highest ranked "regular size" point guard in this draft (LaMelo and Haliburton are higher overall).

On 7/21/2020 at 3:45 PM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

You guys are wrong about not needing Winslow btw, he theoretically makes the team complete. 

Winslow is the physical matchup necessary against a LeBron potentially, Ingram, Gallo etc. Josh Jackson is too light for like LeBron in a 1st round matchup or even a small 4 in a small ball lineup. In theory Winslow's the guy that could guard all the wing players and let Brooks rest on defense but more of a outside threat than Anderson. Unfortunately, he is made out of glass until he proves otherwise.

Yea Winslow is the missing piece for sure.  Too bad his body doesn't know that.  Having him and DB on the wings makes it much easier to hide Ja on defense.    I too think that DB having to take on toughest assignments has taken a toll on his offensive output.     Josh jackson is really a SG with a SF height but i do think Winslow injury makes it even more likely JJ resigns for a 2yr PO type deal.   

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Not likely. We are talking about one exhibition game after all. Even if Kyle continues to shoot well (highly unlikely) the team still needs Winslow since Josh Jackson likely won’t be back. 

Kyle's form did look much improved. I hope it is a sign of things to come. He has all the other tools. Justise was essentially kyle with an average 3 and who was more athletic, but if Kyle can hit 3s, that makes him far more playable. Just one game though. 

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Not likely. We are talking about one exhibition game after all. Even if Kyle continues to shoot well (highly unlikely) the team still needs Winslow since Josh Jackson likely won’t be back. 

Its going to stink losing Jackson

19 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I'm not sure on Josh right now.  With the depressed salary cap, I could see him only getting near minimum offers, and if he might choose a 1+1 (Player option) type of contract somewhere.

If Josh stays in top 10, and Grayson and Konchar stay glued to the bench, I think that could either be an indicator that Josh MIGHT be part of a future roster, Grayson is either injured or not good, or both.

He needs to play better though during this bubble season, or he won't have a great off-season.

I'd like to have Josh back and think the salary cap situation may work out for the Grizz to keep him, but we'll see.  Feel the same about Melton.

At some point you do worry about having too many role players who are either below average or low volume shooters, or both, , but if you keep enough guys around that can play at a reasonable price, trades will be possible.

16 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I'm not sure on Josh right now.  With the depressed salary cap, I could see him only getting near minimum offers, and if he might choose a 1+1 (Player option) type of contract somewhere.

If Josh stays in top 10, and Grayson and Konchar stay glued to the bench, I think that could either be an indicator that Josh MIGHT be part of a future roster, Grayson is either injured or not good, or both.

He needs to play better though during this bubble season, or he won't have a great off-season.

josh being up right now isn't an indictment on grayson's play IMO.  grayson's hip injury just gave other guys opportunities to step up, and to their credit they did.  grayson was playing like a very solid role player/microwave scorer from late november up until his injury.  he is clearly an nba rotation player imo, injuries and team depth have slowed him down both in utah and memphis.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:14 AM, grizz09 said:

josh being up right now isn't an indictment on grayson's play IMO.  grayson's hip injury just gave other guys opportunities to step up, and to their credit they did.  grayson was playing like a very solid role player/microwave scorer from late november up until his injury.  he is clearly an nba rotation player imo, injuries and team depth have slowed him down both in utah and memphis.

100% correct. He was doing pretty good. Just a lot of bad luck. 

On 7/24/2020 at 6:10 PM, ALT GRIND said:

I have Cassius Stanley really high in my internal big boards.  BUT, he is basically a 2 -- probably not long enough to play the 3.  

I have a sneaky obsession with all the Duke role player guys this year -- even Javin deLaurier and Jack White.  Both of those utility guys have solid advanced metrics overall for their supposed draft stock (basically 3rd round in Siberia).  

Not AS BIG on Vernon Carey, Jr. but I am not really high on any of the forward/big prospects this year outside of Deni/Wiseman (1/2 on my board), Achiuwa (top 3-5 pick upside in my book), and Aleksej Pokusevski (the Bol Bol of this draft???).

Vernon Carey, Jr. DID put up nice stats.  And, he would give us some JV-esque play off the bench.  

Finally, Tre Jones is one of my favorite guys in the draft too.  Either he or Malachi Flynn is my highest ranked "regular size" point guard in this draft (LaMelo and Haliburton are higher overall).

I would love to see Saben Lee get a look as an UDFA.  He's a very long 6-3 kind of guard, very athletic.

20 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

I would love to see Saben Lee get a look as an UDFA.  He's a very long 6-3 kind of guard, very athletic.

From Vandy?  He's under the radar but worth a look.  I think he can shoot, and if so we should look at EVERY shooter in that 40ish/late second round range.  MORE if we are considering moving up.