I❤️JV

LAKERS OR RAPTORS

Do we want Lakers or Raptors in R1?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want Lakers or Raptors in R1?

There is a possibility (rumor)  that we will start 16 playoffs teams in one bracket in Orlando without east/west conferences....so do we like it or not? Do we want to beat LeBron or Raptors in R1?

Lakers.  I’ve been wanting to play them for months after I started to make “push for the playoffs” posts.  I want to see our bigs go at theirs and I wanna see what Ja can do against their point guards.  Maybe Winslow and Clarke can slow down LeBron.  

Raptors might be a tough matchup too.  Ja vs. Lowry would be super cool though.  

I would hate to lose to Big Marc.  

I have the Lakers and Raptors as two of the top 3 teams going into the playoffs (along with the Bucks).  I have us and the Rockets as the two “wild card” teams since we are highly variable and can get out and run.  

If we play the Raps in the first round then we both have to wear our throwback uniforms.  

I think East teams should play East teams and West teams should play West teams.   

East playoffs in Orlando. West playoffs in Las Vegas with the highest win team getting “home court advantage (Las Vegas or Orlando)” in the Finals.

I'll go Raptors so I can watch Marc play

I would say Raptors simply because they are not as good as the Lakers. They're no pushover by any stretch and we still likely lose, but we have a slightly better chance of winning. Plus the storylines are better with JV vs Toronto, Marc vs the Grizzlies. Jaren and Brandon match up well against Pascal. Lowry is a very good defender, but he could struggle to match the speed of Ja, though I can see Ja struggling against him on the other end. Dillon has a lot of size on Van Vleet if they start him, and even on Powell, but he'll have to come to play. Justise or Brandon vs Anunoby is a solid matchup as well. 

Raptors hands down. Lowry vs Morant, JV ca Marc, JJJ vs Siakam, all would be fun to watch games.

On 5/23/2020 at 3:18 PM, I❤️JV said:

There is a possibility (rumor)  that we will start 16 playoffs teams in one bracket in Orlando without east/west conferences....so do we like it or not? Do we want to beat LeBron or Raptors in R1?

Raptors for sure but the NBA should have gone to top 16 teams regardless of conference (or just do away with conferences altogether) years ago. All teams have private planes so travel is not an issue. In the past 20 years or so, more often than not, the better teams have been in teh West while teams under .500 are making the playoffs in the East,

If there was ever a time to change the status quo, shift the paradigm or get out of the box, it's now. Same for the NCAA and their archaic rules.  

I would be so happy to see the Grizzlies vs the Raptors

17 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I would be so happy to see the Grizzlies vs the Raptors

Yeah it would be the first time we saw Marc as a Raptor and in the playoffs.  Excited already

We won't get embarrassed by the Raptors.  Probably won't take them but not embarrassed. 

8 hours ago, Dwash said:

We won't get embarrassed by the Raptors.  Probably won't take them but not embarrassed. 

If we play the Raptors and Marc AND Kyle are out of shape then WE should be in good shape.

I think the first round should be extended, best of 14 or 20 so other teams wont have to play meaningless games and it gives them time to get in playing shape, or better playing shape I guess

18 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

If we play the Raptors and Marc AND Kyle are out of shape then WE should be in good shape.

I would love to see the Grizzlies play a OLD Marc and Kyle Raptors team 

4 hours ago, lions said:

I would love to see the Grizzlies play a OLD Marc and Kyle Raptors team 

Marc could be at 375 lbs. at this point.  Who knows....

I’m gonna go the other route...

Grizz vs Lakers 

As many seem to agree that we really can’t expect to beat either team in the playoffs THIS year- gimme LeBron , the Brow and whoever else they have.

The amount of experience our guys will get immediately will only help us in the long run. Expect to get beat up and learn how to dish out a couple shots too.

For continuity purposes: Lakers.  Otherwise, wow, I don't care.  We haven't played either in the playoffs before.  Both teams offer intriguing matchups and look to be the main title contenders (along with Milwaukee).  

I DO NOT think the NBA should tweak the playoff format.

Shoving Zion Williamson down our throats isn't a good look either. 

The NBA guys on the REAL GM Forums thinks this thing is getting absurd and that they need to get this season (basically playoffs) going soon.  If not, you run up against the NFL season.  

Are we even sure Zion is in shape???  

Save Zion for next year.

Oh, if THEY bring in four extra teams just to tick us off and we LOSE the play-in round we LOSE our ping pong balls right?  Even though we technically didn't make it into the TOP EIGHT of the West playoffs.  What?  If we don't get to face the Lakers or Raptors in the "first round" or whatever round that is gonna turn into then I want my 4% or 5% (or slightly better) chance at getting into the top 6 and keeping our pick.  

Our guys need to be crazy enough to believe they can beat anyone and go out there to prove all the "experts" wrong.  Compete every possession, play with confidence, and let the chips fall where they may.

I hope they crush the Pelicans dreams 

On 6/6/2020 at 5:55 PM, grizzgolf said:

I hope they crush the Pelicans dreams 

I slick want to see Dame miss out too.  

On 6/8/2020 at 10:44 AM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I slick want to see Dame miss out too.  

Pelicans fans have been talking a lot of crap about Memphis as on late on Twitter. I hope we murder them. 

On 6/9/2020 at 7:05 PM, grizzgolf said:

Pelicans fans have been talking a lot of crap about Memphis as on late on Twitter. I hope we murder them. 

Ikr, they've been strutting around like they belong in the playoffs