chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Philadelphia 76ers - July 24

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

Just checked Grizzlies.com again. Audio and video are good.

I had to hard boot the TV.  Now that the game is over, the sound works.  It was a set I haven't used in a while.  Put it on YouTube and watching/listening to Pink Floyd doing "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" now.

Did any of you buy a Sharp Aquos from the early days of "smart" TV's?  Dazzling picture quality but quite a lemon in other regards.  The "web browser" in it is a total joke.  Completely crapped out.  

If Kyle's 3 point improvement and higher volume turn out to actually be a real trend that is consistent over time, I'll be thrilled.

1 minute ago, bhoyal said:

I had to hard boot the TV.  Now that the game is over, the sound works.  It was a set I haven't used in a while.  Put it on YouTube and watching/listening to Pink Floyd doing "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" now.

Did any of you buy a Sharp Aquos from the early days of "smart" TV's?  Dazzling picture quality but quite a lemon in other regards.  The "web browser" in it is a total joke.  Completely crapped out.  

One of my favorite PF songs.

Saw the Aquos. Was tempted to buy it but held off until smart tv's got, er, smarter. Ended up buying a high end Samsung 55" 4K a few years ago ... no regrets.

Just caught highlights. Feels good to see the Grizz in action again, feels good to see basketball in action again.

Can't take anything away from this game except atleast the team has some fight in em. They're not gonna give up 8th seed without a fight for sure. Clearly Philly is the better team of course. Relieving Simmons of ball handlin duties is gonna help his game in the long run. He's always been a power forward playing point and not the other way around. I dont know if they can catch Boston but I bet they can get to 4th seed over Miami/Indy.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

I was just thinking that.  If we still had some guys who were on our roster earlier in the year (and actually wanted to play) we would be super stacked with Crowder, as well as Iggy and Dwight Howard.

Could you imagine? 

Ja/Tyus

Dillon/Melton/Josh/Allen/Konchar

Crowder/Iggy/SlowMo/Yuta

Jaren/Clarke/Solo/Porter

JV/Dwight

Would that be the roster? Really scary. 

I will route against Philly, but they are good.

Milton/Neto

Richardson/Thybulle/Burks

Harris/Korkmaz/GRIII

Simmons/Scott

Embiid/Hortford/Pelle/Oquin

Bench (which is 2nd best in the league) was terrible today. I don't expect that to continue. Kyle played better than I expected. 

oh wow didn't even realize this was on today.  Youtube highlights look interesting.  I think the guys will prob be a .500 team and eeck into the playoffs.   

Ja, Jaren and Dillon went 9-33 from the floor. We aren’t going to win many games if those guys don’t shoot better.

I found it interesting, but not surprising, that Jenkins only went 10 players deep. I truly believe that is the number of players he’ll use over the 8 games barring some blowout game. 

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Ja, Jaren and Dillon went 9-33 from the floor. We aren’t going to win many games if those guys don’t shoot better.

Josh and Tyus had zero points, which didn't help. Shooting and chemistry was visibly off. But I think they will be back to their old selves by the time the seeding games start. Shocker:  Kyle was 4 of 5 from three.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

oh wow didn't even realize this was on today.  Youtube highlights look interesting.  I think the guys will prob be a .500 team and eeck into the playoffs.   

May need to remove the Hall of Fame tag and replace with 2nd Team.

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I found it interesting, but not surprising, that Jenkins only went 10 players deep. I truly believe that is the number of players he’ll use over the 8 games barring some blowout game. 

I agree but we’ll know better next game. Hard to bring the deep bench with just 40 minutes to play, and by gosh do the guys who played yesterday need the reps.

13 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I wish Crowder and Solo would still be part of the team, I would be way more confortable with our chances

Me too. I miss Crowder. I liked him. May have missed some shots but I liked him a lot. 

good second half, but philly clearly took their foot off the gas and played their deep deep bench for alot of the 2nd half while jenkins kept regular rotation/starters in.  if they played their regular rotation they would've blown the grizz out.

6 hours ago, grizz09 said:

good second half, but philly clearly took their foot off the gas and played their deep deep bench for alot of the 2nd half while jenkins kept regular rotation/starters in.  if they played their regular rotation they would've blown the grizz out.

Didn’t watch the game but it seems like Ben Simmons is a man on a mission.  The Sixers are a legit threat.  Could be a real game changer in Philly if Matisse Thybulle starts.  Looking at their roster I don’t see many knock-down shooters which is what I thought would be needed next to the Simmons/Embiid duo.  

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Didn’t watch the game but it seems like Ben Simmons is a man on a mission.  The Sixers are a legit threat.  Could be a real game changer in Philly if Matisse Thybulle starts.  Looking at their roster I don’t see many knock-down shooters which is what I thought would be needed next to the Simmons/Embiid duo.  

I'm not sure how good they shot yesterday, but all the other guys besides Simmons can hit from 3 at a decent %, including Embiid if left open.  They will have a great series with Boston in that first round. If that is who they end up with but they are easily in that 4-5-6 matchup.  Wouldn't mind a whole series of them vs. Jimmy Butler and the Heat.

I don't know if Embiid will hold up for the Orlando time, but if there ever was a season he might do it, it would be the one with a 4 month break.

On 7/25/2020 at 3:55 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

I'm not sure how good they shot yesterday, but all the other guys besides Simmons can hit from 3 at a decent %, including Embiid if left open.  They will have a great series with Boston in that first round. If that is who they end up with but they are easily in that 4-5-6 matchup.  Wouldn't mind a whole series of them vs. Jimmy Butler and the Heat.

I don't know if Embiid will hold up for the Orlando time, but if there ever was a season he might do it, it would be the one with a 4 month break.

I think I am with you.  Philly has two major league pieces then some other guys like Shake Milton, along with Al Horford and Matisse Thybulle off the bench. Forgot about Tobias Harris.  Apropos. 

Wouldn’t be shocked to see another Lakers/Sixers Finals — a sneaky good Finals rivalry historically but potentially the first since 2001. 

Miami might not have the top-line talent but they have a bunch of really good players who fit. Plus those tasty Miami Vice Alternate Unis. Perfect for Bizarro Bubble World.