Sign in to follow this  
tangogriz

Let's Talk About The Bozo Driving This Bus

Recommended Posts

On 9/20/2020 at 1:20 PM, Father Pat said:

First I'd like to say that I believe you're a good guy Tango. I'm not trying to patronize you, just trying to let you know where I'm coming from. For the most part, I view communicating on this site as if I was talking to you face to face.

Just what the heck is "TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM" supposed to mean?

I appreciate our conversations and didn't feel patronized until you mentioned it. (just kidding)

On Friday, on the CDC website, was posted a statement about the aerosol spread of Covid. Experts have been talking about this for months. The political folks removed the posting pronto on Monday.

If the aerosol spread is true, that makes masks more important than ever. Trumpsters don't want to hear it. It appears that our leader wants to suppress knowledge about the ease of airborne transmission of the virus and the importance of masks. Why? Why has he devalued masks from the beginning?

Here in Arkansas there are anti-mask rallies. Some of the legislature are suing the Republican Governor over his mask mandate. This is in the name of freedom.

Spread of the virus will cause mostly older folks to die. At their rallies, they should be chanting,

"TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 3:52 PM, Father Pat said:

 

 The true and best path almost always is somewhere in between.

Are you old enough to remember a hit song on the radio in the 70's called "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" - ??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 6:54 PM, bhoyal said:

Are you old enough to remember a hit song on the radio in the 70's called "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" - ??

 

I'm from New York. They didn't play crap like that on the radio there back then.and call it a "hit". 

I also remember when I moved to the Memphis area in 2008. There was a guy running for congress in the democratic primary against rep. Cohen. He told the people of Memphis to vote their color. I remember thinking holy cow, people are going to go nuts over this obvious racist crap. Nope. Not a peep. Blatant racism and not one person in the media had the moral conviction to call it out. Shameful.

But then again, without morals their is no shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 7:54 PM, bhoyal said:

Are you old enough to remember a hit song on the radio in the 70's called "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" - ??

 

old country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: trump’s refusal to denounce KKK leader David Duke during the 2016 campaign and his determination that there were “very fine people” on both sides of a white supremacist demonstration in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017... but tonight on the debate stage broadcast live on a dozen national and worldwide networks, trump went to great lengths to avoid criticizing white supremacists.

Because he's one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 1:20 PM, Father Pat said:

First I'd like to say that I believe you're a good guy Tango. I'm not trying to patronize you, just trying to let you know where I'm coming from. For the most part, I view communicating on this site as if I was talking to you face to face.

Just what the heck is "TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM" supposed to mean?

That's a great question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bhoyal said:

re: trump’s refusal to denounce KKK leader David Duke during ...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do you mean to tell me that Trump has refused to denounce Louis Farrakhan, the ghost of Jesse James, AND David Duke???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WASHINGTON — Top officials with the Department of Homeland Security directed agency analysts to downplay threats from violent white supremacy. 

Re "stand back and standby," people who work in monitoring and de-radicalization and otherwise studying white power groups are sounding red alerts and sending emergency signals about increasing violence from now through the election, and after, regardless of winner.  This is a movement that has sought not only poll intimidation--although it has done that--but also major mass casualties. There is no reason to think that strategy will change.  We are talking about the movement responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing, the largest deliberate mass casualty on American soil between Pearl Harbor and 9/11. 

 

OKC_300.jpg?w=300&format=jpg&quality=87

 

Bottom line: trump is a racist and those who support him are also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Bottom line: trump is a racist and those who support him are also.

Feel better? Feel good inside? All warm and fuzzy?

Why is it that after decades of being in the public eye, Trump was never called a racist until he ran for political office? 

I really dislike defending Trump, but I have a bigger problem with people that manipulate and lie.

The largest single hate group in the U.S. is the black separtist group nation of islam. It is ten times larger than the KKK. Trump has never met with the leader of either group, but our former president has. Is Obama a racist? Would Trump be declared a racist if he met with the leader of a hate group?

ALL RACISM IS WRONG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it all makes sense, why, for a week before the debate, the wingnuts pointed the drug-use finger at Biden. Yes, someone on that stage looked like a drug user.

Another important wingnut pre-debate theme was Biden's mental incompetence. Supposedly, he spent most of his time in a wheelchair in his basement being spoon fed by his wife.

Well, even at the end of that intense spectacle, Biden looked and acted cool, in control and, most importantly, presidential. By the _middle_ of the debate, Trump looked and acted the opposite.

Was that other guy on stage really the President of the United States, the leader of the free world?

According to an undecided voter in Republican Frank Luntz's post-debate focus group, Trump was behaving like a "crackhead." And he looked like a drug user. He was hunched over, red faced and sweating profusely and he could not stop himself from interrupting.

In my life, the most memorable fight that I've witnessed goes way back to the schoolyard when a little guy got the best punches on a much larger bully. Trump tried to make the debate into a brawl. He wanted to break Biden, instead, he broke himself.

I believe that Trump's private, internal polling tells him the same as the public polling. Folks who are decided are firm in their choice.

The 2016 pollsters and forecasters made a mistake about which way the final-days, undecided voters would break. The majority went for Trump. For this election there are half as many undecideds. For weeks Republican experts have been saying that Trump had to  begin attracting these undecideds. Most of them are women. This debate was supposed to get some of those voters.

Do you think Trump was trying to appeal to undecided women? What does his performance mean?

He knows that if all votes are counted he will lose and face certain exposure of financial problems and Russian ties, plus the latest tax fraud issues.

So he didn't go after the undecideds, instead he played the tough guy and made a veiled appeal to violent white supremacist to "stand back and stay ready."

Wingnuts never tire of claiming that Democrats hate America and it's Constitution. But look at them. Look at their win-at-any-cost attitude. Look at their support of anti-constitutional voter suppression and Trump-led retoric to cancel mailin votes.

They don't care if Trump calls on violent mobs to keep power. They see the other side as mASSES so its all OK.

TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Feel better? Feel good inside? All warm and fuzzy?

Why is it that after decades of being in the public eye, Trump was never called a racist until he ran for political office? 

I really dislike defending Trump, but I have a bigger problem with people that manipulate and lie.

The largest single hate group in the U.S. is the black separtist group nation of islam. It is ten times larger than the KKK. Trump has never met with the leader of either group, but our former president has. Is Obama a racist? Would Trump be declared a racist if he met with the leader of a hate group?

ALL RACISM IS WRONG.

You have a very selective view of history.

Tump is President BECAUSE he is a racist or was willing to ride a racist lie into office.

He rose to Republican prominence by refusing, in the face of all evidence, to back down from the claim that Obama was not the real President because he was born in Kenya.

He owes his strength among the wingnuts to his devotion to Birtherism.

I guess you don't read real news or you would know about Trump's many 1989 full page ads calling for the death penalty against the Central Park Five. These black boys were later proven innocent and paid millions by the city. To this day Trump refuses to apologize for helping to create the atmosphere that led to their conviction.

Going further back, you have to go a ways to get the Feds to sue you, but in 1973 the Department of Justice sued Donald Trump and his father over racial discrimination in housing.

The root of racism and classism is money. But we humans do not want to face such facts so we create higher minded reasons.

Is the nation of Islam walking among peaceful protesters carrying semi-automatic rifles? Religions are not the same as clubs of thugs.

Even so, each of the universal religions is guilty. We are in the middle of a population explosion and a consequent global climate crisis. It threatens many of us, especially the weak. The universal religions should be speaking out and fighting for the future of the weak. Instead, they are actually doing the opposite. They are engaged in the ancient population race. They are making the problems worse.

TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chipc3 said:

That's a great question. 

Did my response to Father Pat not explain it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tangogriz said:

You have a very selective view of history.

Tump is President BECAUSE he is a racist or was willing to ride a racist lie into office.

He rose to Republican prominence by refusing, in the face of all evidence, to back down from the claim that Obama was not the real President because he was born in Kenya.

He owes his strength among the wingnuts to his devotion to Birtherism.

I guess you don't read real news or you would know about Trump's many 1989 full page ads calling for the death penalty against the Central Park Five. These black boys were later proven innocent and paid millions by the city. To this day Trump refuses to apologize for helping to create the atmosphere that led to their conviction.

Going further back, you have to go a ways to get the Feds to sue you, but in 1973 the Department of Justice sued Donald Trump and his father over racial discrimination in housing.

The root of racism and classism is money. But we humans do not want to face such facts so we create higher minded reasons.

Is the nation of Islam walking among peaceful protesters carrying semi-automatic rifles? Religions are not the same as clubs of thugs.

Even so, each of the universal religions is guilty. We are in the middle of a population explosion and a consequent global climate crisis. It threatens many of us, especially the weak. The universal religions should be speaking out and fighting for the future of the weak. Instead, they are actually doing the opposite. They are engaged in the ancient population race. They are making the problems worse.

TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM.

IMO Trump was not elected because of the birther claim. He was elected because the democrats produced a very flawed candidate and most of the people that voted for him were sick and tired of the usual political insiders of both parties. There is deep political corruption in both parties. I believe nearly everyone sees that but too many excuse it because they align themselves with one party or the other, so they ignore the corruption of their party.

According to the southern poverty law center, the nation of islam is a hate group, as is the kkk. If racists are peaceful protesters, they are still racists.

I somewhat agree with you about what you say of the universal religions. I believe it is not religion though, but the flawed human beings in charge of them. Religion has brought about most of the good aspects of humanity. It's where we get our good moral values from. I believe that what you are thinking of is more along the lines of religious extremism. 

Trump may be racist, but I honestly don't believe so. Personally, I never cared for him prior to 2016. What you said about him could be born from a racist heart or the callous stupidity of a wealthy arrogant person. I've seen both in my years many times from others, and I have also been fooled before as I tend to look for the good in others before assuming the worst. That is my failing I suppose. 

I don't agree with you about the root of racism. Classism and money are more akin than cause. I believe the cause is simply ignorance which allows for hatred. It's a very ugly thing. That is why I'm opposed to just throwing the word around when we don't know for sure. To be wrongly accused of a terrible thing is something we should not want for anyone.

I think you're a good guy Tango. If you're ever up near Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri be sure to let me know. I still don't get the take my granny thing, but after a few beers with you explaining I might figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Father Pat said:

 

The largest single hate group in the U.S. is the black separtist group nation of islam.

Talk about a manipulative lie...

REALITY:   

09/04/2020 05:45 PM EDT

White supremacists present the gravest terror threat to the United States, according to a draft report from the Department of Homeland Security.

Two later draft versions of the same document — all of which were reviewed by POLITICO — describe the threat from white supremacists in slightly different language. But all three drafts describe the threat from white supremacists as the deadliest domestic terror threat facing the U.S., listed above the immediate danger from foreign terrorist groups.

-------------------------------------------

....this analysis compiles and analyzes an original data set of 893 terrorist plots and attacks in the United States between January 1994 and May 2020.  First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020. 

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Father Pat said:

...

I think you're a good guy Tango. If you're ever up near Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri be sure to let me know. I still don't get the take my granny thing, but after a few beers with you explaining I might figure it out.

Yeah man. I love a really cold beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Talk about a manipulative lie...

REALITY:   

09/04/2020 05:45 PM EDT

White supremacists present the gravest terror threat to the United States, according to a draft report from the Department of Homeland Security.

Two later draft versions of the same document — all of which were reviewed by POLITICO — describe the threat from white supremacists in slightly different language. But all three drafts describe the threat from white supremacists as the deadliest domestic terror threat facing the U.S., listed above the immediate danger from foreign terrorist groups.

-------------------------------------------

....this analysis compiles and analyzes an original data set of 893 terrorist plots and attacks in the United States between January 1994 and May 2020.  First, far-right terrorism has significantly outpaced terrorism from other types of perpetrators, including from far-left networks and individuals inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. Right-wing attacks and plots account for the majority of all terrorist incidents in the United States since 1994, and the total number of right-wing attacks and plots has grown significantly during the past six years. Right-wing extremists perpetrated two thirds of the attacks and plots in the United States in 2019 and over 90 percent between January 1 and May 8, 2020. 

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

Not a lie. Not manipulation. According to the southern poverty law center, there are up to 50,000 members of the nation of islam and up to 5,000 members in the kkk. The nation of islam is in fact the largest single hate group in the U.S. according to the SPLC. Simple and straight forward. 50,000 is larger than 5,000.

If purple people made up 70% of a population and blue people made up 15% of the same population, would anyone be surprised that purple people accounted for 70% of the violence and blue people accounted for 15% in that population? Of course not. It's basic math that most children understand.

What you have posted has no context. "893 terrorist plots and attacks ...between January 1994 and May 2020" Thats an average of 34.35 PLOTS AND ATTACKS per year. How many attacks? If some lunatic spouts off on the web and gets arrested, that's a "plot", not an attack. By using two different statistics to make an overall point you are the one guilty of being manipulative.

On average, over the last decade an American is twice as likely to be struck by lightning than killed by a white supremacist. Heck, last year the city of Memphis saw more total black American murders than the whole country did of black American murders by white supremacists. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't blow up an office building in OKC, killing almost 200 innocent men, women, children.

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't go on a deadly shooting spree at the AME Emanuel Church in Charleston, with the hope to incite a “race war.”

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't launch an attack on Jewish institutions in the greater Kansas City area, opening fire at two institutions in a shooting spree that resulted in multiple deaths.

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't kill eleven congregants at a synagogue in Pittsburgh.

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't drive more than 11 hours through Texas to kill 22 mostly Hispanics at an El Paso Walmart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While there is no law against defending the white nationalist and anti-semitic racists via whatever co-enabling deflections you feel the need to make.  I happen to not join in on that bandwagon.  It's plenty full of people wearing red "maga" hats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't blow up an office building in OKC, killing almost 200 innocent men, women, children.

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't go on a deadly shooting spree at the AME Emanuel Church in Charleston, with the hope to incite a “race war.”

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't launch an attack on Jewish institutions in the greater Kansas City area, opening fire at two institutions in a shooting spree that resulted in multiple deaths.

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't kill eleven congregants at a synagogue in Pittsburgh.

Last time I checked the "Nation of Islam" didn't drive more than 11 hours through Texas to kill 22 mostly Hispanics at an El Paso Walmart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While there is no law against defending the white nationalist and anti-semitic racists via whatever co-enabling deflections you feel the need to make.  I happen to not join in on that bandwagon.  It's plenty full of people wearing red "maga" hats.

 

You really need to lose the hatred in your heart. Deflect all you want but you can't hide the truth that ALL RACISM IS WRONG.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While "all racism is bad" is correct, the pollyanna-ish false equivalence that it's "all the same thing" is a crock. 

I need to (cough-cough) "lose the hatred" - ??   I'm not the one blowing up office buildings and shooting up Walmarts and synagogues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bhoyal said:

 I'm not the one blowing up office buildings and shooting up Walmarts and synagogues.

Nor am I.

A little FYI; The OK city bomber did not belong to any hate group. The DC sniper (who was involved with 27 shootings) was a member of the nation of islam hate group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 8:37 AM, chipc3 said:

That's a great question. 

 

Trump and Co. plan to win on election night and then stop the counting. They want teams of lawyers in the courts and gangs of thugs in the streets.

They lie to get their followers to the polls. They say the virus risk is low and that we have turned the corner on infection.

Freedom is how they sell it. Death is the result.

TAKE MY GRANNY, NOT MY FREEDOM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

McVeigh was a member of violent anti-government far-right fringe militias.

Duh.

 

Dang. You need to correct his wiki page because on there they quote CNN that "there is no evidence that he ever belonged to any extremist groups".

Unless, of course, you are wrong. (duh?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McVeigh was associated with the Michigan Militia along with co-conspirator Terry Nichols before carrying out the Oklahoma City bombing that killed 168 people in 1995.  Yes, wik is often wrong.  (just like you) DUH!!

Besides, why are you so sympathetic to fringe racist terrorists?  What's the connection?  Support for trump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this