46 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

For 8th, Kings, Pelicans & Blazers are all effectively 3.5 games behind Grizzlies.

If Grizzlies win 4, that means for any to pass them, they would need to win 7 to jump us.

If Grizzlies win 3, that means for any to pass, they would need to win 6.  That is, to me, the only realistic scenario where Grizzlies aren't in 8th place.

If Grizzlies win 2 of 8, they probably sit 9th or out, and probably don't deserve it.

Also, for all practical purposes, if they sweep those Portland and Pelicans, I don't think the play-in games will be needed.

I think you're off 1 game. If we win 4 and whoever wins 7 that would only make up a 3 game difference, and we're 3.5 games up. So if we win 4, they'd have to win all 8 to actually pass us, and so on. 

21 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

July 30th - Blazers

Date
Time
Teams
Arena

Sunday, August 2

WEEK 22
1 GAME
4:00 PM ET

Visa Athletic CenterOrlando, FL
Week 23 (Aug 3 - Aug 9)

Monday, August 3

WEEK 23
1 GAME
6:30 PM ET

Wednesday, August 5

WEEK 23
1 GAME
2:30 PM ET

HP Field HouseOrlando, FL

Friday, August 7

WEEK 23
1 GAME
4:00 PM ET

Sunday, August 9

WEEK 23
1 GAME
2:00 PM ET

Week 24 (Aug 10 - Aug 16)

Tuesday, August 11

WEEK 24
1 GAME
6:30 PM ET

HP Field HouseOrlando, FL

Thursday, August 13

WEEK 24
1 GAME
TBD
ESPN WWOSOrlando, FL

after see  this schedule , it will make making the play-off sweeter ,the grizzlies will be there 

Given the schedule, a fast start will be pretty essential.  New Orleans game is big.  Then hopefully a couple of the teams at the end are just waiting for playoffs by then and not going all out.

It's a foregone conclusion that the Grizz will face a 9th seeded team in a play-in

Yes, we would and should be the 8th so a best of 3 if we lose game one

6 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think you're off 1 game. If we win 4 and whoever wins 7 that would only make up a 3 game difference, and we're 3.5 games up. So if we win 4, they'd have to win all 8 to actually pass us, and so on. 

I probably am.

Win the first 2 and job will be amlost done. I can't see NO or Portland winning 5 or 6 on 8. Slow start will be a problem for all team. We have a young team, they may be able to run 100% from 1st game. Go Grizzz !!!

Can't wait to see it start. I have the feeling that last 4 months count in my life for 40 years....

I'm thinking that this schedule might not be the worst thing.  If HCA means nothing, playing teams already in the playoffs isn't as bad as playing teams fighting to get in.

For example, if this was 2013, and the Grizzlies were already locked into their playoff spot, I'd be wanting to go into these 8 games like it was a preseason.  Win a few, but keep the minutes light on Zach, Marc, MC, and Tony so that they are ready for the playoffs. The difference between 5-3 and 2-6 wouldn't be worth putting 40+ minutes on starters legs.

The key games are those Portland and Pelicans games. 

On 6/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, nwagrizzfan said:

It's a foregone conclusion that the Grizz will face a 9th seeded team in a play-in

Yes, we would and should be the 8th so a best of 3 if we lose game one

I think the way it is set up, we only have to win one game if we're the 8th seed, while the 9th seed would have to win 2 games. So if we win game one - that's it, we're in. If we lose game one, we get another chance in game 2 and winner of game 2 gets in.

It's the advantage gained by ending the seeding games as the 8th seed. It's possible we end up playing the Blazers or Pelicans a total of 3 times in the span of 2-3 weeks.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the Pelicans' "easy" schedule, but this honestly tracks pretty well with what their strength of schedule (and ours) would've been for the remainder of the season. I saw a SoS comparison from old schedule vs. new schedule and this didn't change much for us or them. If I remember correctly, the Blazers were one of the most affect teams. It's easy to look at the NBA's actions as favoritism towards Zion (a 22 team bubble was...fishy), but the schedule seems fair to me.

This isn’t a surprise. We had one of the hardest remaining schedules in the league before the stoppage, the Pelicans had the easiest... So makes sense if we take off our homer glasses.

Like someone said earlier though, the Bucks will have nothing to play for by the time we play them, so at least that’s good.

1 hour ago, CoolHandGriz said:

This isn’t a surprise. We had one of the hardest remaining schedules in the league before the stoppage, the Pelicans had the easiest... So makes sense if we take off our homer glasses.

Like someone said earlier though, the Bucks will have nothing to play for by the time we play them, so at least that’s good.

Agreed.

And to your 2nd point, in all likelihood, neither will the Celtics or Raptors - the Raptors are 3 games ahead of the Celtics and the Celtics are in turn 2.5 games ahead of the Heat. By the time we play them, things could be wrapped up from a seeding perspective.

3 hours ago, CoolHandGriz said:

It probably doesn't help the narrative that all teams are going to play 1 B2B in Orlando, and the Grizzlies 2nd game of their B2B is against the Pelicans.

Either way, the Grizzlies have a 3.5 game lead with 8 games to play.  If they can't retain that 8th spot, they don't deserve to be in the play in game.  And given they will be spotted 1 game in the 8-9 play in game, if they lose to Pelicans during the 8 game season, and twice during the play-in tournament, the Pelicans would be the deserving team.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 6:34 PM, costarica2 said:

Woah we are gonna have to come out on fire early on those last 3 games are brutal.

Maybe those teams will have locked up their seeds by then and will rest their best players. Could work to our advantage playing those 3 teams at the end of the 8 games instead of the begining.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It probably doesn't help the narrative that all teams are going to play 1 B2B in Orlando, and the Grizzlies 2nd game of their B2B is against the Pelicans.

Either way, the Grizzlies have a 3.5 game lead with 8 games to play.  If they can't retain that 8th spot, they don't deserve to be in the play in game.  And given they will be spotted 1 game in the 8-9 play in game, if they lose to Pelicans during the 8 game season, and twice during the play-in tournament, the Pelicans would be the deserving team.

Yup. If a team beats us 3 times in a row (and if it was the Pelicans in this scenario, it would actually be 5 times in a row since they've already beaten us twice), they've earned it.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, I❤️JV said:
  • GRIZZ

• vs. Portland Trail Blazers on Friday, July 31 (4:00 p.m. ET, NBA TV)

• vs. San Antonio Spurs on Sunday, August 2 (4:00 p.m. ET)

• vs. New Orleans Pelicans on Monday, August 3 (6:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)

• vs. Utah Jazz on Wednesday, August 5 (2:30 p.m. ET)

• vs. Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, August 7 (4:00 p.m. ET, NBA TV)

• vs. Toronto Raptors on Sunday, August 9 (2:00 p.m. ET)

• vs. Boston Celtics on Tuesday, August 11 (6:30 p.m. ET, TNT)

• vs. Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday, August 13 (TBD, TBD)

Sorry for posting it in a hurry 

On 6/29/2020 at 5:40 PM, I❤️JV said:

yes 3 scrimmages 

Against other teams? Or just within a team (e.g. starters vs bench)? TV coverage???

49 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Against other teams? Or just within a team (e.g. starters vs bench)? TV coverage???

other teams...don't know about TV coverage.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:40 PM, I❤️JV said:

yes 3 scrimmages 

Source? 

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

it's from 113 pages of NBA bubble rules.

I actually believe you here (you have a good track record when it comes to stuff like this) ... i'm gonna say 'good find' and then I'd ask - against who? 

Have the decided the teams yet? How will they decide ?