Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Utah Jazz - 8/5/20

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, August 5, 1:30 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Utah Jazz

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Jaren Jackson Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203937.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Jazz Starting 5

Mike Conley Donovan Mitchell Bojan Bogdonovic Royce O'Neale Rudy Gobert
201144.png 1628378.png 202711.png 1626220.png 203497.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Brandon Clarke, Giorgui Dieng, Marco Guduric, Josh Jackson, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2), De'Anthony Melton, Johntay Porter, Anthony Tolliver, Yuta Watanabe (2), Justise Winslow (INJ)

Utah Jazz: Tony Bradley, Jarrell Brantley, Jordan Clarkson, Ed Davis, Joe Ingles, Juwan Morgan, Emmanuel Mudiay, Georges Niang, Miye Oni, Rayjon Tucker, Nigel Williams-Goss, Justin Wright Foreman

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Jazz: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

the 0-2 Jazz look lost  

Since we keep losing, then we need our pursuers to lose too.

Last night the Spurs lose to the Sixers by 2. Today, the Mavs beat the Kings in OT. So far, so good.

5 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Since we keep losing, then we need our pursuers to lose too.

Last night the Spurs lose to the Sixers by 2. Today, the Mavs beat the Kings in OT. So far, so good.

I'm afraid it's a lost cause now with JJJ out. The team fought hard all year, but no Winslow, no Tyus, no JJJ too much to overcome. The bubble was supposed to be an opportunity for our guys to get healthy, but we ended up with injuries nonetheless.

Crazier things in this league have happened in this league than a Grizzlies upset tomorrow.

I don't expect it, but hey, who expected to be watching NBA basketball in August while it has been in 70s and 80s in Memphis?

I'm just going to try to appreciate the fact I get to watch the Grizzlies play meaningful basketball this extremely long season.  I'll try to put a smile on my face that will probably turn straight when Dillon launches his first ill advised shot, and then turn to a frown by mid way through the 1st quarter over another Brooks clanger, but I'll try to still tell myself, "This is still better than no sports"

On 8/1/2020 at 9:18 PM, lions said:

the 0-2 Jazz look lost  

the 0-3 Grizzlies look BAD 

8 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Crazier things in this league have happened in this league than a Grizzlies upset tomorrow.

I don't expect it, but hey, who expected to be watching NBA basketball in August while it has been in 70s and 80s in Memphis?

I'm just going to try to appreciate the fact I get to watch the Grizzlies play meaningful basketball this extremely long season.  I'll try to put a smile on my face that will probably turn straight when Dillon launches his first ill advised shot, and then turn to a frown by mid way through the 1st quarter over another Brooks clanger, but I'll try to still tell myself, "This is still better than no sports"

Amen. I keep telling myself "at least it's just a torn meniscus and not an ACL tear". If we can avoid any more injuries and get everyone healthy for next season (...whenever that may be), I still view this season as a resounding success.

Let's use these next 5 games to experiment and get ready for the future. Maybe we can answer the following questions:

-Is Grayson a viable starting 2?

-Is Josh Jackson worth keeping?

-How does Dieng fit into the big man rotation?

-Where/how is Kyle most effective?

image.gif.1c00559a233b55c2acdfbf27513893f7.gif

To that end a starting unit of Ja/Grayson/DB/Anderson/JV  with Melton, Jackson, Clarke and your pick of Dieng/Tolliver cycling off the bench would be worth a try.

2 minutes ago, WKM said:

image.gif.1c00559a233b55c2acdfbf27513893f7.gif

To that end a starting unit of Ja/Grayson/DB/Anderson/JV  with Melton, Jackson, Clarke and your pick of Dieng/Tolliver cycling off the bench would be worth a try.

This is what I hope Taylor tries today. Don't think he will, but wish he would. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

This is what I hope Taylor tries today. Don't think he will, but wish he would. 

Agree I think he'll likely stay with the same line up just replacing Jaren with Clarke or maybe Tolliver.

Fingers crossed. Go Grizzlies.

JV, this would be a good game to set new career high points and rebounds. Ja, this would be a good game to play like the ROTY that you are. BC, this would be a good game for you to shine, like the Summer League MVP that you are. Dillon, play smart or I'll be seeing you out behind the woodshed after the game. Mr. Do Something ... do something. Kyle, hit some 3's will ya. Grayson, keep on truckin'. Josh, let's see you play for a new contract. Rest of the guys, do the best you can. We need to turn this ship around, even without Jaren. 

1 minute ago, I❤️JV said:

Will we win today?....as long as JV is on a floor in the end....YES WE WILL....WIN TONIGHT....BOOK IT...

He will be in at the end today, unless he fouls out again.