I❤️JV

Vecenie’s 2019-20 NBA Rookie Scale Prospect Team Rankings

So Sam is evaluating the rookies around the league and he thinks that a team with the favorite for this year's rookie of the year, last season's runner up for ROY, two of the biggest surprises in De'Anthony Melton and Brandon Clarke plus Dillon Brooks (despite his signing a new deal already) is only the third best rookie class?

He clearly is in love with Jason Tatum and Zion Williamson but do those two players pull their team's rookie classes over the Grizzlies? 

26 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

So Sam is evaluating the rookies around the league and he thinks that a team with the favorite for this year's rookie of the year, last season's runner up for ROY, two of the biggest surprises in De'Anthony Melton and Brandon Clarke plus Dillon Brooks (despite his signing a new deal already) is only the third best rookie class?

He clearly is in love with Jason Tatum and Zion Williamson but do those two players pull their team's rookie classes over the Grizzlies? 

He thinks Boston and New Orleans has bigger upside than us...he did consider Boston and us for 2nd place. 

2 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

He thinks Boston and New Orleans has bigger upsed than us...he did consider Boston and us for 2nd place. 

I realize I am a team fan but this guy is a blatant player fan. He just likes Tatum and Zion (who's played a total of 19 games). 

A really interesting article. There's a tendency to focus on where JJJ needs to improve but he's keeping elite company when it comes to shooting and he's still only 20, he has so much promise. 

I think it's close between the top 3 but all the players who have signed extensions or are upcoming free agents are classed as on the rookie scale still so Jaylen Brown counts for Boston and Ingram counts for the Pelicans. They both have rookie scale players who've made all star games already, which presumably matters on the rankings. 

Assuming you count Jaylen brown on rookie scale (which he still was this season), then their core of Tatum, Brown, Langford, Williams x2, and Edwards might be slightly better than Ja, Jaren, Melton, Brandon, Grayson, and Josh. It's pretty close, but yeah Tatum is the best player of that group, and you can make a case for Jaylen being the second best. Though I think our young depth is clearly better than theirs. Brandon is certainly the next best player after those top 4.

right now the Grizzlies are in a good place . sign some good F.A then they should be in a GREAT place 

i need the season to start so i can get my post count up

16 minutes ago, lions said:

i need the season to start so i can get my post count up

me2...i was trying to catch you....but probably it's not going to happen  

Vecenie’s 2019-20 Final NBA Rookie Scale Prospect Team Rankings

https://theathletic.co.uk/1868024/2020/06/24/vecenies-2019-20-final-nba-rookie-scale-prospect-team-rankings/

sorry if you don't have a subscription...i would like to copy/paste it all....but it's not aloved...

The Ja and Jaren show gives the Grizzlies real hope in regard to contention in the next five years. Both are top-15 prospects in the league, and they pair together perfectly. But don’t sleep on the depth in this group, either. Clarke will be a first-team All-Rookie selection. Brooks has turned into a quality starting wing who can take on tough defensive assignments and make shots. Melton narrowly missed out on being in the top-50 prospects that will be coming tomorrow. Guys like Josh Jackson, Konchar, and Allen have a good shot to be rotation players going forward, and Porter is the ultimate home run swing. As some prospects age off of the list, I’d anticipate the Grizzlies continue to move up from this spot.

44 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1868024/2020/06/24/vecenies-2019-20-final-nba-rookie-scale-prospect-team-rankings/

sorry if you don't have a subscription...i would like to copy/paste it all....but it's not aloved...

The Ja and Jaren show gives the Grizzlies real hope in regard to contention in the next five years. Both are top-15 prospects in the league, and they pair together perfectly. But don’t sleep on the depth in this group, either. Clarke will be a first-team All-Rookie selection. Brooks has turned into a quality starting wing who can take on tough defensive assignments and make shots. Melton narrowly missed out on being in the top-50 prospects that will be coming tomorrow. Guys like Josh Jackson, Konchar, and Allen have a good shot to be rotation players going forward, and Porter is the ultimate home run swing. As some prospects age off of the list, I’d anticipate the Grizzlies continue to move up from this spot.

You can summarize what the article says, just not copy it outright.

4 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

IMO Pels have better young pieces ...but Zion is a huge injury risk...and without Zion they are nothing.

So the Pelicans pieces are only good if Zion is playing? Sounds like they aren't that good as pieces then. Ja Morant is a huge impact player for the Grizzlies but JJJ, Brandon, Dillon and De'Anthony are all capable and ready to step up if he goes down. 

7 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

1517...i give up

i enjoy this message board , i will once again fly to memphis and hopefully meet some of our grizzlies board members 

9 minutes ago, lions said:

i enjoy this message board , i will once again fly to memphis and hopefully meet some of our grizzlies board members 

Yeah Baby GIFs | Tenor

8 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Jontay Porter is a guy I keep forgetting about.  Great value if he pans out/stays healthy.  Play making bigs have value.  They should continue to have value and add value even if the league gets smaller -- although I think it will gradually get BIGGER.

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Yeah Baby GIFs | Tenor

i was planning on a trip this season .

It's ok.  I think we're right there.  Personally, the Celtics would get the nod for #1 from me.  They have made it to the Eastern-Conference finals twice in the past 3 years.  The Grizzlies / Pelicans is a coin toss.

We are the best, I dont care what the media think, but we are for sure better than everybody else. I expect Allen to be a role player sooner than later. We already showed that are overall better, the duo of Jaylen/Tatum is better than Ja/Jaren but we still have Clarke, Dillon and Melton.

Clark was the steal of the Draft 

56 minutes ago, lions said:

Clark was the steal of the Draft 

I think it'll be him, Sekou Doumbouya or Cam Reddish when we look back in a couple years. Reddish was improving every single month of the season and was putting up nice numbers in February and March.