I❤️JV

COVID-19 POSITIVE NBA PLAYERS

On 6/25/2020 at 7:13 PM, GameOn said:

Lastly, for extra protection for the upcoming flu season, make sure your vitamin D levels are in the normal range. Ask your doctor for a vitamin D test (a blood test) and it will tell you on the test results whether or not you are in the normal range. Vitamin D helps to keep your immune system strong so you can naturally fight off covid or any other flu/virus/cold. If you are low in vitamin D you can try to get more sunshine or use vitamin D3 supplements. I have been supplementing with vitamin D3 (the "3" is important) at 5,000 I.U.'s per day for about 9 years. I have had zero colds/flu in the last 9 years and knock on wood, haven't had any covid/flu/cold symptoms during the pandemic. I have never had a "flu shot" and have never worn a mask. Stay healthy guys. Only 5 weeks left to go before game time!!! Can't wait to see Ja, JJJ, JV and the rest rest of the crew back in action. Go Grizzlies

Yeah 

but

did you wash your hands though?

💫🤣💫

On 6/26/2020 at 5:34 PM, Father Pat said:

Do you need and want others to tell you what to do, how to think, and who to vote for? Are you not strong enough mentally to figure that out for yourself? I like to think that we are, that is why I believe we don't need to hear any propaganda. Especially on a basketball talk site.

Couldn’t agree more on that last sentence! I actually agree with everything said here but especially the last sentence.

If you want to make political comments go elsewhere or expect to hear from moderators.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:34 PM, Father Pat said:

Do you need and want others to tell you what to do, how to think, and who to vote for? Are you not strong enough mentally to figure that out for yourself? I like to think that we are, that is why I believe we don't need to hear any propaganda. Especially on a basketball talk site.

Unfortunately not everyone is mentally strong. Some people have real issues to deal with. Its not black and white. 

13 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Yeah 

but

did you wash your hands though?

💫🤣💫

Sorry, forgot about that. It's extremely important to wash your hands at least once a week. 😄

On 6/26/2020 at 2:04 PM, Father Pat said:

It's because there are too many stupid people that need to be told what is best for them. Some actually want to be lorded over. 

It's also easy to mock personal freedoms when you have them. What about smoking? Smoking will shorten your life, at the least. Do you need/want a law directing you to not smoke or are you smart enough to do what is best for you, especially when it is a simple matter of choice? The smart person does not smoke by their own choice. The feeble minded demands a law that prevent themselves from smoking. 

What about drug laws? It is beyond reasonable belief that anyone would inject drugs into themselves. I don't need a law telling me not to do something so stupid, yet there are laws against it and still stupid people still inject themselves. 

Anyone that willingly gives up freedoms is weak minded. People need to think for themselves. A (D) or an (R) that is attached to a politicians name does not preclude them from corruption. Nearly all of the law makers are corrupt, and I for one am not fool enough to turn over ANY freedoms to corrupt politicians.

Who said anything about a law? Why do people keep making strawman arguments just like earlier someone mentioned mandatory vaccines, who said anything about any of that stuff? We are talking about wearing a simple face covering/mask due to public health concerns. As far as smoking goes, there are laws in many states that say you can't smoke in certain public places. You wanna know why? Because your personal freedom to smoke should not infringe on other people's personal freedom to be healthy because secondhand smoke is toxic. In a similar fashion, asymptomatic people have no idea as to whether or not they have COVID. So if they walk around with no face covering, their personal freedom to not wear a mask should not infringe on other people's personal freedom to be healthy. I'm really not about to go back and forth on this because it's a public health issue simple and plain. I'm not into conspiracy theories about "if you do this, next they'll tell you this" and cite some extreme example. I'm in my 40's and have been hearing that talk all of my life and none of those crazy conspiracy theories have come true and they never will. It's a fear tactic and I'm too smart to fall for fear tactics.

With all of that being said, I find it curious that there is  large intersection between those people who scream about their personal freedoms and the people who want to stop people from kneeling or telling people to shut up and dribble. Seems to me, people have the personal freedom to peacefully protest and to speak their mind. it's not only personal freedoms, they are trying to take away their freedom of speech which is granted to us in the First Amendment of the  Constitution of the united States. I would think the anger should be directed at people who are trying to tell others not to peacefully protest or to shut up and dribble yet somehow, those people direct their angers at a public health issue. Interesting, it's almost as if something else is at play that has nothing to do with personal freedoms at all. 

3 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

...."big boy"...maybe.

BAD news for the pelicans. Grizzlies need to say heathy 

Hate to say it but, at the rate this going, a Grizz player will get it. Hopefully not but just prepare for it to happen. Hope reporters respect the players privacy unlike what they did with Austin Matthews there.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:34 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Who said anything about a law? Why do people keep making strawman arguments just like earlier someone mentioned mandatory vaccines, who said anything about any of that stuff? We are talking about wearing a simple face covering/mask due to public health concerns. As far as smoking goes, there are laws in many states that say you can't smoke in certain public places. You wanna know why? Because your personal freedom to smoke should not infringe on other people's personal freedom to be healthy because secondhand smoke is toxic. In a similar fashion, asymptomatic people have no idea as to whether or not they have COVID. So if they walk around with no face covering, their personal freedom to not wear a mask should not infringe on other people's personal freedom to be healthy. I'm really not about to go back and forth on this because it's a public health issue simple and plain. I'm not into conspiracy theories about "if you do this, next they'll tell you this" and cite some extreme example. I'm in my 40's and have been hearing that talk all of my life and none of those crazy conspiracy theories have come true and they never will. It's a fear tactic and I'm too smart to fall for fear tactics.

With all of that being said, I find it curious that there is  large intersection between those people who scream about their personal freedoms and the people who want to stop people from kneeling or telling people to shut up and dribble. Seems to me, people have the personal freedom to peacefully protest and to speak their mind. it's not only personal freedoms, they are trying to take away their freedom of speech which is granted to us in the First Amendment of the  Constitution of the united States. I would think the anger should be directed at people who are trying to tell others not to peacefully protest or to shut up and dribble yet somehow, those people direct their angers at a public health issue. Interesting, it's almost as if something else is at play that has nothing to do with personal freedoms at all. 

What about my right, to not wear a mask, to breathe clean fresh air and thereby stay healthy? Since when am I responsible for other people's health? If I was responsible for other people's health, should I be constantly lecturing people not to eat junk food, don't smoke, don't do drugs, do get enough sleep, etc.? How can you enforce something where both parties are claiming that their freedom is being infringed? Btw, WHO posted on their website a few weeks ago that the only people who need to wear a mask are those that have flu like symptoms or if you are a caregiver to person that is sick with covid.  

44 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if they scraped the season all together 

it's too big to fail....about $150m will be the cost of the bubble.

17 minutes ago, GameOn said:

What about my right, to not wear a mask, to breathe clean fresh air and thereby stay healthy? Since when am I responsible for other people's health? If I was responsible for other people's health, should I be constantly lecturing people not to eat junk food, don't smoke, don't do drugs, do get enough sleep, etc.? How can you enforce something where both parties are claiming that their freedom is being infringed? Btw, WHO posted on their website a few weeks ago that the only people who need to wear a mask are those that have flu like symptoms or if you are a caregiver to person that is sick with covid.  

...that is why USA is #1...in COVID-19 death.

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

I'm not going back and forth on this topic

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

...that is why USA is #1...in COVID-19 death.

Exactly

11 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

it's too big to fail....about $150m will be the cost of the bubble.

It wasn't to big to shut the entire economy down for the most part. 

Grizz related ... in here somewhere.

follow me - (asking for a friend) 😏

Here in Memphis there are several sites that are offering free Covid 19 testing. 

So, lets say my friend goes to get tested on a Saturday morning. 

Goes grocery shopping , gas station, etc... 

Wednesday morning he receives a call that says congratulations you tested negative.

NOW ... all that tells said friend is that AT the TIME of the TEST - he was negative.

Following that same line - from the moment that he was tested all the way to today... 

Wouldn't you think that he'd need to be tested again ( and again and again) - as for as long as he is not living the isoloated bubble life- he is still at risk...

Now the Memphis Grizzlies are about to play meaningful games shortly. Our young guys are about to be tested.  

Even though these are not actual playoff games - they have playoff importance.

Things are looking up out here for the forseeable future. 

Lots of chances to see rivalries develop with good / to future great young guys go at it. 

Go Grizz 

p.s. ( hurry up and get them in that bubble!)

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Grizz related ... in here somewhere.

follow me - (asking for a friend) 😏

Here in Memphis there are several sites that are offering free Covid 19 testing. 

So, lets say my friend goes to get tested on a Saturday morning. 

Goes grocery shopping , gas station, etc... 

Wednesday morning he receives a call that says congratulations you tested negative.

NOW ... all that tells said friend is that AT the TIME of the TEST - he was negative.

Following that same line - from the moment that he was tested all the way to today... 

Wouldn't you think that he'd need to be tested again ( and again and again) - as for as long as he is not living the isoloated bubble life- he is still at risk...

Now the Memphis Grizzlies are about to play meaningful games shortly. Our young guys are about to be tested.  

Even though these are not actual playoff games - they have playoff importance.

Things are looking up out here for the forseeable future. 

Lots of chances to see rivalries develop with good / to future great young guys go at it. 

Go Grizz 

p.s. ( hurry up and get them in that bubble!)

Yes, people will need to be tested over and over again. The point is, even before and after testing, they should socially distance, wash their hands and wear a mask. Unfortunately, we have too many people who go out get tested and think they are invincible and do none of that. It's kind of like going out to get an HIV test and have unprotected sex with several partners while waiting on the results and even more after you find out you're negative. 

12 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yes, people will need to be tested over and over again. The point is, even before and after testing, they should socially distance, wash their hands and wear a mask. Unfortunately, we have too many people who go out get tested and think they are invincible and do none of that. It's kid of like going out to get an HUV test and have unprotected sex with several partners while waiting on the results and even more after you find out you're negative. 

Scoot over ... I'm gonna sit right here next to you.

Just speaking for myself - I hear all of the 'get tested' song all the time. 

What I am not hearing is like you and I have stated.

12 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

The point is, even before and after testing, they should socially distance, wash their hands and wear a mask.

Getting tested and receiving negative results is a snap shot of the trime the person got tested. 

As they engage in more risk taking activities - they will need to be tested and tested and - you get it.

They / WE STILL need to practice everything you stated.

*** I hope coaches are taking my advice and taping 13's hands above his head to teach him how to defend with his body / positioning.

Once he gets that tightened up -> he will get to feast on help defense

2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Scoot over ... I'm gonna sit right here next to you.

Just speaking for myself - I hear all of the 'get tested' song all the time. 

What I am not hearing is like you and I have stated.

Getting tested and receiving negative results is a snap shot of the trime the person got tested. 

As they engage in more risk taking activities - they will need to be tested and tested and - you get it.

They / WE STILL need to practice everything you stated.

*** I hope coaches are taking my advice and taping 13's hands above his head to teach him how to defend with his body / positioning.

Once he gets that tightened up -> he will get to feast on help defense

I work in the medical field, have for a total of about 11 years now. My best advice is to treat everyone like they're infected. 

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

I work in the medical field, have for a total of about 11 years now. My best advice is to treat everyone like they're infected. 

Taking it one step further - I would say that in addition to acting as if others are infected, we should also act as if, even if we don't have any symptoms, we ourselves are infected.

This doesn't mean "giving up our freedoms" - you can still exercise, can still get fresh air, can still get sunlight. Just do it while maintaining your distance from others. When that isn't possible, wear a mask.