gfaulk09

I’m saying it.. The NBA is rigged..

Recommended Posts

I’ve been against this thought for a while. I do believe it only takes a couple of calls to make a game go left vs right. But with the NBA restarting.. I just don’t see how we think we have a chance this season. The NBA LITERALLY came up with the play-in rule so the Pelicans can have a chance. Gave the pelicans the easiest schedule..AND let them end against the Magic instead of one of the teams who are fighting for positions! And we get the BUCKS?? Come on bro.. it’s so blatant. The media doesn’t want us their, the nba doesn’t want us there Theirs no ifs ands or buts about it.  Prepare for some horrible calls. We will lose both play-in games. The first one is by blowout due to bad calls and the second one with Morant going off, but losing by single digits late..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfaulk09 said:

I’ve been against this thought for a while. I do believe it only takes a couple of calls to make a game go left vs right. But with the NBA restarting.. I just don’t see how we think we have a chance this season. The NBA LITERALLY came up with the play-in rule so the Pelicans can have a chance. Gave the pelicans the easiest schedule..AND let them end against the Magic instead of one of the teams who are fighting for positions! And we get the BUCKS?? Come on bro.. it’s so blatant. The media doesn’t want us their, the nba doesn’t want us there Theirs no ifs ands or buts about it.  Prepare for some horrible calls. We will lose both play-in games. The first one is by blowout due to bad calls and the second one with Morant going off, but losing by single digits late..

I have no doubt that the refs will be gunning for us to some degree... I mean, when have they not over the past ten seasons?  But the scheduling bit is nothing nefarious.  The eight games being played by each team are simply the next eight games against teams in the bubble that were on each team's normal schedule.  The Pelicans have an easy bubble schedule because the first part of their regular schedule was the hardest in the league.  The inverse, unfortunately, is true for us.  But nobody making the schedule for this season could have seen this scenario coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think its fixed but they really do hate us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People thinking top teams will sit players are grasping at straws. 

Top players need to sit only to recuperate from a tough 82 game schedule in preparation for the playoffs. 

In this freak season, if anything players need more competitive games to gear up into top shape and sharpness for the playoffs. The top teams will be playing all their best players all eight games to work them to peak condition for the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

People thinking top teams will sit players are grasping at straws. 

Top players need to sit only to recuperate from a tough 82 game schedule in preparation for the playoffs. 

In this freak season, if anything players need more competitive games to gear up into top shape and sharpness for the playoffs. The top teams will be playing all their best players all eight games to work them to peak condition for the playoffs. 

I tend to agree unless they think risk of injury is a factor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pelicans got the easiest schedule... because they had the easiest schedule.  I can't believe folks mad at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ... the Grizzlies will have to earn it.  Play well or go home.  It's all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

People thinking top teams will sit players are grasping at straws. 

Top players need to sit only to recuperate from a tough 82 game schedule in preparation for the playoffs. 

In this freak season, if anything players need more competitive games to gear up into top shape and sharpness for the playoffs. The top teams will be playing all their best players all eight games to work them to peak condition for the playoffs. 

Wrong. Top players don't need to get injured playing a desperate team in a meaningless game for seeding. They will all be sitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Wrong. Top players don't need to get injured playing a desperate team in a meaningless game for seeding. They will all be sitting.

 

You obviously don't understand the psychology of competitive sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

 

You obviously don't understand the psychology of competitive sports. 

Yeah I think in this special scenario they will be using the 8 games to get into postseason form.  They also need to get acclimated to playing with no fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

People thinking top teams will sit players are grasping at straws. 

Top players need to sit only to recuperate from a tough 82 game schedule in preparation for the playoffs. 

In this freak season, if anything players need more competitive games to gear up into top shape and sharpness for the playoffs. The top teams will be playing all their best players all eight games to work them to peak condition for the playoffs. 

They will absolutely be playing their top players, but top seeded teams are more likely to run 12-deep or even longer rotations in the regular season games. So it's not that LBJ and AD won't play, but rather that they won't be playing 30+ minutes a night and definitely won't be risking injury playing extended minutes in order to close a meaningless (for them) non-playoff game. I doubt it'll matter anyway, but I could see the occasional upset if a team trying to get to the 8th seed is willing to play a very physical game against a top seed. 

On the other hand, some teams in the West are going to be mathematically out of contention pretty quick and I suspect they will go into summer league mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pjs said:

Well ... the Grizzlies will have to earn it.  Play well or go home.  It's all good.

This.

 I’m with you all the way.

We have never been gifted anything.

Why expect anything different now?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dwash said:

The Pelicans got the easiest schedule... because they had the easiest schedule.  I can't believe folks mad at that. 

From my understanding ( I haven't double checked), the Pels remaining schedule is slightly harder than it would have been if they played the season out and the Grizz's schedule is slightly easier than it would have been. Yes the Pels have the easiest schedule and the Grizz have one of the hardest but  8 teams are missing. Teams that are doormats. The Pels can't play those teams and rack up easy victories like they would have if the season continued.

There's no conspiracy but obviously the NBA wants a Zion-LeBron matchup in the 1st round. All the Grizz have to do is take care of business and they will prevent that from happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

There's no conspiracy but obviously the NBA wants a Zion-LeBron matchup in the 1st round. All the Grizz have to do is take care of business and they will prevent that from happening.

I think the league might want that Grizzlies-Pelicans play-in game (games).

I wonder if the LEAGUE is backing the right horse.  Personally, I would pick Ja over Zion but that's just me.

The "league" at this point might want Lakers over the Bucks for the title.  Then a Greek Freak "decision" in the off-season.  Maybe they can get him in South Beach.  

I would like to see the league office's mock draft.  Then I would fill out my big board in reverse order (only joking. kinda).

The Bubble is its OWN story.  I don't think the NBA should try to put its thumb on the scale or anything.  The story lines should be able to write themselves.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is out to get the Grizzlies. A conspiracy like this would involve too many people and could never be kept quiet. Calm down and enjoy the NBA again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oldmanGrizz said:

No one is out to get the Grizzlies. A conspiracy like this would involve too many people and could never be kept quiet. Calm down and enjoy the NBA again.

That's what they said too about the Kings-Lakers western conference finals and the mavericks-heat finals in 2006 and guess what, it turns out the refs WERE out to get a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

That's what they said too about the Kings-Lakers western conference finals and the mavericks-heat finals in 2006 and guess what, it turns out the refs WERE out to get a team.

The kings lakers one got me suspicious,  not gonna lie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 6:13 PM, grizz09 said:

good chance against the bucks if top players sit for them

That's what I'm hoping. Knock the rust off then let them sit during the last game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

From my understanding ( I haven't double checked), the Pels remaining schedule is slightly harder than it would have been if they played the season out and the Grizz's schedule is slightly easier than it would have been. Yes the Pels have the easiest schedule and the Grizz have one of the hardest but  8 teams are missing. Teams that are doormats. The Pels can't play those teams and rack up easy victories like they would have if the season continued.

There's no conspiracy but obviously the NBA wants a Zion-LeBron matchup in the 1st round. All the Grizz have to do is take care of business and they will prevent that from happening.

Where can I find the old schedule? Don't see it anywhere. 

I do remember that the Grizzlies had 17 games left, 16 against playoff teams or teams trying to take their spot.  Only bottom 8 team was the Knicks. 

Pelicans had several games against bottom 8 teams.  It's possible that almost all of their omitted games were bottom 8 games. The schedule was just that soft. This schedule was likely done so that Zion would look like a beast down the stretch and win Roy.  So in a way I see the NBA trying to rig something as backfiring on them because if they had evened out the schedules then maybe the Pelicans would be closer right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Subliminal said:

The kings lakers one got me suspicious,  not gonna lie

I mean, that one obviously was rigged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only thing that seems funky about these 8 games is that our only b2b's second night just happens to fall on the day we play the pels. Everything else seems pretty fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Where can I find the old schedule? Don't see it anywhere. 

I do remember that the Grizzlies had 17 games left, 16 against playoff teams or teams trying to take their spot.  Only bottom 8 team was the Knicks. 

Pelicans had several games against bottom 8 teams.  It's possible that almost all of their omitted games were bottom 8 games. The schedule was just that soft. This schedule was likely done so that Zion would look like a beast down the stretch and win Roy.  So in a way I see the NBA trying to rig something as backfiring on them because if they had evened out the schedules then maybe the Pelicans would be closer right now. 

Last 17 Griz games:

POR, UTA, SAS, OKC, MIL, NOP, NOP, BOS, TOR, TOR, NYK, DAL, POR, DEN, OKC, PHI, HOU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now