I❤️JV

Can this NBA season be saved?

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It's curious to me that people on Twitter are getting bent out of shape over a 20 year old NBA rookie retweeting something but those same people have no problem with the 74 year old President of the United States retweeting someone screaming "white power".

Sounds like America to me. 

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It's curious to me that people on Twitter are getting bent out of shape over a 20 year old NBA rookie retweeting something but those same people have no problem with the 74 year old President of the United States retweeting someone screaming "white power".

You absolutly right. Ja speak well, maybe he should teach your 74 year old president how to post!!

12 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

You absolutly right. Ja speak well, maybe he should teach your 74 year old president how to post!!

I had Trump at number one on my big board by late fall 2015.  

I also had Ja Morant number one on my big board (basically just after the draft lotto).  

I am still of the opinion that Ja can be “the guy” in the NBA.  Maybe sooner rather than later.  Maybe the future is NOW. 

The NBA is a business, and I think Ja Morant is the best brand going.  

His near-dunk over Kevin Love?  Nuts!  Should be the Brave New NBA Logo.

#JaOrBust

#GrizzliesAs****

P.S.  back after the break on ESPN2: “JA!!!!!!!!!”

14 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

oh no....my heart breaks for LeBron...

I guess they could bring in this guy and put him in a plastic bubble in the stands:

nbalakersfan.gif

Will they let players from other teams attend games? That might be cool and could lead to some meme-worthy reactions.

41 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Will they let players from other teams attend games? That might be cool and could lead to some meme-worthy reactions.

yes 

44 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

yes 

source 

14 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

What teams?

Teams that are already in the "bubble" ? I would think that they would be ok.

Teams that are not - nah.

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

I'm thinking FA for this off-season will get crumbs. If you're a free agent expecting a big payday, you may have to wait a couple more years. 

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

Easy fix for fence riders ...

Set the date that teams can finalize their bubble squad and whoever has not committed by that date - see you next season 

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

What teams?

Teams that are already in the "bubble" ? I would think that they would be ok.

Teams that are not - nah.

Yeah, definitely was not expecting anyone outside the bubble. My question was more about the players in the bubble and whether they could attend the seeding games/earlier playoff rounds.

It wouldn't recreate a full arena atmosphere, but if you had a couple dozen players in the stands, you'd still get audible reactions to the gameplay going on which would be nice.

31 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Yeah, definitely was not expecting anyone outside the bubble. My question was more about the players in the bubble and whether they could attend the seeding games/earlier playoff rounds.

It wouldn't recreate a full arena atmosphere, but if you had a couple dozen players in the stands, you'd still get audible reactions to the gameplay going on which would be nice.

Good point.

I remember when the I believe it was the Knicks in the Garden ... they played a regular season game ( half?)with no house music / dj / chants...

it was weird you could hear the shoes squeak and the announcers but yeah... it sucked. 

I watched plenty of hustle games this year and there were usually at most a couple hundred people in the stands. The basketball was still fairly entertaining, so while not having crowds isn't great, it will be fine without them. 

Happy Canada Day to all Canadian posters and lurkers! 🍁

The new USMCA trade agreement also kicks in today.