oldmanGrizz

Ja Morant heavily favored to win Rookie of the Year

Recommended Posts

ESPN polled a mixture of local beat writers from across the league as well as national and international reporters. And to simulate the voting process, we used the same point system as the NBA at the conclusion of the regular season — every first-place vote is worth five points, with second-place votes worth three points and third-place votes worth one point. Behind Morant and his perfect 350 points came Williamson, with 51 of the 70 second-place votes along with 11 third-place selections for a total of 164 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As he should  be.

 

 

Clarke at 4 surprised me but I was really happy. I love his basketball game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 10:44 AM, oldmanGrizz said:
ESPN polled a mixture of local beat writers from across the league as well as national and international reporters. And to simulate the voting process, we used the same point system as the NBA at the conclusion of the regular season — every first-place vote is worth five points, with second-place votes worth three points and third-place votes worth one point. Behind Morant and his perfect 350 points came Williamson, with 51 of the 70 second-place votes along with 11 third-place selections for a total of 164 points.

As he should be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Zion is out the Media is turnuing the lights to Ja, just wait, because they will see him shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Now that Zion is out the Media is turnuing the lights to Ja, just wait, because they will see him shine

He's coming back before the season restarts isnt he? Wont he have to wait a little before he joins back up with his squad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

He's coming back before the season restarts isnt he? Wont he have to wait a little before he joins back up with his squad?

No news about him so far. I suspect the family issue isn't the one-day-and-back kind. Just hope everything goes well and he's able to return soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

No news about him so far. I suspect the family issue isn't the one-day-and-back kind. Just hope everything goes well and he's able to return soon.

 

7 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

He's coming back before the season restarts isnt he? Wont he have to wait a little before he joins back up with his squad?

I dont know, I hope he and his family is alright. I like Zion a lot, but Ja deserved. Also I dont like the Media giving him all the attention,  Ja deserve more than he received. I dont care much after all because he stays hungry and with the underdog mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

115731326_3775333949180000_2061324816422

Did he ever heard about Giannis? I would love if coach gets one someday but this year he probably wont. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Did he ever heard about Giannis? I would love if coach gets one someday but this year he probably wont. 

Magic was a part of the Lakers organization for 158 years. i'm sure if Giannis played for the Lakers he would pick Giannis. He also picked AD as DPOY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Magic was a part of the Lakers organization for 158 years. i'm sure if Giannis played for the Lakers he would pick Giannis. He also picked AD as DPOY. 

I can see that, but it is more likely that Giannis gets BOTH awards.  Although I think Giannis gets the MVP trophy while someone else (AD?) gets the DPOY award.  

That being said, how many guys have an MVP, DPOY, AND Finals MVP trophy?  MJ and Kawhi are 2.  Hakeem?  Is that it?  Much less in ONE season which Giannis has the potential to pull off.  Talk about the Triple Crown!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will not be suprise is Zion doenot come back , JA morant  seems to love Basketball more then Zion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ja/Clarke is a one of the all-time draft night hauls right?

 

Let's be honest, pretty much every team in the league would have picked Ja at #2.

Now Clarke was a nice gamble even though he fell. If I remember correctly most had him in the late lottery, mid first round so falling to 21 was good and we traded for him. Really good draft night 1 year later, let's hope the same 7 or 8 years later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lions said:

i will not be suprise is Zion doenot come back , JA morant  seems to love Basketball more then Zion 

I haven't seen any evidence that Zion doesn't love basketball. He's just been injury prone so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I haven't seen any evidence that Zion doesn't love basketball. He's just been injury prone so far. 

he is not in camp now , and no one knows any thing about what going on in is Life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lions said:

he is not in camp now , and no one knows any thing about what going on in is Life 

personal problems 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

 

thats a picture of a Player who LOVES basketball and the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Let's be honest, pretty much every team in the league would have picked Ja at #2.

Now Clarke was a nice gamble even though he fell. If I remember correctly most had him in the late lottery, mid first round so falling to 21 was good and we traded for him. Really good draft night 1 year later, let's hope the same 7 or 8 years later. 

I had Ja at 1, and I bet some others were thinking it....  Didn't see Ja at 1 on any other board/mock draft though.  To me, unanimous number 1 picks should be guys like LeBron or Shaq.  I didn't think Zion was on that level.  I saw more boards with RJ Barrett at 2 (Ja falling to 3).  We could have overthought it and traded down to 3 to get RJ or something dumb.  

Clarke was a great pick too, we probably could have over-thought that too.  He is also a great fit in our system even though he is kind of a tweener.

Ja is ROTY.  Zion is a top guy but other than that Clarke is as good as any of the other rookies along with RJ Barrett and Tyler Herro.  

The degree of difficulty might be higher this year -- we only have 40.  Although the draft is fairly deep and one of our top guys might fall.   I can see each team's draft board looking vastly different.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now