Ethan7

All-Time Grizzlies Lineup

What would be your all-time lineup selected from former Grizzlies players?

Mine is:

PG: M. Conley/J. Morant/M. Bibby

SG: T. Allen/M. Miller/D. Brooks

SF: S. Battier/R. Gay/J. Posey

PF: Z. Randolph/J. Jackson/B. Clarke

C : M. Gasol/P. Gasol/L. Wright

Coach: L. Hollins

3 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

Mine is:

Good luck trying to figure out a big man combo for a starting five!  So many awesome choices!  

We've had some really good players the past 10 or 15 years.  

A small ball back court of J Will and Ja Morant might be fun!  We can let Marc, Pau, and Jaren defend the inside.  haha.

Good choices.  But where's Allen Iverson?  And Samuel L. Jackson?

26 minutes ago, pjs said:

Allen Iverson/Damon Stoudamire/Gilbert Arenas/Vince Carter/Bo Outlaw for the Early Bird Special Team.

35 minutes ago, pjs said:

wow , Allen Iverson . I think is only played 3 years , because he was a locker room problem. 

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Good luck trying to figure out a big man combo for a starting five!  So many awesome choices!  

We've had some really good players the past 10 or 15 years.  

A small ball back court of J Will and Ja Morant might be fun!  We can let Marc, Pau, and Jaren defend the inside.  haha.

the problem the grizzlies have had there is no H.O.F players on that board 

On 5/6/2020 at 3:23 PM, lions said:

the problem the grizzlies have had there is no H.O.F players on that board 

Pau will be a HoFer.  After that Zbo might have the best chance, but I think he'll be passed over like other very good players like Buck Williams and Tom Chambers.  Hopefully some of our new blood will make it.

16 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Pau will be a HoFer.  After that Zbo might have the best chance, but I think he'll be passed over like other very good players like Buck Williams and Tom Chambers.  Hopefully some of our new blood will make it.

if pau makes it , the media would picture him a Laker not a Grizzlies 

28 minutes ago, lions said:

if pau makes it , the media would picture him a Laker not a Grizzlies 

Yeah, you're probably right, though some of his best statistical seasons were in Memphis, and he played more games in a Grizzlies uniform.  It's the championships that will do it though, as far as being portrayed as a Laker goes.

I once read where Pau was one of an elite group of only about five or six players who reached the plateau of over 20,000 points, over 10,000 rebounds, over 3,500 assists, and over 1,500 blocked shots in all four of those categories.  Other than Pau, the only others I have found are Abdul-Jabbar, Erving, Duncan, and Garnett.  That's some pretty good company.  Not even Shaq, Robinson, Olajuwon, Russell, Ewing, Barkley, Nowitzski, or either of the Malones equaled that feat.  I suspect that Wilt Chamberlain did, but they didn't keep stats on blocks in his day.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:38 AM, Ethan7 said:

Mine is:

What?  No Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

1st in PPG, 6th in PTS, 4th in REB, 8th in AST, 7th in STL, and 6th in BLK

10 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What?  No Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

1st in PPG, 6th in PTS, 4th in REB, 8th in AST, 7th in STL, and 6th in BLK

gay would be over Battier in my book 

if Michael Dickerson did not get hurt he would have been the  Anthony Dickerson of N.b.a for the Grizzlies  to BAD he got hurt       

13 player roster:

PG: Ja/Conley

SG: TA/Mike Miller

SF: Rudy/Battier

PF: Z Bo/Pau/Jaren/Clarke

😄 Marc/Jonas/Lorenzen

For a 25 year old franchise we've got a relatively weak stock of players to pick from to be honest.

But my picks would go like this:

PG: Mike Conley/Mike Bibby/Jason Williams (Hon mentions: Ja Morant, Damon Stoudamire)

SG: Tony Allen/Mike Miller/Michael Dickerson (Hon mentions: Eddie Jones, OJ Mayo)

SF: Rudy Gay/Shane Battier/James Posey (Hon mentions: Byron Scott, Tayshaun Prince)

PF: Pau Gasol/Zach Randolph/Shareef Abdur Rahim (Hon mentions: Hakim Warrick, Jaren Jackson Jr.)

C- Marc Gasol/Bryant Reeves/Jonas Valanciunas (Hon Mention: Stromile Swift, Lorenzen Wright)

PG: Conley, Morant, Bibby

SG: Allen, Miller, Mayo

SF: Gay, Posey, Battier

PF: Pau, SAR, Zach

C  : Marc, Jonas, Wright

Damon Stoudamire and Jaren Jackson would be the last two players since teams are allowed 17 roster players these days. 

Bonzi Wells, Dillon Brooks, Kyle Lowry and James Johnson all got consideration from me as well. 

16 hours ago, chipc3 said:

PG: Conley, Morant, Bibby

SG: Allen, Miller, Mayo

SF: Gay, Posey, Battier

PF: Pau, SAR, Zach

C  : Marc, Jonas, Wright

Damon Stoudamire and Jaren Jackson would be the last two players since teams are allowed 17 roster players these days. 

Bonzi Wells, Dillon Brooks, Kyle Lowry and James Johnson all got consideration from me as well. 

I didn’t go with Shareef because he only played in Vancouver (traded on draft night) but he was probably a gamer.  I also didn’t go with Big Country for the same reason. 

If those guys were included I would try to start SAR at the 3 with the Gasols at the 4 and 5.  Let’s go with a solidly long backcourt with Ja and Mike Miller.  Something like Rudy Gay as the 6th man.   Grit/Grind Second Unit of Con Man/TA/Battier/Z Bo/Lorezen.  J Will, OJ Mayo (not a huge fan but he can score and hit jumpers  — just ahead of Posey), Clarke, Jaren, Big Country and Jonas round out the combined Vancouver/Memphis roster.  Big 3 coaching staff of Hubie/Lionel/Jenkins.  

I'll include Vancouver teams as well. 

PG: Morant/Conley/Stoudamire

SG: T. Allen/M. Miller/OJ Mayo

SF: Abdur Rahim /S. Battier/R. Gay

PF: Z. Randolph/J. Jackson/Swift

C : M. Gasol/P. Gasol/Reeves

If we're talking strictly about impact as a Memphis Grizzly, Zbo has to be placed above Pau because he was the best player on some legitimate playoff runs while Pau never won a playoff game, albeit with weaker teams overall.

Overall career wise? Yes. Pau over Zbo.

If we were actually going to play a game (rather than just ranking best at each position), I think a Mike Miller/Tony Allen SG/SF combo would be most appealing, especially if you're rolling with Ja at PG. Mike Miller gives you another creator and he's enough of a sharpshooter (shot over 40% on 3s for every full season he was on the Grizzlies) to offset Tony's shooting limitation.

Therefore my ideal line-up for an actual game would be:

Ja at PG
Tony Allen at SG
Mike Miller at SF
Pau at PF
Marc at C

Think it's the best balance of creators, defense and shooting.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, ACGrizz said:

If we were actually going to play a game (rather than just ranking best at each position), I think a Mike Miller/Tony Allen SG/SF combo would be most appealing, especially if you're rolling with Ja at PG. Mike Miller gives you another creator and he's enough of a sharpshooter (shot over 40% on 3s for every full season he was on the Grizzlies) to offset Tony's shooting limitation.

Therefore my ideal line-up for an actual game would be:

Ja at PG
Tony Allen at SG
Mike Miller at SF
Pau at PF
Marc at C

Think it's the best balance of creators, defense and shooting.

I would run that in 2k if I could