Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Let's get this straight

On 4/27/2020 at 7:42 AM, bhoyal said:

Somebody locked a thread on April 17 shortly after GTF's conspiracy filled post.

You accused me of doing it. I didn't. 

On 4/30/2020 at 1:20 PM, chipc3 said:

You accused me of doing it. I didn't. 

I didn’t lock the thread either but I DID point out that maybe the thread should be MOVED.  It’s not just a Corona Thread but a CONSPIRATORIAL Corona thread and conspiracy threads usually devolve...

I am doing my own COVID-19 research and will post here if I can figure the whole thing out.  Mostly talking out loud on Facebook.

Threads like these and 9/11 are fun but they usually don’t lead anywhere — you need the whole big picture.  Besides, this is a basketball message board.  Still a good topic (Corona or anything else that it is important) but this is where this thread belongs — in the Off Topic Talk.  

On things like this I like to do my own research.  Same with the draft or anything else.

This area is kinda the basement here where few folks frequent so I'll say it.

There is a small flicker of regret that passes over me about the loss of Grizzlies games but for the most part I don't give a flying flip about the NBA.

Maybe thats because I'm in the age group that tends to get killed by the virus or maybe, as others have said, I'm just a hater. But before I go I'm gonna call out a few things about that lying, thieving conman that's running the show.

In the next few months we're gonna see if the Supreme Court is really independant of Trump's influence. They have to make some calls about whether his financial info has to be release in court cases as it would for any citizen governed by our laws.

Trump is fighting tooth and nail to keep Americans from seeing info that all Presidents and most candidates made public for the last 50 years. During the campaign he promised to release the info, but it was just another lie.

If Americans see it, then even maga-haters will turn on the Conman and Thief.

This is why real news folks have lost all respect for Trump and his boot lickers.

Here is the Attorney General of the US, the highest law enforcement officer in the land demonstrating his highly polished skill at lying and propaganda.

His answer to the first question is a straight up, self serving lie. When he's called on it, he doesn't miss a beat and goes right on like nothing unusual happened.

The toady AG is a piker compared to his boss.

How the !!!! can an American say this, “They always said Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln—I believe I am treated worse."

Everything is about Trump. He compares himself to the President who got us through the darkest days, the Civil War, and was killed in office. Trump is moaning about how the press treat him. Its unbelievable. You could not make this stuff up.

Maybe the press would treat him better if he would stop tell _so_ many lies.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/03/politics/fact-check-fox-news-townhall-trump-may-3/index.html

and

@tango

Do you believe this virus was created from someone eating a bat??    Do you believe HIV came from an African having sex with a green monkey?(I was taught this is 8th grade health class)

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

@tango

Do you believe this virus was created from someone eating a bat??    Do you believe HIV came from an African having sex with a green monkey?(I was taught this is 8th grade health class)

Is that any harder to believe than the most deadly of plagues known to man was caused by flea bites?

This isn’t the 1st time a coronavirus has crossed over from bats to humans....

Two strains of the virus have caused outbreaks of severe respiratory diseases in humans: severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV or SARS-CoV-1), which caused the 2002–2004 outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2(SARS-CoV-2), which is causing the 2019–20 pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).[7][8] There are hundreds of other strains of SARS-CoV, all of which are only known to infect non-human species: bats are a major reservoir of many strains of SARS-related coronaviruses, and several strains have been identified in palm civets, which were likely ancestors of SARS-CoV.[7][9]

and no, no one had sex with a monkey, that’s just stupid.

The prevailing theory is that it was hunters that contracted it while handling the  carcass came into contact with their blood as it has been traced to a certain group of simian monkey in Or around the Congo area.

17 hours ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Is that any harder to believe than the most deadly of plagues known to man was caused by flea bites?

This isn’t the 1st time a coronavirus has crossed over from bats to humans....

Two strains of the virus have caused outbreaks of severe respiratory diseases in humans: severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV or SARS-CoV-1), which caused the 2002–2004 outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2(SARS-CoV-2), which is causing the 2019–20 pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).[7][8] There are hundreds of other strains of SARS-CoV, all of which are only known to infect non-human species: bats are a major reservoir of many strains of SARS-related coronaviruses, and several strains have been identified in palm civets, which were likely ancestors of SARS-CoV.[7][9]

and no, no one had sex with a monkey, that’s just stupid.

The prevailing theory is that it was hunters that contracted it while handling the  carcass came into contact with their blood as it has been traced to a certain group of simian monkey in Or around the Congo area.

https://www.the-scientist.com/the-nutshell/moratorium-on-gain-of-function-research-36564

Have you ever heard of Gain of Function research?   

The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and Department of Health and Human Services last week (October 17) announced it was launching a detailed review into so-called gain-of-function research, in which pathogens are manipulated to alter their capabilities. Such research made headlines in 2012 after two groups instilled the avian influenza virus H5N1 with the ability to transmit between ferrets through the air—a feat that prompted a year-long moratorium on H5N1 research. Now, in the face of threats like influenza, SARS, and MERS, which have killed scores in the Middle East and Asia, the government is instituting a pause to gain-of-function funding for experiments involving these deadly viruses.

Look up Dr Judy Mikovits she was a scientist that worked on "Gain of Function" research for 20+yrs.   She explains how basically they have been creating bio-weapons using viruses for decades.    Wuhan Lab is a "Gain of Function" site.   The virus isn't natural at all.   If humans can easily catch viruses from animals then we wouldve never survived the last 100000 years.    Dogs and Cats contain viruses in them that are more deadly than COVID19 to humans but thankfully they don't naturally transmit to us.    Only way that occurs is by genetic manipulation which is what these scientists have been doing for decades.    Have you noticed how every summer there is some new strain of some animal-based virus outbreak??   Avian,  Swine, MadCow?????  Those are all created in a lab.   If it was that easy to catch a virus from a cow or pig then everyone should be vegetarians. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-nih-gain-of-function-research-decision-wasnt-partisan/

The cost-benefit analysis for pathogens that might kill the people exposed or a handful of others is vastly different from the cost-benefit analysis for pathogens that could cause a pandemic — but our current procedures don’t really account for that. As a result, allowing gain-of-function research means running unacceptable risks with millions of lives. It’s high time to rethink that.

Gain-of-function research is when researchers take an existing virus or pathogen and make it more potentially dangerous — either more contagious, more likely to kill a human host, or both.

https://www.newsweek.com/controversial-wuhan-lab-experiments-that-may-have-started-coronavirus-pandemic-1500503

By March, the wild-virus theory was still the most likely explanation of the origin of SARS-CoV-2--but it was starting to look a little ragged around the edges. For one thing, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, not far from the animal markets in downtown Wuhan, houses the world's largest collection of coronaviruses from wild bats, including at least one virus that bears a resemblance to SARS-CoV-2. What's more, Wuhan Institute of Virology scientists have for the past five years been engaged in so-called "gain of function" (GOF) research, which is designed to enhance certain properties of viruses for the purpose of anticipating future pandemics. Gain-of-function techniques have been used to turn viruses into human pathogens capable of causing a global pandemic.