Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I need you next season to help me on yahoo 

Draft the best players.

Draft well or bust.

Depending on where you pick first, find a dominant strategy.

The keys to winning fantasy basketball shifts a bit from one season to the next.  

Sometimes you gotta go "all in" on the young guys.  You also need to get the next Greek Freak or Jokic -- when guys like that really break out.

Ja and Zion should be good bets.  But both could be early first rounders.  Guys in this upcoming draft could end up being underrated.  Wiseman/Edwards/Deni/LaMelo could be underrated.  A solid dominant strategy could be to load up on these guys, but maybe more in the middle/late rounds.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Draft the best players.

Draft well or bust.

Depending on where you pick first, find a dominant strategy.

The keys to winning fantasy basketball shifts a bit from one season to the next.  

Sometimes you gotta go "all in" on the young guys.  You also need to get the next Greek Freak or Jokic -- when guys like that really break out.

Ja and Zion should be good bets.  But both could be early first rounders.  Guys in this upcoming draft could end up being underrated.  Wiseman/Edwards/Deni/LaMelo could be underrated.  A solid dominant strategy could be to load up on these guys, but maybe more in the middle/late rounds.  

 

I'll keep it in mind this next season. I also will hit you up grind. I need a fantasy basketball title win in a yahoo pro league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I'll keep it in mind this next season. I also will hit you up grind. I need a fantasy basketball title win in a yahoo pro league

I actually won the past two years in leagues where you set lineups just once a week.

Old rules I finished 2nd in 2016 (plus I was 6 in another league this year), wins in 2011 and 2013 and another 3rd place finish (I think, in another year).  

Fantasy football drafts help fantasy basketball, especially in weekly adjustment leagues.

Fantasy baseball is a different beast unto itself but super fun.  I actually peaked in my first attempt (that 2nd place finish in 2016) then I went to third or so the next season and fell off the map last year (both leagues).  I drafted two teams this year with a Moneyball approach, so let's see what happens.  A 60 game MLB season should be incredibly fun, especially for fantasy baseball.

My one attempt at a fantasy hockey league (an AUCTION LEAGUE no less)?  ALL TIME BAD.  Still haunts me....

My 2019 (weekly roster adjustments league with total RAW POINTS a la fantasy football) Yahoo Fantasy Basketball draft:

Round 1, pick 5: Greek Freak

Round 2, pick 6: Luka Doncic

Round 3, pick 5: Zion Williamson

Round 4, pick 6: Jaren

Round 5, pick 5: Ja Morant

Round 6, pick 6: Zach LaVine

Round 7, pick 5: RJ Barrett

Round 8, pick 6: Lonzo Ball

Round 9, pick 5: Jarrett Allen

Round 10, pick 6: Mo Bamba

Round 11, pick 5: Collin Sexton

Round 12, pick 6: Jaylen Brown

Round 13, pick 5: Tyler Herro

... ok, not saying I ran the table -- but I basically had the best fantasy basketball drafts EVER.  In... my... humble... opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I won the Grizz board fantasy league @BnaBreaker arranged in like 2014 or something 😛🥇

That’s cool.  Congrats.  Maybe we can get a Grizz message board fantasy basketball league going next year.  I am already crunching the numbers and focusing hard for my own personal fantasy basketball 3peat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped participating in the Board League after three-peating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

That’s cool.  Congrats.  Maybe we can get a Grizz message board fantasy basketball league going next year.  I am already crunching the numbers and focusing hard for my own personal fantasy basketball 3peat.

If we can get a Grizz message board fantasy basketball league going next year ...count me in..So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I actually won the past two years in leagues where you set lineups just once a week.

Old rules I finished 2nd in 2016 (plus I was 6 in another league this year), wins in 2011 and 2013 and another 3rd place finish (I think, in another year).  

Fantasy football drafts help fantasy basketball, especially in weekly adjustment leagues.

Fantasy baseball is a different beast unto itself but super fun.  I actually peaked in my first attempt (that 2nd place finish in 2016) then I went to third or so the next season and fell off the map last year (both leagues).  I drafted two teams this year with a Moneyball approach, so let's see what happens.  A 60 game MLB season should be incredibly fun, especially for fantasy baseball.

My one attempt at a fantasy hockey league (an AUCTION LEAGUE no less)?  ALL TIME BAD.  Still haunts me....

My 2019 (weekly roster adjustments league with total RAW POINTS a la fantasy football) Yahoo Fantasy Basketball draft:

Round 1, pick 5: Greek Freak

Round 2, pick 6: Luka Doncic

Round 3, pick 5: Zion Williamson

Round 4, pick 6: Jaren

Round 5, pick 5: Ja Morant

Round 6, pick 6: Zach LaVine

Round 7, pick 5: RJ Barrett

Round 8, pick 6: Lonzo Ball

Round 9, pick 5: Jarrett Allen

Round 10, pick 6: Mo Bamba

Round 11, pick 5: Collin Sexton

Round 12, pick 6: Jaylen Brown

Round 13, pick 5: Tyler Herro

... ok, not saying I ran the table -- but I basically had the best fantasy basketball drafts EVER.  In... my... humble... opinion.

Any league that had Luke’s falling to the 6th pick of the second round pick is not a very intelligent league. Of course letting the Greek Fresk fall to 5th raises eyebrows as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Any league that had Luke’s falling to the 6th pick of the second round pick is not a very intelligent league. Of course letting the Greek Fresk fall to 5th raises eyebrows as well.

yeah, I knew a few people in it and there were some auto-drafts.

Doubt I get that lucky next year -- if ever.

Next year, I will probably have to overdraft those guys -- I can see Greek Freak, Luka, probably Zion and maybe even Ja Morant ALL being top 10 picks in the first round.  So... good luck getting even two of those guys.  Could miss out on all four.  

I guess the "youth movement" paid off.  I will try the same strategy next season too.

I can see myself taking another shot at Jaren after the first couple of rounds (if he is there), then focusing on rookies in rounds 3-5.  

When I won my first fantasy basketball league in 2011 I just loaded up on bigs: AD, Drummond, Cousins, and a few others I thought, plus guards who didn't do a ton of damage aka Brad Beal (although he didn't shoot well), and Mike Conley who has just always been really, really solid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There used to be a fantasy league made up of posters on the message board. We should do that again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

There used to be a fantasy league made up of posters on the message board. We should do that again. 

Sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 8:18 PM, ALT GRIND said:

That’s cool.  Congrats.  Maybe we can get a Grizz message board fantasy basketball league going next year.  I am already crunching the numbers and focusing hard for my own personal fantasy basketball 3peat.

 

On 7/9/2020 at 10:52 PM, Wells said:

I stopped participating in the Board League after three-peating.

 

9 hours ago, chipc3 said:

There used to be a fantasy league made up of posters on the message board. We should do that again. 

Yeah where were you at? I liked the format where you changed players out every day. Man trying to remember my workhorses that year. I believe my first pick was Kobe and I had Aldridge and Serge Ibaka was huge for me. Made watching every game fun with your fantasy browser chilling on the side w the laptop frantically switching between games on directv league pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 5:37 PM, ALT GRIND said:

I actually won the past two years in leagues where you set lineups just once a week.

Old rules I finished 2nd in 2016 (plus I was 6 in another league this year), wins in 2011 and 2013 and another 3rd place finish (I think, in another year).  

Fantasy football drafts help fantasy basketball, especially in weekly adjustment leagues.

Fantasy baseball is a different beast unto itself but super fun.  I actually peaked in my first attempt (that 2nd place finish in 2016) then I went to third or so the next season and fell off the map last year (both leagues).  I drafted two teams this year with a Moneyball approach, so let's see what happens.  A 60 game MLB season should be incredibly fun, especially for fantasy baseball.

My one attempt at a fantasy hockey league (an AUCTION LEAGUE no less)?  ALL TIME BAD.  Still haunts me....

My 2019 (weekly roster adjustments league with total RAW POINTS a la fantasy football) Yahoo Fantasy Basketball draft:

Round 1, pick 5: Greek Freak

Round 2, pick 6: Luka Doncic

Round 3, pick 5: Zion Williamson

Round 4, pick 6: Jaren

Round 5, pick 5: Ja Morant

Round 6, pick 6: Zach LaVine

Round 7, pick 5: RJ Barrett

Round 8, pick 6: Lonzo Ball

Round 9, pick 5: Jarrett Allen

Round 10, pick 6: Mo Bamba

Round 11, pick 5: Collin Sexton

Round 12, pick 6: Jaylen Brown

Round 13, pick 5: Tyler Herro

... ok, not saying I ran the table -- but I basically had the best fantasy basketball drafts EVER.  In... my... humble... opinion.

STACKED MAN STACKED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Subliminal said:

@BnaBreaker is there any way to access that season info?

Hey man, yeah, I have fun a small forum FBB league for several years through yahoo, and technically I'm still the commissioner although I haven't really paid much attention to it the last couple years.  Truthfully, I have forgotten which forumers are in the league.  I can't really tell much by their email addresses yahoo gives me.  But if you or anyone else reading this was/is a part of that league then I am more than happy to shift commissioner duties to one of you and you all can do whatever you want with it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hey man, yeah, I have fun a small forum FBB league for several years through yahoo, and technically I'm still the commissioner although I haven't really paid much attention to it the last couple years.  Truthfully, I have forgotten which forumers are in the league.  I can't really tell much by their email addresses yahoo gives me.  But if you or anyone else reading this was/is a part of that league then I am more than happy to shift commissioner duties to one of you and you all can do whatever you want with it.  

Appreciate the response, I was just mostly curious of what my full roster was that year. That’s the only time I ever played heh, don’t think I’m ready to be commish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commish is a tough job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now