I❤️JV

over/under 15 players to sit out

over/under 15 players to sit out  

14 members have voted

1. 1. over/under 15 players to sit out

there will be  many to  sit out,  as long its not any Grizzlies I can care less 

Does sit out mean the entire Orlando trip?

I think there will be older guys that sit more than 2 games before playoffs start, plus who knows on a guy like Carmelo. This really could be his last chance to play, and he might go out sitting out.

Plus once a team like the Spurs and Suns (and hopefully Kings and Portland and Pelicans) get mathematically eliminated, they might as well sit or send home vets and play the young guys.

I also think Oubre is sitting out.

You could also add Aldridge, I suppose, since he's had surgery and is sitting out.

8 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Does sit out mean the entire Orlando trip?

I think there will be older guys that sit more than 2 games before playoffs start, plus who knows on a guy like Carmelo. This really could be his last chance to play, and he might go out sitting out.

Plus once a team like the Spurs and Suns (and hopefully Kings and Portland and Pelicans) get mathematically eliminated, they might as well sit or send home vets and play the young guys.

I also think Oubre is sitting out.

You could also add Aldridge, I suppose, since he's had surgery and is sitting out.

Yes miss Orlando ... injured like Kyrie, KD, Aldridge does not count.

Gimme Ja, Dillon, Jaren, Jonas, Clarke and some pro-am guys and we can win this thing.

Actually we might have too many “guys” who all need minutes/touches/shots/egos massaged.

8 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Avery Bradley just opted out too.

with L. james love to win in L,A that should be Avery Bradley ticket out of there next year 

I think if a team like the Blazers get off to not a great start, they'll start load managing Lillard and McCollum. Might as well get Simons and Trent some minutes. Same thing with the Wizards, Bertans is already out, and Beal will probably play, but probably significantly less minutes. 

6 hours ago, lions said:

with L. james love to win in L,A that should be Avery Bradley ticket out of there next year 

Bradley says it is because his son has difficulty recovering from respiratory illness.

Not sure if that is true or not. Don't care, but LeBron probably does. Bradley has a P.O. for next season. I'm sure he'll take it, but we'll see where he's playing.

Unfortunate for WCS and his wife/partner. For an NBA player, July-Sept should be the ideal time to have a kid when planning.  I completely understand not wanting to see your baby born and then take off and leave for 4-8 weeks. 

Not sure how many Grizzlies players have very young children, and not to trivialize saying goodbye to a 13 y.o., but 4-6 weeks in the life of a 4 month or 8 month old is pretty significant.

Didnt turn out to be too many 

I wouldn't be surprised if older heads on fringe teams like Carmelo back out. I've heard there has been grumbling from some vets as to why they should come back, be in a bubble and then play really hard to get the 8th seed only to get knocked out in the first round. I think younger players will be more likely to not only play but compete really hard. 

17 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I think younger players will be more likely to not only play but compete really hard. 

Great point!  I’ve kinda been thinking this too.  Could be GOOD for the league — jump start the future just in case “the end is near for LeBron” and the Bucks look more like a potential “one bit wonder” than a mega dynasty.  

Ja, Luka, Zion, Tatum, Ben Simmons, Bam/Herro, Booker/Ayton, Jokic, Donovan Mitchell... yeah, push THOSE guys.  

Lets SEE if LeBron and A Davis sit out 

14 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

The nets might mess around and not make the playoffs after all. Wizards have a shot.

Geesh, do any Nets players want to play?  Although, they are almost down to last year's squad. They might do better.