I❤️JV

Can this NBA season be saved?

Can this NBA season be saved? YES

After careful contemplation of the pros and cons i am sure this season will be finished. How?...Las Vegas bubble is the only way....When? as soon as we have enough tests. My guess it will start in August or September.

Why am  i so confident it will be finished?....well ....there are all the reasons to finish it, only one reason not to....Calendar and 2020/21 season....but 2020/21 season is already fkd....

We will have no vaccine in November so will have no ppl in the stands no revenue from tickets etc....vaccine will come eventually....maybe next summer...sooo....if i am NBA owner i am not starting new season before 25th of December....main goal is to get ppl in the stands come playoffs ....so if the new season is delayed there is no reason not to finish this season....Am i right? or do you guys think i am delusional?... 

11 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Can this NBA season be saved? YES

After careful contemplation of the pros and cons i am sure this season will be finished. How?...Las Vegas bubble is the only way....When? as soon as we have enough tests. My guess it will start in August or September.

Why am  i so confident it will be finished?....well ....there are all the reasons to finish it, only one reason not to....Calendar and 2020/21 season....but 2020/21 season is already fkd....

We will have no vaccine in November so will have no ppl in the stands no revenue from tickets etc....vaccine will come eventually....maybe next summer...sooo....if i am NBA owner i am not starting new season before 25th of December....main goal is to get ppl in the stands come playoffs ....so if the new season is delayed there is no reason not to finish this season....Am i right? or do you guys think i am delusional?... 

Yeah, I think you're delusional 🤪

But I do agree with you that Las Vegas would be a good option. I watched the CV "re-open America" presser today and things are going to start happening in a day or two. It's a three phase transition back to normal. Feds have guidelines, and each governor decides more or less how fast to re-open based on what shape their city is in. I don't think Vegas was hit that badly, so it could probably be a functional city before the end of May. Odds are likely that no fans will be in the stands. GO GRIZZLIES 🏀

Hard to tell. If all safety issue are clear for player and staff, i  do hope they ended the season. Las Vegas is a good option. We all miss the NBA now and it will help to go those difficult times. So for me , if Safety is 100% garanteed, then i hope we play. And beat LA in first round PO will be a great compensation for all this s....

Adam Silver says NBA is not ready to set a date when a decision has to be made on resuming the season. "I would just say everything is on the table," including moving back the start of next season.

Adam Silver: “As I sit here today, there’s too much unknown to set a timeline and even too much unknown to say, ‘Here are the variables.’” He does know that number of new infections must decrease and testing must be available on a large scale for NBA to consider return to play.

I think we see Baseball before Basketball. 

I still think a one year break is a possibility. Really the only way to save the full schedule. Call it the 2019-2021 season.

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I think we see Baseball before Basketball. 

Baseball and golf should be good to go, I’d imagine-minus the fans.

28 minutes ago, cdp said:

I still think a one year break is a possibility. Really the only way to save the full schedule. Call it the 2019-2021 season.

Interesting...

11 hours ago, cdp said:

It would be hilarious if they started the season back up in March 2021 on the same date they ended a month ago.

RealGM Wiretap
NBA Owners, Players, Agents Optimistic 19-20 Season Will Be Saved
APR 16, 2020 11:15 AM

The NBA Board of Governors will meet on Friday in a virtual video session. The most pressing topic will surely be the NBA's plan for resuming the season.

While Adam Silver has said no substantive update will be made until at least May 1st, there will be discussions on strategies and concerns during the meeting.

Sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic "that optimism abounds in the ownership, player, agent and league office ranks" in terms of saving the 19-20 season.

The NBA is considering Las Vegas as its "Bubbly City" to play out the remaining season. Unlike the MLB, the NBA has just a short amount of time remaining in its season, which makes the isolation scenario more viable.

“Basketball guys are for it — they want to play,” one NBA player from a title-contending team wrote. “MLB (is) different (because) they have a whole season. We just have 1-2 months to finish up.”

SAM AMICK/THE ATHLETIC

2 hours ago, GameOn said:

RealGM Wiretap
NBA Owners, Players, Agents Optimistic 19-20 Season Will Be Saved
APR 16, 2020 11:15 AM

The NBA Board of Governors will meet on Friday in a virtual video session. The most pressing topic will surely be the NBA's plan for resuming the season.

While Adam Silver has said no substantive update will be made until at least May 1st, there will be discussions on strategies and concerns during the meeting.

Sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic "that optimism abounds in the ownership, player, agent and league office ranks" in terms of saving the 19-20 season.

The NBA is considering Las Vegas as its "Bubbly City" to play out the remaining season. Unlike the MLB, the NBA has just a short amount of time remaining in its season, which makes the isolation scenario more viable.

“Basketball guys are for it — they want to play,” one NBA player from a title-contending team wrote. “MLB (is) different (because) they have a whole season. We just have 1-2 months to finish up.”

SAM AMICK/THE ATHLETIC

That’s good news!  A playoff (in any form) would be nice. Bring on the Lakers!

17 hours ago, GameOn said:

Adam Silver full statement April 17, 2020, 9:26 pm ET:

Adam Silver: 'Everything on the table' as NBA considers next steps

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/04/17/nba-board-governors-prospect-resuming

Good luck!

I want to see us play the Lakers in the first round but business is business and the Corona Hysteria (looks like NYC death surge has peaked which is good news) has been a complete game changer.

As a fan, I am gearing up for the draft.  I also think that a Las Vegas summer/fall league for cash, a draft pick, and a trophy/banner would be really cool.  If a top 5 pick is too much, then what about the winner of the Las Vegas Cup win the 15th pick in the draft?  First non-lottery pick with (in most years) some solid players still on the board.  Guys like Giannis and Kawhi went in this range.  I think Paul George went 12-14.  Teams can also package the 15th pick and their regular first rounder to move up on draft night or do a big trade.  

... the Las Vegas Cup would also be a good dry run once we can get a regular season ramped up.  I also think the TV ratings would be great.  

On 4/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, El Guapo said:

Baseball and golf should be good to go, I’d imagine-minus the fans.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I'm a Rays fan as well and we have a really good team for once this year and I really want to see them play

On 4/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, I❤️JV said:

Adam Silver: “As I sit here today, there’s too much unknown to set a timeline and even too much unknown to say, ‘Here are the variables.’”

this.

At this time I do not have enough facts to make an informed decision. 

Based on MY own personal agenda (and based on what is Best for the Grizzlies), if we come back let’s go straight to the playoffs. Bring on the Lakers and give us our 2021 first round pick back.  

I guess the league is gonna have to make a decision relatively soon.  Maybe they next season or two will also be affected.   

If the NBA can’t start by July 1st then I think the season is done.  I think they are ok with running into September then staring next season on Christmas Day.  

If I were a betting man though I would say that the next NBA event will be the draft.  The Las Vegas Summer League would be a coin flip — the TV ratings would be great.  I think the NBA needs to put out product before next season starts.  

I think the league will be ok if it just starts back in December (aside from the draft) even if we don’t have fans and the season gets shortened.

I DO NOT think the league can survive MULTIPLE seasons without fans.  

On 4/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Based on MY own personal agenda (and based on what is Best for the Grizzlies), if we come back let’s go straight to the playoffs. Bring on the Lakers and give us our 2021 first round pick back.  

I guess the league is gonna have to make a decision relatively soon.  Maybe they next season or two will also be affected.   

If the NBA can’t start by July 1st then I think the season is done.  I think they are ok with running into September then staring next season on Christmas Day.  

If I were a betting man though I would say that the next NBA event will be the draft.  The Las Vegas Summer League would be a coin flip — the TV ratings would be great.  I think the NBA needs to put out product before next season starts.  

I think the league will be ok if it just starts back in December (aside from the draft) even if we don’t have fans and the season gets shortened.

I DO NOT think the league can survive MULTIPLE seasons without fans.  

If we cant start in July its over. I just hope we get some Vegas ball!

On 4/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, grizzgolf said:

If we cant start in July its over. I just hope we get some Vegas ball!

You are probably right.  Las Vegas summer/fall league would be awesome!  Just for the rookies.  I watched Wiseman in person (in West Memphis against the Mobley brothers) and he is really fun to watch! I also want to watch Lamelo Ball and Deni Avdija. 

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

You are probably right.  Las Vegas summer/fall league would be awesome!  Just for the rookies.  I watched Wiseman in person (in West Memphis against the Mobley brothers) and he is really fun to watch! I also want to watch Lamelo Ball and Deni Avdija. 

i think you would choose summer league over playoffs.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, I❤️JV said:

i think you would choose summer league over playoffs.

The NBA playoffs could end up being in Las Vegas in summer/early fall without fans.  

23 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

The NBA playoffs could end up being in Las Vegas in summer/early fall without fans.  

Thats the only hope. I think we get some sports. I just dont know which ones. 

MY NBA BACK SOLUTION

1. Non playoff teams are done... announce that and let Zion chill.

2. Issue NBA directive to the players not to drink Bleach or inject Lysol.

3. Open training facilities for 16 playoff teams.

4. NBA draft lottery as per current standings.

5. Get 16 playoff teams to Orlando.

6. August/September playoffs....Make JV Great Again.

7.2020 Draft

8.Start 2020/21 season on Xmas day.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

LeBron James @ KingJames

Saw some reports about execs and agents wanting to cancel season??? That’s absolutely not true. Nobody I know saying anything like that. As soon as it’s safe we would like to finish our season. I’m ready and our team is ready. Nobody should be canceling anything.I want to kick JV's *** in the playoffs 👑