Ole Dirty Klondike

NBA League Pass/Grizz on NBA Restart on NBATV

These no good basswipes got rid of the single team option. I'm assuming it's only for the remainder of this season, I guess i have to purchase teh entire package. It's reasonable though Anybody else getting League Pass? i think they are showing all games (scrimmages, 8 game season) $30 ain't bad to watch all teams for all games. i MEAN, i'd pay anything for some entertainment right now.

https://www.nba.com/watch/pricing

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

These no good basswipes got rid of the single team option. I'm assuming it's only for the remainder of this season, I guess i have to purchase teh entire package. It's reasonable though Anybody else getting League Pass? i think they are showing all games (scrimmages, 8 game season) $30 ain't bad to watch all teams for all games. i MEAN, i'd pay anything for some entertainment right now.

Yeah that's pretty much the only deal. Dont forget to add NBA TV if you want to watch those games. My cable doesn't have NBA TV so I signed up for NBA TV as well so I can watch the Grizz first official game

15 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

If we had already paid for the single team option back in November, what happens?

14 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Yeah that's pretty much the only deal. Dont forget to add NBA TV if you want to watch those games. My cable doesn't have NBA TV so I signed up for NBA TV as well so I can watch the Grizz first official game

Yup, I have NBATV through YouTubeTV

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

If we had already paid for the single team option back in November, what happens?

I think the subscription is just over.I think you were only billed the pro-rated amount through 65 games or whatever it was. I got an email saying "hey buddy, thanks for paying for that single team option but now to watch the rest of the games these are your only options" So i just doled out the $30 for the LP for every team. That's why i called them a bunch of basswipes. 

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yup, I have NBATV through YouTubeTV

I think the subscription is just over.I think you were only billed the pro-rated amount through 65 games or whatever it was. I got an email saying "hey buddy, thanks for paying for that single team option but now to watch the rest of the games these are your only options" So i just doled out the $30 for the LP for every team. That's why i called them a bunch of basswipes. 

Wow, that's freaking insane. I paid upfront, so I certainly didn't receive any sort of pro-rated refund (I'll have to double-check). 

Absolutely ridiculous that you'd be charged for an 82-game package, only get 65 games, then that same provider would have the audacity to sell you 8 games (not even the remaining 17 games) for an additional amount.

I'm going to look into this and try to raise a stink. Probably leads to nothing, but will report back.

4 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

I paid all upfront and seems I have access to the  restart without having to pay anything else 

Yeah, it looks like that's the default  https://help.nba.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/163

I purchased a League Pass subscription earlier this season. Will I get access when play resumes or do I need to repurchase?

• If you previously purchased a League Pass or League Pass Premium subscription for 2019-2020 season you do not need to purchase again when play resumes. Your League Pass account will remain active through the conclusion of the season.

Viking - are you seeing anything directly in your account that states this?

I got the NBA League Pass (single team option) at the beginning of the season. I just logged into my account no problem. I tried playing a game from back in March. It works fine. There are no messages saying anything about having to pay any new fees. Also, I have not received an email saying I have to pay extra.

Three days to go ... Go Grizzlies.

37 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

I paid all upfront and seems I have access to the  restart without having to pay anything else 

Did you pay for all teams or just for one team?

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Yeah, it looks like that's the default  https://help.nba.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/163

I purchased a League Pass subscription earlier this season. Will I get access when play resumes or do I need to repurchase?

• If you previously purchased a League Pass or League Pass Premium subscription for 2019-2020 season you do not need to purchase again when play resumes. Your League Pass account will remain active through the conclusion of the season.

Viking - are you seeing anything directly in your account that states this?

This is what it says about the team only:

I already have a Team Pass subscription and my team is not playing in Orlando. What can I watch instead?

• Existing Team Pass subscribers for teams not playing in Orlando can contact customer support at the link below to change teams at no cost.

Here's the email that the sent me, maybe I misinterpreted it. It sounds like i should contact customer service. I'll do that and see what happens:

Dear League Pass Fan,

The NBA finalized a comprehensive plan for a July 30 restart to the 2019-20 season, which includes 22 teams returning to play at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida.

We hope you are as excited as we are for the return of live games, plus a set of new features and enhancements taking you closer to the game than ever before!

If you would like to switch your Team Pass selection please contact customer support by email at nba-leaguepass@turner.com or click here to submit a ticket.

The countdown is on.

Sincerely,

The League Pass Team

@Ole Dirty Klondike, yeah the FAQ is vague. I got the Team Only option as well, and my interpretation is that if they'd give the option for someone who got the (example) Phoenix team subscription to switch to another team, then as Grizzlies team subscribers we'd just continue to get the Grizzlies games.

We'll see what actually happens to our accounts tomorrow when the scrimmages start. Seems insane we wouldn't get what we originally paid for, so I'll hold off on throwing a fit until we see how it plays out.

i.m pretty sure the N,B,A channel will have there full of games

You got a laptop and HDMI cable? I went for 2 seasons watching bootleg streams only because of how ****** the league pass setup was and i definitely wasnt paying for cable. 

The bootleg streams are often better quality than anything the NBA puts out with league pass. 

2 hours ago, Zappastache said:

You got a laptop and HDMI cable? I went for 2 seasons watching bootleg streams only because of how ****** the league pass setup was and i definitely wasnt paying for cable. 

The bootleg streams are often better quality than anything the NBA puts out with league pass. 

I've had LP and chosen the bootleg streams because it is so much easier and quicker to access.

I was going to go the whole season on bootleg streams this year because I didn't think it was worth it to get a streaming service because I was thinking it would be a bad year, but then Ja happened.

Even when I had a streaming service or cable, I've used the bootleg option when staying at hotels in the Memphis regional area because the hotels tv service might not carry the game and the bootleg service is better than any other online option.

grizz org gives me league pass ( only online) free each year being a season ticket holder. This better not mess with that .Either way, there will be streams available.I have no problem with me or anyone else sailing the seven seas. I suggest going to https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/

Read current posts, search the sub reddit, or post a thread asking about them. they also have sidebar links to similar kind of subreddits and im sure there are some aimed specifically for live television

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

What was that about?

There was no new information. I hadn't watched any of the Restarts so I didn't know what to expect. It was just a 30 minute recap of the Grizz season so far-slow start, Ja's emergence, go on winning streak & become a playoff contender, Winslow trade, Iggy drama, injuries, top plays/highlights, etc