I❤️JV

Kendrick Nunn thinks he should be NBA Rookie of the Year, not Ja Morant or Zion Williamson

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kendrick-nunn-thinks-he-should-be-nba-rookie-of-the-year-not-ja-morant-or-zion-williamson/

"I'm Rookie of the Year," he added. "I think people will say that [Morant] is Rookie of the Year, but I don't believe it. The most value should be in the wins. And we're both starting guards on teams, and our team has been holding it down. We're a playoff team, so go ahead and give that Rookie of the Year to Kendrick Nunn."  

5 minutes ago, gentlemanquartely said:

he's got a good point.  but its Ja hands down.

It’s Ja.  Led us to wins without a lot of “fake stats”. We are currently in the 8th hole in a better conference. What is Nunn talking about?

Zion gave it a valiant run though not gonna lie.  

After that it’s everybody else. 

If he were talking about MVP he might have a point, but Rookie of the Year isn't an award where wins factor into the equation in a significant way.  If it were all about wins, then let's give it to Mfiondu Kabengele of the Clippers.  Another thing Mr. Nunn isn't taking into consideration is the fact that Ja doesn't have guys like Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic and Bam Adebayo on his squad.  Nunn is talking as if he is singularly responsible for Miami's record.

He's runner up for sure. Ja is ROTY

On 4/14/2020 at 12:04 AM, BnaBreaker said:

If he were talking about MVP he might have a point, but Rookie of the Year isn't an award where wins factor into the equation in a significant way.  If it were all about wins, then let's give it to Mfiondu Kabengele of the Clippers.  Another thing Mr. Nunn isn't taking into consideration is the fact that Ja doesn't have guys like Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic and Bam Adebayo on his squad.  Nunn is talking as if he is singularly responsible for Miami's record.

Its outrageous but to be fair he said starting pg....eliminating Kagenbale of the Clippers. 

But he is nuts if he thinks he has won more games for the Heat than Ja has for us. 

17 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

bring on the Lakers!!!

We lost in the 2k sim playoffs. I was mad. 

He has a fair point.

The counter is still the same as before: The Miami HEAT won 39 games last year and added Jimmy Butler, and were projected to win 43-46 games & make playoffs.  The Grizzlies were projected to win 26-28 games and were projected to be last in WC. 

The unexpected success of the Grizzlies is directly tied to Ja. Nunn has assisted the HEAT to a good season, but he's not the top 2-3 reasons why.

6 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Good for him. I like confidence. He's wrong but good for him

Agree Dirty.