I❤️JV

ORLANDO BUBBLE

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The Orlando bubble should still be safer than what most of the players (and most of us) are currently living in. +1

It's not to say it is perfectly safe, but any player that has been playing or working out in open gyms, taking kids to activities, shopping, going to bars or restaurants, or interacting with people who are, are going to be safer in Orlando. +1

And I completely expect that when all these teams report, you are going to see a lot of reports of 2-6 guys on a team testing positive (asymptomatic) because that's not only how contagious the virus is, but also how much guys have been living life. I hope not. Once they get in the bubble it's going to be hard to catch the virus. If a team has a breakout it means someone left the bubble.

I also think that if this gets going, and it's pulling TV rankings and good basketball, that this will be seen as a historic event.  Why not be part of it? Why not get paid to do what you love instead of sitting around doing nothing and not getting paid?  

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

And I completely expect that when all these teams report, you are going to see a lot of reports of 2-6 guys on a team testing positive (asymptomatic) because that's not only how contagious the virus is, but also how much guys have been living life. I hope not. Once they get in the bubble it's going to be hard to catch the virus. If a team has a breakout it means someone left the bubble.

Players are all reporting very soon/now and are tested immediately. This is when I think you'll see the most number of positive testing guys reported (expect a lot of hot takes on whether the NBA is moving too quickly or whether or not it should happen).  However, nobody gets into the Orlando bubble until they have not only received a negative test result, but also having been quarantined.  The whole plan is that it doesn't get in the bubble.

However, I completely expect there to be guys on every team to have been tested positive.  

9 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Players are all reporting very soon/now and are tested immediately. This is when I think you'll see the most number of positive testing guys reported (expect a lot of hot takes on whether the NBA is moving too quickly or whether or not it should happen).  However, nobody gets into the Orlando bubble until they have not only received a negative test result, but also having been quarantined.  The whole plan is that it doesn't get in the bubble.

However, I completely expect there to be guys on every team to have been tested positive.  

Probably. However if they test positive now and are asymptomatic it is quite likely that they will be cleared to play once the season starts. 

That was part of the reasoning for such a long time between returning to teams and starting the remainder of the season.  Part of it was to allow players to ramp up their competitive legs, but it also was the practical realization that guys are going to report COVID +, and it will take some doing to get them safely inside the bubble.

The drawback is that it really extends the time in the isolation.

July 8th and I hope they stay safe and don't go too far from the bubble

Grizz SOS was 2nd now 6th...good, Pels was 16th now 5th LOL....Zion was 22nd now 22nd....it is ZIT what do you expect?...some stupid talking heads even are saying "if Zion beats Ja in the play in games Zion gets ROY"....CRAZY!!!!!....

I'm optimistic that this will work. The only thing that concerns me is the employees not staying in the bubble but I completely understand why that's not possible from the article. 

Barring injury or illness, this should be a good experience for our young team.  We'll be playing some good teams throughout and on a neutral court.  Good competition and hopefully good chemistry-building experience.

Play solid.  Play together.  Have fun.  Learn how we can get better.

Good grief, does anybody else’s screen jump back and forth when they click on the latest posts? Sheesh

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Good grief, does anybody else’s screen jump back and forth when they click on the latest posts? Sheesh

I haven’t noticed anything off...

is it still happening on your end?

pm me or any other mod and we’ll try to get you sorted out.

include as much detail as possible:

phone browser tablet macOS windows etc...

On 6/21/2020 at 6:06 PM, SC Grizz said:

I have not missed more than a day of work either, however perspective is critical.

These guys did not have any control over whether they worked or not.

Agreed, but my statement is in the future when they come back this summer (play or don’t come back is my opinion) if they are not allowed then it on whoever makes that decision.

18 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I haven’t noticed anything off...

is it still happening on your end?

pm me or any other mod and we’ll try to get you sorted out.

include as much detail as possible:

phone browser tablet macOS windows etc...

I thought it was just my IOS phone, but it bounces on my work computer (windows) as well. It's been doing it for at least 2 months.

Basically, 90% of the time I click on a thread, the screen bounces from several posts (up and down kinda thing) until settling on the latest. It seems to do it more with posts that have copied info or pics.

It's slightly annoying, but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of life. I was just curious if it was just me, or was it happening to anyone else. I appreciate the offer to help, but I'll be fine.

Thanks

I hope it doesn't get cancelled