Ja put on 12lb of muscle...Zion is Hulk now...3J needs to bulk up...no more baby giraffe post ups...he needs to get stronger. 

4 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Ja put on 12lb of muscle...Zion is Hulk now...3J needs to bulk up...no more baby giraffe post ups...he needs to get stronger. 

21 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

How do all 3 guys look skinny, slow, un-explosive AND out of shape all at the same time?

Jaren has to stop this unicorn, guards skills thing, he has 2nd option potential, but he has to play as a big, if possible the C position. Play like a Bam that can shoot 3s and you are a star in this league.

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Jaren has to stop this unicorn, guards skills thing, he has 2nd option potential, but he has to play as a big, if possible the C position. Play like a Bam that can shoot 3s and you are a star in this league.

Bam has 10RB and 5AST...if 3J can do that with 3 point shooting and improved defence he is MVP candidate....big if tho.

23 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Bam has 10RB and 5AST...if 3J can do that with 3 point shooting and improved defence he is MVP candidate....big if tho.

It was just a comparasion, I cant see him having 10 rbs a game, but 8rbs and 2 ast, over 2 blocks and around 2 stls

And yeah, if he does that hitting 3s and playing like a big we are talking about a All Star with Mvp potential. 

PS.: Jaren has a lot room to grow, it is up to him to do so, because if he wont Clarke will take he pf spot sooner than later.

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

It was just a comparasion, I cant see him having 10 rbs a game, but 8rbs and 2 ast, over 2 blocks and around 2 stls

And yeah, if he does that hitting 3s and playing like a big we are talking about a All Star with Mvp potential. It is up to him.

but first i want to see him ripped...like Ja/Zion/Giannis...he needs to transform his body first.

14 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

but first i want to see him ripped...like Ja/Zion/Giannis...he needs to transform his body first.

Off course he has, and ppl better start to hope Jaren does that because we aint challenge Nola without him and Clarke devoloping to their full potential. 

I've seen Jaren upclose and personal and he's not as skinny as you would think, or doesn't appear as thin as you would think. I don't think this excercise is about explosion,  just fluidity. Working out in the sun can be draining too. 

If Jaren and Thabeet played a game of 1 on 1 ... I am not even sure who I would take.  J’s shot looks good but he doesn’t look particularly strong, athletic, explosive or fluid.  

5 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

If Jaren and Thabeet played a game of 1 on 1 ... I am not even sure who I would take.  J’s shot looks good but he doesn’t look particularly strong, athletic, explosive or fluid.  

Wow. Why the hate?

How long since you've seen him in an NBA game? 

I'll wait until I see the guys back on the court at the professional level. 

19 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Wow. Why the hate?

How long since you've seen him in an NBA game? 

I'll wait until I see the guys back on the court at the professional level. 

His shot looks really good, but his explosiveness, strength, fluidity doesn’t look elite.

Looks like the same guy from the last couple of years.  Use him primarily as a pick and pop threat, spot-up shooter and weak side shot blocker who can defend a bit all over the court.  

He looks like the guy who started off the season slowly.  

The last games of his that I watched in person were the Nuggets and Pistons games — well yeah he didn’t play in those.  When was Jaren’s last game?  I will look it up.  I went to a few this year.  

3 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

3 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

jjj looks great BUT i would love to see him add around 10/15 pounds and play with his back to the basket , he would be a double/double machine 10/15  time to the free throw line 

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

His shot looks really good, but his explosiveness, strength, fluidity doesn’t look elite.

Looks like the same guy from the last couple of years.  Use him primarily as a pick and pop threat, spot-up shooter and weak side shot blocker who can defend a bit all over the court.  

The last games of his that I watched in person were the Nuggets and Pistons games — well yeah he didn’t play in those.  When was Jaren’s last game?  I will look it up.  I went to a few this year.  

He’s still growing into his body and I think people forget how big he is because of his skillset. He’s moves fine for a 6’11 250 pound man

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

How do all 3 guys look skinny, slow, un-explosive AND out of shape all at the same time?

I'm not going to watch the whole thing but for a lot of it they seem to be working on moves and countermoves. They're not going full speed, they're working on ingraining the ball control and muscle memory of certain actions so they can do it without thinking in a game

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

bruh they are just putting up shots in a backyard getting reps in. They arent going balls to the wall nba intensity.  And as ive said countless times, Jaren  was still growing as of last year and for all we know could still be. He is already a legit 6'11 no shoes. The fact that he can put the ball on the floor at all is great, and he is already above average with his handle. Let this man fully mature. It takes time to get used to your body when/aftet growth as far as fluidity goes. No he doesnt look like giannis in this backyard jack off session,  but he may resemble that sometime soon.

Jaren needs the ball more period. Whether it be shooting 9 threes a game, posting up, or driving  on closeouts. Seriously brooks, pass the danm ball. Hopefully with Ja and Winslow, more opportunities for jaren will be created

1 hour ago, Crizzle said:

bruh they are just putting up shots in a backyard getting reps in. They arent going balls to the wall nba intensity.  And as ive said countless times, Jaren  was still growing as of last year and for all we know could still be. He is already a legit 6'11 no shoes. The fact that he can put the ball on the floor at all is great, and he is already above average with his handle. Let this man fully mature. It takes time to get used to your body when/aftet growth as far as fluidity goes. No he doesnt look like giannis in this backyard jack off session,  but he may resemble that sometime soon.

Jaren needs the ball more period. Whether it be shooting 9 threes a game, posting up, or driving  on closeouts. Seriously brooks, pass the danm ball. Hopefully with Ja and Winslow, more opportunities for jaren will be created

Backyard Ja woulda gone viral.  Pickup game Ja dunked OVER a kid as big as Jaren.  

Backyard Jaren is the same Jaren we’ve seen for two years.  Some great games but plenty of average ones.  Look at the game logs.

Maybe leave the Euro Step in the tool box for another year.  It looked like he has store credit for two offensive fouls.  ... he’s not Giannis.

I would like to see him work on a sky hook and a drop step.  He has solid finesse and shooting touch and those two moves should work for him.  

The backyard session shows that Jaren is a stretch four (basically) at least for the time being.

But he needs to hit the ground running and fire him up.  We really really need his 3 point shooting in the bubble.  He should leave his Unicorn utility belt at home and maybe channel his inner Reggie Miller.  That might be the only way we get to 45 wins this season (including playoffs) so I can come out the winner of the Season Win Totals Challenge.

The value is his shooting and ability to swicht on pick rolls on defense those two traits are really what today's NBA is all about.

However he has alot of room for improvements.

1.Fouling - this issue needs to get fix first in order to make any future progress.

2.Body -to skinny can't rebound.

3.come up with some type of mid range shot or game.

24 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

The value is his shooting and ability to swicht on pick rolls on defense those two traits are really what today's NBA is all about.

However he has alot of room for improvements.

1.Fouling - this issue needs to get fix first in order to make any future progress.

2.Body -to skinny can't rebound.

3.come up with some type of mid range shot or game.

His fouling has to do with trying to do too much.  Out of control Euro steps don’t help. Neither do chasing blocked shots.  But those two issues get a LOT of guys in trouble.  

I think he should focus on 3 point shooting and “prevent defense” in the bubble.  Hit the weights and practice hook shots, drop steps, Dream Shakes and a layup package in the offseason.  

Jaren gets in trouble when he tries to make plays all by himself (offense) then getting overly aggressive on defense.  

Jaren is good at hitting 3’s and guarding all over the place and that is super effective today (thanks for pointing that out) it’s just not the kind of big man I grew up on (Shaq. Ahhhh.). He’s not exactly Z Bo or a classic Grit/Grind type.  

If he plays to his strengths and leaves his Euro step in a storage unit back home then we have a chance. If not our bubble is gonna burst.  

Foul trouble? I think fouls are gonna be so random in the bubble that I don’t even care.  That’s why we have Clarke and Dieng off the bench.

15 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Obviously, it's just a workout video with him just doing certain moves but I definitely agree that he needs to stop the "unicorn" and "big guard" talk and play more inside. I would like to see him working on his inside game but more importantly, working on his rebounding.JV is basically our only rebounder. We can fill gaps if we had rebounding G/SF but we need Jaren to rebound. After JV,  BC is probably our best rebounder and Dieng, but who knows how long he will be around.  Jaren needs to get his rebounds up to at least 8 per game if he's playing 30 mpg. Then i could ignore some of the "big guard" talk but until then, he's a 6'11" starter and we need him to do some "big man" stuff here and there. 

SCIENCE ALERT!!  Calories are a measurement of energy. About 3500 calories are needed to burn a lb of fat. So at say a rate of -500 calories a day ( From you TDEE "total daily energy expenditure"), you will lose one lb of fat a week. You can healthily lose between 1.5-2lbs of fat a week without sacrificing muscle.

zion is a big guy who appears to have shredded a lot of fat. Fat is MUCH easier to lose than muscle is to gain. Ja appears to be experiencing something known as "noobie gains". When you just start really lifting, you can basically eat whatever you want, lift, and your body is going to balloon up with muscle. You can put on as much as 2.5 lbs of lean muscle a month. This is just a honeymoon phase though. Once you get out of this noobie phase, it becomes much harder to put on lean mass. You are looking at maxing out at maybe a half lb of muscle a month. 

So yes, its easy to point at both zion and ja and say "LOOK AT THE PROGRESS,  BUT JAREN :(!!!!" . In reality, it takes years for these guys to really transform their bodies. Do you want jaren to put on lean mass, or do you want him to just stuff himself with jelly donuts?

Also, steroids completely change the dynamics of this conversation....

The big guard stuff only applies to offense. He still defends the rim well (and is getting better). Offensively to have his versatility is a major plus, and he looks like he's improving on 1 on 1 shot creating. He's probably not going to be posting up a ton on this new offense, and that's okay. Obviously he needs to rebound more, but that's a far different argument than being a "big guard."