oldmanGrizz

News from Tillery

Tillery is a hater and a troll, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him, unless it were off of a bridge, I would love to throw Tillery off of a bridge.

Even in a time of great crisis, Tillery plays the role of the bitter ex girlfriend. Who actually believes him on this? Get a life dude.

33 minutes ago, KyleB said:

Tillery is a hater and a troll, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him, unless it were off of a bridge, I would love to throw Tillery off of a bridge.

15 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Even in a time of great crisis, Tillery plays the role of the bitter ex girlfriend. Who actually believes him on this? Get a life dude.

i had to stop following ole Ron Ron on Twitter. Just way too bitter and trolling way too much. NOt sure what his issue is. You would think anything between him and Pera's Grizz would have been long forgotten but who knows. 

If the Grizzlies move the NBA dies OK????

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/fpotjj/cnbc_nba_is_desperately_trying_to_avoid_season/

That’s not a threat — that’s a PROMISE.

If Memphis can help put the NCAA tourney outta business in one of the great cases of Mutually Assured Destruction aka Memphis Tigers Versus NCAA then we can sure as heck break down/shake down the Brave New NBA.

#NCAAvirus

#NBAvirus

#MemphisVirus

#SilverVirus

#Fahrenheit901

#NCAApocalypse

#NBApocalypse

I don't believe this.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if he did want to move the team 

Seattle SUPER Grizzlies 

I forgot Seattle will be getting the next New N.H.L team with a New ARENA 

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I don't believe this.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if he did want to move the team 

Maybe Robert Pera doesnot want to be in a small market any more 

I think the league should expand.  One team in Las Vegas. One in Seattle. If each bid cost $1.5 billion then each current NBA franchise would get $100 million or whatever. Then, ratings would go up since there would be more teams.  Ratings would help the league — and each team could use 100 million bucks.  It would also help the bad teams since they would have two new teams to beat up on and expansion drafts would hurt mediocre/good teams relatively more.  

If the league starts shuffling teams around, the NBA would be going the way of the ABA.

P.S. I think the season is done.  Or they better get going by late May/early June.  Move the draft back a bit but then they should really hype up the Las Vegas Summer League.  Maybe give really big cash prizes for the winner (and top 4 teams).  Pushing the season into August/September would push the draft back too far then we risk merging the 2020 and 2021 drafts.  

On 3/27/2020 at 3:28 PM, KyleB said:

On 3/27/2020 at 3:46 PM, Thomas said:

On 3/27/2020 at 4:04 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

i had to stop following ole Ron Ron on Twitter. Just way too bitter and trolling way too much. NOt sure what his issue is. You would think anything between him and Pera's Grizz would have been long forgotten but who knows. 

Pretty ugly timing to release this. I'm beyond tired of these rumors. Regardless if his has any true information, this is just a **** move. Screw that guy

Someone on the RealGM Forums came to the same conclusion I did: current NBA franchises could use the cash infusion from two new teams.

They based their numbers off MLB expansion teams and payouts which came out to around $66 million if the NBA expansion windfall was based in similar metrics.  I thought it might be $100 million per team (close to the other estimates) although I think I am closer to being right — and that would break down to about $1.5 billion per each new team, assuming Seattle and Las Vegas. 

Las Vegas/Nevada and Seattle/Pacific Northwest TV ratings would soar which would help the next TV deal.

The league would still have plenty of slack, with enough viable markets for future expansion: San Jose, San Diego, Austin, Kansas City, St. Louis, Nashville, Jacksonville, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Mexico City.  If they wanted to “double down” on single markets they could go back to Baltimore, or return to Oakland (back to the Oaks ABA name?) and Vancouver, BC (assuming the Seattle Sonics return as an expansion team).  

Las Vegas will have a team at some point

On 3/29/2020 at 7:32 PM, grizzgolf said:

Las Vegas will have a team at some point

That would be a big gamble 🤣

Seriously, Lost Wages will get a team eventually. No need for a new arena. The Knights already have an arena, which they could share with an NBA team.

2 hours ago, GameOn said:

That would be a big gamble 🤣

Seriously, Lost Wages will get a team eventually. No need for a new arena. The Knights already have an arena, which they could share with an NBA team.

Boom. Makes it easier for when one of those bum teams move to LV. 

For some reason Nashville swears the Grizzlies should be here more so than Memphis. I like Nashville as a city but I couldn't be a fan of the Nashville Grizzlies, or any other team for that matter. The day the Grizz move is the death of the NBA for me.

2 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

For some reason Nashville swears the Grizzlies should be here more so than Memphis. I like Nashville as a city but I couldn't be a fan of the Nashville Grizzlies, or any other team for that matter. The day the Grizz move is the death of the NBA for me.

Scoot over a bit... think I’m gonna sit right here next to you on this one

5 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Is that really a thing Nashville people say? I figure the average person there basically don't realize the Grizz exist. 

I've been to a few Preds games, and love that Tennessee has an NHL team, but i've never heard anyone in Memphis complaining that we didn't get the Preds 🤣

The league should expand.  Oh wait it is gonna relocate teams, tweak the product too much with too many gimmicks (restart the league in Las Vegas with no fans? Might as well call the whole thing off) and end up going the way of the ABA.

I think the NBA is too dumb to live.  Not as dumb as the NCAA but still....

Is everybody in this country too chicken ish to actually stand up, man up and make a  DECISION or do I have to do everything myself???

#LakersGrizzliesMemorialDayOrBust

#BestOfFive

#First2InMemphis

#Last3InLA

#Non

#Negotiable