Sign in to follow this  
tangogriz

Let's Talk About The Bozo Driving This Bus

47 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

I own a handgun. I don't think its just wingnuts who are now worried about the future.

America has a serious problem. Extremist militia members swim in a vast ocean of standardized wingnut hate speech.

Politicos have always insulted each other, but Newt Gingrich made it part of the Republican standard operating procedure. Gingrich was the Speaker of the US House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999.  Beginning in the 1980s, he sent out papers and tapes instructing fellow wingnuts how to label Democrats.

According to one of Newt’s GOPAC documents sent to Republican members of Congress, wingnuts should use these words:

"decay, failure (fail) collapse(ing) deeper, crisis, urgent(cy), destructive, destroy, sick, pathetic, lie, liberal, they/them, unionized bureaucracy, "compassion" is not enough, betray, consequences, limit(s), shallow, traitors, sensationalists, endanger, coercion, hypocricy, radical, threaten, devour, waste, corruption, incompetent, permissive attitude, destructive, impose, self-serving, greed, ideological, insecure, anti-(issue): flag, family, child, jobs; pessimistic, excuses, intolerant, stagnation, welfare, corrupt, selfish, insensitive, status quo, mandate(s) taxes, spend (ing) shame, disgrace, punish (poor...) bizarre, cynicism, cheat, steal, abuse of power, machine, bosses, obsolete, criminal rights, red tape, patronage."

These are 30 year old, poll-generated words for a standard script. They are everywhere now. And yet wingnuts say that Democrats are hatemongers.

Weak-minded, wingnut, junior militiamen grow up hearing Democrats called "destructive", "sick", "pathetic" "traitors." And the've heard it over and over again because of the mountain of media and money behind bend-over-for-big-business conservatives.

There's an entire generation of Americans who take it for granted that Democrats are anti-family, anti-child and anti-jobs. Its just another con job so that the current crop of upper-1-percenters can divert attention while they gorge and grab whatever's not nailed down.

Its ironic that militiamen believe they are soldiers protecting the country, but in reality they are brain-washed, diversionary pawns that cover for gluttons like Trump who fatten on their labor.

Just look at what Trump did on taxes. He promised a middle-class tax cut and promised that he and the rich would not profit. What happened? The middle-class got a small cut while the upper-1-percenters got a massive cut and corporations got big breaks.

Wingnut media leads their followers to fear that Democrats bring the new world order. Wake up wingnuts. You are adding to the power of the thing you dread. Religious fundamentalist may soon have control of the Supreme Court. Wingnuts may think thats a good thing but those fundamentalists are indebted to a corporate power structure. Already, the court has ruled that corporations under the law are, in political payout ways, the same as people. Along with other rulings this allows unlimited, hidden, corporate political donations. Do you wingnuts see how this can turn against you?

Universal religions and global corporations _are_ the seas in which the wingnuts swim. There's still some clean air above.

TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM.

First of all, miltia's, until the past few decades, were not always seen as a bad thing. Historically they were an important part of each states protection and enforcement of law. Even today some militia's exist strictly as disaster prepardness. The definition has become muddy, but understandably so. Still, they are not race or politically defined. There are milita groups of different races. NFAC has garnered some recent publicity, for example. According to the southern poverty law center, there are 264 black separatist groups, which many, most, or all of could probably meet the modern definition of "militia". Is NFAC an extremist group? Heck yes.

Democrats viewed as anti family? Golly gee, I wonder why. Look at BLM. The founders call for the end of the nuclear family. That, my friend, is anti family. Look at the abortion issue. An overwheming majority of Americans are not totally against it, but do believe it has went too far. We are living in the 21st century, where even children can get birth control without parental consent, yet over half of all black pregnacies in NYC end in abortion. That is barbaric, and most would agree if it wasn't such a political lightning rod for politicians. There is a big difference between the ability for a woman to have an abortion and abortion abuse. 

The U.S. had some of the highest corporate taxes in the world. Everyone is in agreement that we needed to bring more jobs back to the U.S. To do so, it had to be made less penalizing for the corporations. It should be a no-brainer that in order to compete, U.S. companies can't grow AND be the most taxed companies in the world. 

POLITICAL CORRUPTION my friend. As long as Americans are complaining about democrats or republicans, the political corruption continues. Embrace an issue, not a political party. They are just using you. Just ask yourself, by supporting a party, how much are you ignoring? Be honest. 

If Biden was an independant, he would be universally laughed off and ignored. Imagine any other presidential candidate in American history telling reporters that he would answer an important question AFTER the election because they would only report about it if he answered now. Completely insane. Don't drink the kool aid. Stick to issues and honesty. What do you believe are the greatest threats to our country? YOU, not the DNC. For me, it's the CCP. That is why I voted for Trump. Do me a favor and start looking into the CCP's plans and the actions they take against their own people and the world. I don't care what party a politician belongs to. If they have a plan to combat what I view as the largest threat to the world, I'm with them.

On 10/10/2020 at 7:40 PM, Father Pat said:

(the message above one)

I assume that you don't vote... except for school board or something else where folks don't declare parties. Its like saying you refuse to use money and will only honor the barter system. There are many problems with the party system but that's how humans get things done. Without parties there would be chaos. My guess is that you do vote and its for Republicans. If it makes you feel better to believe that folks who vote Democrat don't think about the issues, go right ahead. We understand.

I don't know what BLM family policy you talk about because it is way out there on the fringe and doesn't deserve serious discussion.

Why can't Trump give a heavy-duty, hardcore condemnation of the white thug clubs?

Many of your arguments are kinda like the President's deflections. For instance, on the Charlottesville violence, reporters ask him to denounce the Nazis and the murderer so Trump starts talking about all the fine racists, er I mean people, that were there just to protest the statue removals. Briefly he mentioned that Nazis and murder are bad. Its gotten worse. He doesn't want to offend the thugs, because he wants their help.

Right now, right here, there is imminent danger from gangs of white supremisists. That is mainly caused by Trump's encouragement.

I know folks with your opinions. The facts are right in front of them but they have some  explanation that depends on a self contradictory belief system: the intel agencies are good but they all got it wrong on the Russia Hoax, the FBI is good but they've got it backassward on the kidnapping plot.

The answer to the abortion issue is in your statement. Even now in the 21st century, wingnuts are fighting against birth control education and family planning. If wingnuts honestly wanted to greatly reduce abortions they would favor full funding for early education and free or low cost birth control options. They don't, because the policy is set by the religious institution. Its not a values issue. Its a population issue. Religions are still running the ancient population race. There are billions of humans that follow the 3 universal religions because over time those religions were the best at aquiring new members. Children are the easiest means so usually they oppose policies that reduce the birth rate. The big 3 got there by, on some issues, favoring rules that put the growth of the institution above the well-being of its individual members. The proof is that wingnuts do not place a high voting prority on policies to improve the environment of children in poverty. They don't strongly oppose mistreatment of kids at our southern border. They didn't protest Trump's treachery in leaving Kurdish families with children running for their lives.

We are not going to war with China so we have to fight that terrible system by getting together with other countries to pressure them when and where we can. It should be obvious by now that Trump has no grand plan against China. Its a moment-by-moment policy dictated by politics not principle. Whipping up on China diverts attention from Russia. Trump kisses Putin's backside while Russia does what you list for China. Russia harms its citizens, bullies and invades its neighbors, assassinates opponents, attacks our elections and undermines our world leadership. It seems to me that you should be arguing to get all American businesses out of China. You are not. There is no going back. We are too heavily invested in each other. China is the long term threat but Russia is threatening now.

For the wealthy, the stated income tax rate is not the actual rate paid because of the bus load of loop holes. Now its worse with Bozo driving the bus. Even so,  we will eventially see Bozo's finances. If Republicans cared more about the country than they do about winning, before he became the nominee, they would have forced Bozo to disclose like everyone else.

Its smart politics for Biden not to take a stand on the packing-the-court issue. It puts pressure on the 2-faced Republicans. You should be upset that Trump's last appointment was a serial sexual predator as a young man and this next one has been hiding her "Handmaid" mentality.

I fear most the greedy. There are some folks who want everything that they can get their hands on. I used to fear a great crash caused by greed like the one at the end of the Bush administration. Well, we printed money like crazy and made it through what could have been another Great Depression. Now, my greatest fear for this country is a totalitarian takeover like the one being plotted in the Whitehouse right now.

18 hours ago, tangogriz said:

I assume that you don't vote...

I have voted for democrats, republicans, independents, and have written in names a couple of times. That assumption highlights your problem; you think in extremes. It also fails to address the truth of being all in for a party requires one to be willfully ignorant of the failings of that party. Read your answers and tell me that you don't see your deflections based on assumptions. In a nut shell you are assuming things about others for the simple fact of someone NOT voting democrat.

I'll tell you something about the "intel" agencies. The general public doesn't know squat about them. For example, the CIA exists mostly for the advantage of the CIA. They murdered my former commanding officer. Most have no idea about them.

Here's the deal; there was, is, and always will be a "boogie man". That is to divert public attention. Ask yourself how many times have the "intel" agencies warned about this or that, yet failed to know about or stop any of the major happenings? Funny how that is. Who was the major threat Dec. 6th, 1941? Who was the major threat Sept. 10th, 2001? There are more examples less profound. You only know what they want you to know.

If you want to blindly follow politicians and repeat what they want you to repeat, that is up to you. Many do. As long as you see only democrats and "wingnuts", they have you right where they want you.

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

Bush was warned ahead of time about 9/11 and ignored it.  And then, his boss, crooked d!ck cheney made a fortune on invading Iraq, etc.

No screaming eagle crap. Just as FDR was warned about Japan. Those facts have nothing to do with the point. Who (or what) was the "boogie man" the day before. It sure as heck wasn't Japan or Al-Qaeda.

On 10/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, tangogriz said:

I own a handgun. I don't think its just wingnuts who are now worried about the future.

America has a serious problem. Extremist militia members swim in a vast ocean of standardized wingnut hate speech.

Politicos have always insulted each other, but Newt Gingrich made it part of the Republican standard operating procedure. Gingrich was the Speaker of the US House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999.  Beginning in the 1980s, he sent out papers and tapes instructing fellow wingnuts how to label Democrats.

According to one of Newt’s GOPAC documents sent to Republican members of Congress, wingnuts should use these words:

"decay, failure (fail) collapse(ing) deeper, crisis, urgent(cy), destructive, destroy, sick, pathetic, lie, liberal, they/them, unionized bureaucracy, "compassion" is not enough, betray, consequences, limit(s), shallow, traitors, sensationalists, endanger, coercion, hypocricy, radical, threaten, devour, waste, corruption, incompetent, permissive attitude, destructive, impose, self-serving, greed, ideological, insecure, anti-(issue): flag, family, child, jobs; pessimistic, excuses, intolerant, stagnation, welfare, corrupt, selfish, insensitive, status quo, mandate(s) taxes, spend (ing) shame, disgrace, punish (poor...) bizarre, cynicism, cheat, steal, abuse of power, machine, bosses, obsolete, criminal rights, red tape, patronage."

These are 30 year old, poll-generated words for a standard script. They are everywhere now. And yet wingnuts say that Democrats are hatemongers.

Weak-minded, wingnut, junior militiamen grow up hearing Democrats called "destructive", "sick", "pathetic" "traitors." And the've heard it over and over again because of the mountain of media and money behind bend-over-for-big-business conservatives.

There's an entire generation of Americans who take it for granted that Democrats are anti-family, anti-child and anti-jobs. Its just another con job so that the current crop of upper-1-percenters can divert attention while they gorge and grab whatever's not nailed down.

Its ironic that militiamen believe they are soldiers protecting the country, but in reality they are brain-washed, diversionary pawns that cover for gluttons like Trump who fatten on their labor.

Just look at what Trump did on taxes. He promised a middle-class tax cut and promised that he and the rich would not profit. What happened? The middle-class got a small cut while the upper-1-percenters got a massive cut and corporations got big breaks.

Wingnut media leads their followers to fear that Democrats bring the new world order. Wake up wingnuts. You are adding to the power of the thing you dread. Religious fundamentalist may soon have control of the Supreme Court. Wingnuts may think thats a good thing but those fundamentalists are indebted to a corporate power structure. Already, the court has ruled that corporations under the law are, in political payout ways, the same as people. Along with other rulings this allows unlimited, hidden, corporate political donations. Do you wingnuts see how this can turn against you?

Universal religions and global corporations _are_ the seas in which the wingnuts swim. There's still some clean air above.

It started well before Newt.  Or Lee Atwater.

How about Pat Buchanan??

A MUST READ:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a54275/charge-of-the-right-brigade/

17 hours ago, bhoyal said:

It started well before Newt.  Or Lee Atwater.

How about Pat Buchanan??

A MUST READ:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a54275/charge-of-the-right-brigade/

I remember those guys.

Its interesting how that article covers some of the intersections of Trump and Buchanan, ie The Central Park 5. I didn't realize that Buchanan called for lynching one of those innocent boys.

Atwater, who died from a brain tumor, apologized for some of his dirty deeds in helping to get Republicans elected.

I think Buchanan ran for President like 50 times. I used to watch The McLaughlin Group. He was a regular.

I don't think you have to know the show to find it funny but here's one of the best ever SNL spoofs of a TV show.

Buchanan had some kind words for Hitler:  

"an individual of great courage, a soldier's soldier in the Great War, a political organizer of the first rank, a leader steeped in the history of Europe, who possessed oratorical powers that could awe even those who despised him"

(1977)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twenty years ago, Donald Trump derided Republican Pat Buchanan as an anti-Semite, a racist and a homophobe. Now, as president, he quotes him.

READ ALL ABOUT IT:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/01/14/trump-quotes-pat-buchanan/2568197002/

I know that folks are concerned about corruption, so give a listen to some of the Democratic Senators at the Coney Barrett hearing. The big money is on the handmaid, so they are talking about the money and not so much about her clumsy evasions.

Here is an example from Rhode Island Senator Whitehouse:

Big polluters and other special interests are taking over US courts because wingnuts have made a deal with the devil. (Ok, Whitehouse didn't talk about the "devil.")

In order for the wingnuts to get their social issues:

get rid of Obama Care,
get rid of a woman's right to an abortion,
get rid of a gay's right to marry

they have joined forces with the dark money folks.

During the Chief Justice Roberts era, there were 80 cases about special interest power. They align with these catagories:

1. Unlimited dark money in politics
2. Diminish the use of the civil jury
3. Weaken regulatory agencies
4. Ignore voter suppression and extreme gerrymandering by states

The record on these cases is 80 to 0. The wingnuts won them all with a 5 to 4 vote where the 5 were always Republican judges.

Coney Barrett has lied about her public statements to cause Trump to choose her. She has hidden her involvement in extreme wingnut groups or causes.

If the wingnuts use the courts to move on these issues, don't be surprized if the Supreme Court is expanded to 11 members who have a defined number of years to serve.

The Senate wingnuts refused Obama's moderate judge a hearing for 10 months.
They refused to investigate credible charges against Kavanaugh,
and now this unprecedented, hypocritical Coney Barrett rush.

If the Supreme Court is changed, it will be the wingnuts who have caused it.

Have you ever thought about what ways you want to grow or change? What you can do to better yourself?

On 10/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, Father Pat said:

Have you ever thought about what ways you want to grow or change? What you can do to better yourself? 

Those are very interesting questions. What did I do to deserve such mistreatment?

I can't post personal info when many of my posts insult the thugs that live in my part of the country. I don't get paid enough.

I believe that you are a sincere person, so my first reaction is to ask myself, "Oh, s***t, what have I done?"

On the other hand, I assume this ties in with progressive versus conservative issues, ie. the "mommy state" Obamacare versus the current "wild west" healthcare system.

Be well.

The healthcare debate is an example of the right-left debate on many issues.

Covid testing is just one example, and I assume its going on now, but early on the same test could cost $80 or $1000 depending on circumstances. That's why some call the current healthcare system the "wild west."

I have a conservative friend whose whole political outlook may have changed because of a close encounter with the profiteering in the healthcare system.

Trump ran in 2016 on a platform of replacing Obamacare. For his first 2 years he had complete control of both houses of Congress. What happened? Why couldn't he replace it with his undefined, mysterious better system.

Maybe you hate the Clintons, lots of folks do, but beginning with Hillary's time as First Lady and then through to Obama, many of the best and the brightest tried to devise a system that would cover everyone equally. That's the test. How do you economically cover pre-existing conditions? Most of these folks didn't spend an adult lifetime smoking or over-eating. They lost the DNA lottery.

Here Trump lies. The entire Republican party lies. If they had a realistic solution, it would be all over the news. Its like Covid, their plan results in many deaths. They have weighed the deaths against the profits and find it acceptable. Let's look at the numbers. Let's see who wins. And let's see who loses. It ain't the upper 1 percenters that's for sure.

The earth is a spaceship governed by realistic, scientific laws. Its not a magic kingdom where those who follow the realm will get absolution for their sins, and thats true no matter how many Catholics sit on the Supreme Court.

I don't think progressives are talking about a revolution. Let's think a little further down the road. What does it mean to tweak the system to cover the DNA disadvantaged?

Is it false utopian thinking to incentivize a system that values individuals?

I am so happy. In cruising YOUTUBE I find that Oberman is back.

The "subsequent" Worst Person In The World can be named.

"Trump can not even get buying votes done correctly."

Keith, you are the man. I will be grinning for the next hour.

On 10/24/2020 at 1:35 AM, tangogriz said:

Those are very interesting questions. What did I do to deserve such mistreatment?

I can't post personal info when many of my posts insult the thugs that live in my part of the country. I don't get paid enough.

I believe that you are a sincere person, so my first reaction is to ask myself, "Oh, s***t, what have I done?"

On the other hand, I assume this ties in with progressive versus conservative issues, ie. the "mommy state" Obamacare versus the current "wild west" healthcare system.

Be well.

I must admit, I did not expect you to answer that question in the way that you did. I feel a little bad about it now, but hopefully you will look into it and work on it. (I'm being sincere, not attacking)

"Have you ever thought about what ways you want to grow or change?" is a question that most people have no problem with. Most people recognize the fact that they are flawed. We all are. We all have room for improvement as human beings. It is an easy thing for most people to quickly rattle off some things that they want to improve about themselves. A narcissist will answer that question by being bewildered, angry, or give a blatant false answer.

In your defense, there has been a narcissism explosion the last decade. I have a brother that is a narcissist. I had always just assumed that a narcissist was just someone with a big ego, but that is only a small part of it. A few years ago I was wondering why he acted the way he does, why would someone do the things that he does, so I looked into it. I had always just ignored the things he did because we often give family a pass with things. Anyway, he's a full blown narcissist. No doubt about it. 

For decades now, our country has been cultivating narcissists. The schools have been teaching children that they (the individual) are the centers of the universe. Just showing up "earns" a participation trophy. If parents discipline you, you are to call the cops or family services. On and on. Self sacrifice is no longer a virtue. When I was looking into it with regards to my brother, I also asked people that might know. Cops, Doctors, Nurses, Preachers, even a Nun. People that deal with others on a regular basis and have been around for a little while. I simply asked them if there are more narcissist today than ever before, or if they thought there was a narcissism explosion over the past few years, and every one I asked answered the same; an absolute "yes".

Anyway. Nothing personal. Do with it what you will. Hopefully you, me, and everyone, will always strive to be a better person.

God bless.

On 10/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, Father Pat said:

I must admit, I did not expect you to answer that question in the way that you did. I feel a little bad about it now, but hopefully you will look into it and work on it. (I'm being sincere, not attacking)

"Have you ever thought about what ways you want to grow or change?" is a question that most people have no problem with. Most people recognize the fact that they are flawed. We all are. We all have room for improvement as human beings. It is an easy thing for most people to quickly rattle off some things that they want to improve about themselves. A narcissist will answer that question by being bewildered, angry, or give a blatant false answer.

In your defense, there has been a narcissism explosion the last decade. I have a brother that is a narcissist. I had always just assumed that a narcissist was just someone with a big ego, but that is only a small part of it. A few years ago I was wondering why he acted the way he does, why would someone do the things that he does, so I looked into it. I had always just ignored the things he did because we often give family a pass with things. Anyway, he's a full blown narcissist. No doubt about it. 

For decades now, our country has been cultivating narcissists. The schools have been teaching children that they (the individual) are the centers of the universe. Just showing up "earns" a participation trophy. If parents discipline you, you are to call the cops or family services. On and on. Self sacrifice is no longer a virtue. When I was looking into it with regards to my brother, I also asked people that might know. Cops, Doctors, Nurses, Preachers, even a Nun. People that deal with others on a regular basis and have been around for a little while. I simply asked them if there are more narcissist today than ever before, or if they thought there was a narcissism explosion over the past few years, and every one I asked answered the same; an absolute "yes".

Anyway. Nothing personal. Do with it what you will. Hopefully you, me, and everyone, will always strive to be a better person.

God bless.

I hate that about your former commander and I'm sorry that you had a brother like Trump. I'm sure it was difficult.

Trump and the wingnuts are making moves in the courts and among extremists to hijack a fair election. For them, defeating the "mASSES" overrules the Constitution.

I tried to steer your question to healthcare because its a healthcare issue.
You never answered my earlier question, one that, with the latest developments in the courts is pretty important.

Is it OK for Trump to use the virus to keep control of the country?

Before this is over Trump will be responsible for many thousands of deaths of the gullible who believe him and the chain of others they infect. We could have smothered the virus early if we had a leader not a narcissist.

Trump confronts the virus like he does Putin, with cowardice. Leverage explains Putin. Does incompetence explain the virus? The other option is corruption. It would be important to know when Trump decided to encourage folks not to wear masks. Just imagine if early on we had worn masks and the admistration had flooded the country with funds for PPE and armies of contact tracers.

Why are some judges, including the Republicans on the Supreme Court, ignoring the virus and helping Trump. They're going to limit the vote counting while Trump's lackey running the Post Office slow walks the mail-in ballots.

Trump has encouraged his folks to vote in person. He knows that Democrats will ignore his lies, act responsibly and vote by mail.

This helps the wingnuts because a large number of folks from both parties make technical errors on the ballots. And because there will be a lot more Democrats using the mail, there will be a lot more Democratic votes discarded.

Trump has been lying about voting by mail for how long, about as long as he's been lying about the virus. Doesn't this qualify as evil? Won't people die?

Trump lied about the tax cuts.
He lied about having a healthcare plan.
He lied about showing his taxes (which would demonstrate his independence from outside pressure.)
He is obviously making lots of money from foreigners (which is expressly forbidden in the Constitution.)
Every time he speaks there is a long list of things that he lied about.
If he wasn't President he would have several prosecutions against him.
Our world leadership wanes every day he darkens the Whitehouse.
His courtship of white thugs clubs is vomit worthy. It's equalled though by his slavery to Putin.
Many of the folks who used to work for him say now that he is unfit to serve. (Before Trump this was unimagineable.)
Its too nauseating to continue.

Father Pat, you know about narcissists. How can you abide this Conman and Thief as our leader?