I❤️JV

ZION INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT (ZIT)

Sooo.....not 16 or 30 teams...not even NBA world cup....we are getting ZIT....Zion and one as 3J getting his 4th foul in 2nd quarter...and we are out ....or maybe it's Dame from the logo waiving us goodbye...we are done... robed and crying foul...our magical season is over in a magical kingdom.... and all is left are ashes ...

OR MAYBE NOT....

Lets see what exactly 22 team ZIT really is.

1. 16 current playoff teams + 5  west teams + Wizards 

2 We play our remaining 7 games and everyone is at 72 games....so what's next? 

3. Most likely WE ARE THE 14TH SEED ...in a 22 team league....so no matter what we are in the playoffs....only 15th and 16th seeds Nets and Magic who has no stars will play Zion and Dame and unless KD plays...Nets and Magic are done... robed and crying foul...

4 We get the Raptors in R1 and JV will murder them...as revenge is a dish best served cold....

5 LeBron will get Zion in R1 and Giannis will get Dame.

6. Why is there no conferencies ? because in 22 team league where only 9 teams are from the east...you can't do it and be fair....sooo after everyone got 72 games top 14 teams are in and the other 8 fight (whatever format) for the last 2 spots....

This is my logical conclusion of what i think....maybe i am completely off....but somehow i don't think i am.  

the only thing I CARE about is if were in the play-off . I will order a play-off shirt 

It is noteworthy that our disadvantage of having the most difficult remaining schedule is somewhat negated now, as the remaining teams are much better than the teams the likes of Pelicans/Blazers would have had to play. I think this is fair enough that I'm ok with the format, though I'd prefer if it were just 20 teams and would accomplish the same thing.

6 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

3. Most likely WE ARE THE 14TH SEED ...in a 22 team league....so no matter what we are in the playoffs....only 15th and 16th seeds Nets and Magic who has no stars will play Zion and Dame and unless KD plays...Nets and Magic are done... robed and crying foul...

completely overlooked this... in my mind I had us as the 8th seed - in the west. Without conferences things look a lot better.

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

It is noteworthy that our disadvantage of having the most difficult remaining schedule is somewhat negated now, as the remaining teams are much better than the teams the likes of Pelicans/Blazers would have had to play. I think this is fair enough that I'm ok with the format, though I'd prefer if it were just 20 teams and would accomplish the same thing.

Strength of schedule is another thing...

throw.it.up.already.

lets gooooo!

19 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I don't mind we play Toronto or the Kazaksthan if they get invited. I just want to see our team play !!!

I agree.  We are going to have to play well to advance ... regardless of the matchup.  It will be a good experience for our young team.  Who knows, we might be the hot team in all of this.  Someone will be.  It's better to not be afraid of any team ... let them be afraid of playing us.

Just realised something....6 non playoff teams will only get a chance at 16 seed and that is it...why not 15 and 16?....i am glad you asked....it should be because they only need a chance and do not deserve more than 1....but really it's about LeBron....or precisely about unintended consequences to LeBron....imagine that 15th seed is the play in tourney winner and the hottest team  in the NBA... Dame...Zion...or the whitewakers of San Antonio...even Suns (just joking)...so that hot team gets Lebron in R1...can you imagine what would happen if LeBron lost in R1 to an "undeserving" team?....Talking heads going crazy...no battle of LA...TV rankings going into the toilet...to create ZIT and lose LeBron because of it....NIGHTMARE....what about the Bucks you ask who will have the pleasure as number 1 seed to play that hot team?...well ...small market... flyover state...Superstar who is a foreigner and if lost in R1 won't sign his max extension...and might be a Warrior or the Laker in a free agency?...and everyone knows that a small market team can't have nice things....this is intended consequence to all small market teams...so they would know their proper place.

Finally (and if all moderators think this is  inappropriate feel free to delete it).

There is no such thing as "I am not a racist"....you either racist or anti-racist...because “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”...SO..... DO SOMETHING....because without JUSTICE there will never be PEACE....

I think it should go straight to a 16 teams regardless of conference Playoffs,  but with 3 teams playing in series to fight for the 14th-16th places, Grizzlies x Kings for the 14th , Nets x Pelicans for the 15th and Magic x Blazers for the 16th.

13 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I think it should go straight to a 16 teams regardless of conference Playoffs,  but with 3 teams playing in series to fight for the 14th-16th places, Grizzlies x Kings for the 14th , Nets x Pelicans for the 15th and Magic x Blazers for the 16th.

this is a nightmare scenario for us ...hope it's not happening.

Then reseed it 1-20.  We would be the 14th seed and would play the Raptors.  Let 15 and 16 be in the ZIT with the Pels, Kings, Spurs and Blazers.

The league should want Luka and Ja ALONG WITH Zion in the playoffs this year.  

The local paper thought that Grizz vs. Lakers would be one heck of a matchup.  I agree.  

They also think that whatever happens that the Grizz will get the short end of the stick.  I agree.  Oh well.  

We gotta play somebody though and I am not gonna bet against Ja Morant.  

On 5/31/2020 at 3:19 PM, Ja_Rules said:

That makes most sense to me 

Let's go.  Whatever is decided is great.  Ask no quarter.  Give no quarter.  Bring it!  Go Grizzlies!!!

Going to be weird seeing the Grizz playing in July/august but I love it. I wonder if 2k will delay the next game?

Have they said anything about a draft date yet?

4 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Going to be weird seeing the Grizz playing in July/august but I love it. I wonder if 2k will delay the next game?

Have they said anything about a draft date yet?

The expectation is that the NBA draft and the opening of free agency would follow in sequential order in October, sources said.

Per the athletic the 8 seed will have a significant advantage in the play in round

https://theathletic.com/1852061/2020/06/03/sources-reveal-details-of-adam-silvers-proposal-of-22-team-nba-restart-plan?source=user-shared-article

The play-in tournament would work as follows, according to sources: If the ninth seed is more than four games behind the eighth seed, the eighth seed earns the playoff spot; if the ninth seed is four or fewer games behind, then the eighth and ninth seed will enter a play-in tournament that is double-elimination for the eighth seed and single-elimination for ninth. ESPN first reported the league was working on 22-team models.

SIgh we are so unlucky I'm angry at this but excited at the same time.

F it lets go show the NBA we are the team of the future.

It's a relatively good outcome for Memphis, if they are indeed set on doing the play-in this way.

We are already 3.5 up, if we finish 4 or more ahead, the 8th is ours regardless. Schedule was tough for us to close and easy for everyone else, now those teams will have to play nothing but playoff teams as well so it balances out more. Also if we are the 8th team and don't finish 4 ahead, we play the 9th seed but have to lose 2 times, vs only once for the 9th place team.

About as good of an outcome as Memphis could expect, based on the modified end of the season.

17 minutes ago, Greater Memphis Grind said:

It's a relatively good outcome for Memphis, if they are indeed set on doing the play-in this way.

We are already 3.5 up, if we finish 4 or more ahead, the 8th is ours regardless. Schedule was tough for us to close and easy for everyone else, now those teams will have to play nothing but playoff teams as well so it balances out more. Also if we are the 8th team and don't finish 4 ahead, we play the 9th seed but have to lose 2 times, vs only once for the 9th place team.

About as good of an outcome as Memphis could expect, based on the modified end of the season.

My guess 13 "good" teams will play 8 games against each other and 9 "bad" teams will play each other once....we need probably 2 wins out of 8 to be 8th seed ....easy....and 1 win out of 2 in play in....our chances are better than if we played full 82....so IMO it's fair...ish.