• Jacksonville
    • Montreal
    • Las Vegas
    • Mexico City
    • Louisville
    • Vancouver
    • Kansas City
    • Seattle

As NBA losing Billions atm...one idea is to get 2 more expansion teams...that would give about 4 billions to current teams to share....but which city do you think deserves it the most?

I feel the N.B.A needs to get rid of 3/5 teams the league is to Waterdown 

the only time I see on that list would be seattle  the seattle SUPER GRIZZLIES sound great 

22 minutes ago, lions said:

the only time I see on that list would be seattle  the seattle SUPER GRIZZLIES sound great 

are you saying you want Grizz moved to Seattle?...if you think that... please do not say it aloud...if you do that you will never make 6000 posts and HOF title due to suspension.

p.s. even if you hear on tv that drinking Dettol and Lysol can cure/protect from COVID-19...it's not 100% proven yet..so i suggest waiting a bit before we get more information.

Well, personally i feel the league needs to contract some as opposed to expanding but I understand they may be trying to get new franchise fees to boost everyone's revenues and I'm sure Pera would love to see that.

If that does happen, I would like to see 2 cities out West rewarded teams allowing the Grizz to move to the Eastern conference (although I'm sure N.O. and Minny would think they should move to the East as well) I don't really care what 2 cities but I would make things right with Seattle and Vancouver first. Both beautiful cities, Seattle desperately wants another NBA team and a large rabid sports fanbase there to support it, not sure I could say the same about Vancouver.  So I would definitely say Seattle and then the second team, ehh, from this list:

1. Kansas City

2. St. Louis- it's west of the MS River so you could throw them in the West but I went to grad school there for a couple of years and it didn't seem to be too many NBA fans, mostly baseball and football people. 

3. Montreal/Mexico City- It would be nice to have another international city but would there be enough interest in either city?

If they get rid of conferences (which i think they should), I would heavily consider Pittsburgh and maybe Louisville. 

I read an article about this about 2 days ago...

that same article mentioned that Pera something something stuff a few years ago ... source was Ron-Ron so yeah. Anybody else see that?

And as for the op -> if Seattle doesn’t get the first new squad ... 

Seattle needs a team, mostly so the rumors of us moving up there will go away. 

As for the other team, Kansas City or St. Louis is the next most likely, and certainly there needs to be another team other than OKC for the entire area. Honestly don't hate the idea of them splitting time between both cities.

I certainly get the appeal of a Mexico City team, but I'm not sure if they can get players to want to live there. I think just playing a game or two there is more likely than a full team. 

I assume Seattle would get a team before anyone else BUTTTTTTTTT Vegas would be the city I would want to see with a team 

If we move I heard the rumor was Las Vegas.   

The league needs $$$$$ and a bigger/better TV deal.  Anything less and the NBA could be headed the way of the ABA/Soviet Union/WCW/Liberty Land.  

Maybe do FOUR teams.  But more games in division and in conference.  Maybe you only play out of conference teams every other year at home.  

Kansas City should probably get an expansion teams based on geography.  Austin TX or Tampa. Or Pittsburg.  Western expansion teams: two of Seattle, Vancouver BC, Las Vegas, San Jose and San Diego.  Do a California Division.

Each expansion team pays in a billion or two.  Split that money 30 ways.  So if they expand by 4 teams that could be up to $8 billion coming in. Or, do $2.5 billion.  $1.5 billion up front then the other billion paid out over a few years.  That’s what?  $333 million per team?  TV ratings would go up (4 new markets) and the new teams would have awesome attendance numbers.  Yeah there would be fewer “LeBrons” to go around but he is gonna retire anyway — might as well build a league around “quantity” as opposed to quality based around regional rivalries.  Lots of basketball talent out there.  In all leagues and globally.  Probably two or three times as much as during the Magic/Bird/Mike “golden age”.  Move the expansion teams down the lotto big board (5-8) which would help the current “bad teams”.  

Maybe you play division rivals 4 times, other conference teams twice and out of conference foes once per year.  Maybe that’s a 64 or 68 game season.     

Top 6 playoff teams in each conference get byes.  Teams from 7-10 rankings play 3 game mini-playoffs.  

New G League teams (with NBA expansion affiliates) go to cities who just lost out on the NBA expansion sweepstakes. What about Vancouver BC, San Jose, St. Louis and Nashville as they G League affiliates for Seattle, San Diego, Kansas City and Louisville.  New Orleans and Portland get G League teams (Baton Rouge? Tacoma?).  Move a G League team to Buffalo (Knicks or Nets affiliate).  The G League might have lots of upside if they play their cards right.  Maybe the G League does the in-season tournament thing.  

Maybe on a “star” basis you market 9 or 10 guys (or more) instead of a top guy (Shaq. Or Kobe. Or LeBron.) or a Big Three (MJ/Bird/Magic).  Market Ja and Zion and Luka and Trae and Tatum and RJ Barrett and Wiseman and LaMelo Ball and those guys (once they can take over for Giannis).

12 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

How many players do the allow you to protect in an expansion draft?

The last two times (1995 and 2004) teams could protect up to 8 players under contract or who were RFAs.

13 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

• Which Players Would Every NBA Team Protect in an Expansion Draft?
  • https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890980-which-players-would-every-nba-team-protect-in-an-expansion-draft
  • - Teams can protect up to eight players (including restricted free agents).
    - Teams must expose at least one player who cannot become a free agent that summer (either by option or early termination).
    - Pending unrestricted free agents are not eligible.
    - A pending restricted free agent becomes unrestricted if selected and cannot re-sign with their original team.
    - No team can lose more than one player in an expansion draft.
    - If a team's player is selected, they receive a trade exception in return if they're over the salary cap.
    - Teams can "compensate expansion teams (usually with draft picks) in exchange for selecting or not selecting particular players."

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Mike Conley in shambles.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, fanboyslim said:

The last two times (1995 and 2004) teams could protect up to 8 players under contract or who were RFAs.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:50 AM, I❤️JV said:
  • Which Players Would Every NBA Team Protect in an Expansion Draft?
  • https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890980-which-players-would-every-nba-team-protect-in-an-expansion-draft
  • - Teams can protect up to eight players (including restricted free agents).
    - Teams must expose at least one player who cannot become a free agent that summer (either by option or early termination).
    - Pending unrestricted free agents are not eligible.
    - A pending restricted free agent becomes unrestricted if selected and cannot re-sign with their original team.
    - No team can lose more than one player in an expansion draft.
    - If a team's player is selected, they receive a trade exception in return if they're over the salary cap.
    - Teams can "compensate expansion teams (usually with draft picks) in exchange for selecting or not selecting particular players."

Thanks.  Good info.  Which 8 should get protected?  Obviously Morant, Jackson Jr.  How about after them?  JV?  BC?  DB?  What about Tyus, De'Anthony, Josh, & Winslow?  

15 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Thanks.  Good info.  Which 8 should get protected?  Obviously Morant, Jackson Jr.  How about after them?  JV?  BC?  DB?  What about Tyus, De'Anthony, Josh, & Winslow?  

I guess we would leave Josh Jackson unprotected in that scenario.

27 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I guess we would leave Josh Jackson unprotected in that scenario.

Can't as Josh is a free agent.

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Can't as Josh is a free agent.

Wasn't sure. That was one of the players in the scenario.  In that case, I guess Grayson Allen.  He's a solid rotation player but there are some other players on this roster who are either younger or cheaper.  The young/cheap guys tend to get protected in expansion drafts.