bhoyal

Former Grizz in Million$$ ESPN event

A number of former Grizz are on Floyd Mayweather's "The Money Team" while I noticed Hasheem Thabeet (HAHAHAHA!) is on some other team.  There might be more former Grizz players, not sure.

https://vandysports.proboards.com/thread/27/dollar-tournament-on-espn

Money team has a first round bye and won't be playing this weekend.  (?)

http://thetournament.com/2020bracket

I also saw Nick Calethes  listed with some other team.

Unofficially, The Mayweather team doesn't play until Thursday (?) or at least that is when ESPN will show them and the elimination game between the two teams to decide who plays them is Sunday afternoon or at least that is when the TV listings have it for.

The biggest danger to this team is somebody getting red hot from three, like Mike Daum or Bryce Brown or Kellen Dunham from those other teams.  Some of the guys on the other teams, I never heard of.  Joe Johnson is probably the oldest guy playing. 

6 hours ago, bhoyal said:

A number of former Grizz are on Floyd Mayweather's "The Money Team" while I noticed Hasheem Thabeet (HAHAHAHA!) is on some other team.  There might be more former Grizz players, not sure.

https://vandysports.proboards.com/thread/27/dollar-tournament-on-espn

Money team has a first round bye and won't be playing this weekend.  (?)

http://thetournament.com/2020bracket

Is Hasheem Thabeet, like, any good these days?

Should some NBA-22 team give him a shot?

Heck, he could be this generation's Mo Bamba.

23 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is Hasheem Thabeet, like, any good these days?

Should some NBA-22 team give him a shot?

Heck, he could be this generation's Mo Bamba.

For the 2019–20 season, Thabeet signed with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA G League but was cut on 16 January 2020.

He's not Shake Milton.  But he's still really tall.

21 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

For the 2019–20 season, Thabeet signed with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA G League but was cut on 16 January 2020.

He's not Shake Milton.  But he's still really tall.

Bet Thabeet could hang with The Fresh Prince of Buckhead (guessing) aka Jaren Jackson Jr. 

P.S. Watch Jaren’s work out video.  Or not. It’s YOUR weekend....

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Bet Thabeet could hang with The Fresh Prince of Buckhead (guessing) aka Jaren Jackson Jr. 

P.S. Watch Jaren’s work out video.  Or not. It’s YOUR weekend....

Stop. Go look up Hasheems best nba stats and compare them to JJJ and then get back to us.

Wait? What league is this and when can I watch it?

On 7/3/2020 at 7:12 PM, Grizzfan7979 said:

Stop. Go look up Hasheems best nba stats and compare them to JJJ and then get back to us.

With ESPN’s new tweaked advanced stats Jaren was 73 out of 96 power forwards for RPM, 87 out of 96 for WINS, and 93 out of 96 for DRPM (a defensive metric) behind Kevin Love, Caleb Swanigan and Jabari Parker.

Link:  http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

But Jaren  can clean up some of that stuff in the off-season.  He’s gonna help us by firing up 3 pointers and exploiting mismatches if he has any.  So... do work against Zion and the Pels, but take AD outside.  I think we can beat the Lakers in a playoff series if Jaren goes 5 for 15 from three every game.  Do that and get more rebounds than fouls and I think we can pull off the major upset.  

10 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

With ESPN’s new tweaked advanced stats Jaren was 73 out of 96 power forwards for RPM, 87 out of 96 for WINS, and 93 out of 96 for DRPM (a defensive metric) behind Kevin Love, Caleb Swanigan and Jabari Parker.

Link:  http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

But Jaren  can clean up some of that stuff in the off-season.  He’s gonna help us by firing up 3 pointers and exploiting mismatches if he has any.  So... do work against Zion and the Pels, but take AD outside.  I think we can beat the Lakers in a playoff series if Jaren goes 5 for 15 from three every game.  Do that and get more rebounds than fouls and I think we can pull off the major upset.  

IF JJJ can nail a lot of 3s we can beat the Pelicans

7 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

IF JJJ can nail a lot of 3s we can beat the Pelicans

If Jaren can nail a lot of 3s we can beat EVERYBODY.

If he goes 5-15 on 3s per game we WIN.  Especially against the Lakers. I don’t see him having a mismatch against AD. So take him outside.  ... with Zion, take 3’s but also see if Jaren can post him up inside.  But Jaren’s shot chart against NO and the LAL are gonna look a lot different.

By the way,  Mike Daum had 21 points and 9 boards.  His team with a bad seed advanced easily.

And furthermore, this could serve as a defacto Summer League substitute for free agents and Euro pro league players trying to get noticed by NBA teams.   The longer it goes on and the better teams survive, the top talent will really emerge.

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

And furthermore, this could serve as a defacto Summer League substitute for free agents and Euro pro league players trying to get noticed by NBA teams.   The longer it goes on and the better teams survive, the top talent will really emerge.

Hopefully some of these guys get signed for the Bubble.  

I can see some guys being added for Corona positive players.

These guys are at least semi-pros and are currently playing, so maybe they are less rusty than some other guys.

Mike Daum might have locked up a spot in the NBA with his outing today.   He's very Luke Kornet-ish.

18 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Mike Daum might have locked up a spot in the NBA with his outing today.   He's very Luke Kornet-ish.

Is he someone we should look at for the Bubble?

6 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is he someone we should look at for the Bubble?

Why not. I hope everyone stays healthy but Daum is decent 

Apparently Baldwin just signed with a team in Munich Germany and Austin Daye with a team in Italy.  What would have been their team blew a solid lead in a high scoring game and was eliminated.

I wouldn't mind picking up a semi-pro/pro-am/Siberian semi-star player who is at least in game shape, that is, not pathetically rusty and out of shape.

So, for spots 16 and 17 strongly consider guys who are currently playing competitive/semi-competitive basketball.

For us, we need as many guys possible who can hit the ground running.  Especially if we need a 5-3 (or even 6-2 record) to lock down that 8th seed.  Our schedule looks hard and I would actually settle for 3-5 but that might not cut it.

We need to maximize the talent coming off our bench.  

On 7/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, bhoyal said:

Apparently Baldwin just signed with a team in Munich Germany and Austin Daye with a team in Italy.  What would have been their team blew a solid lead in a high scoring game and was eliminated.

I forgot Daye. Wasnt he supposed to be something big?

8 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I forgot Daye. Wasnt he supposed to be something big?

Big ol bag of horseradish 

14 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

A big disappointment, yeah.

That's what I was thinking. We got him in the Prince trade correct?

9 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

That's what I was thinking. We got him in the Prince trade correct?

He would have been good on the TBT tournament level.  It's semi-pro ball.

BTW... Shake Milton is trending on twitter right now.  Some of us knew all along the dude could play.  :P