Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Obi Toppin makes 1st team All-American

Not a shock but it is now official.  

Here's the question.  Has there ever been a kid rated zero stars by both 247 and Rivals in this era of hoops to make D-1 first team All-American?

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

Not a shock but it is now official.  

Here's the question.  Has there ever been a kid rated zero stars by both 247 and Rivals in this era of hoops to make D-1 first team All-American?

Ja Morant?

Ja, probably.  Pascal Siakam was WAC player of the year after only two seasons (was a zero star rated prospect) but I'm not sure if he got much love in the All-American team voting.

Garrison Mathews was A-Sun MVP and while 247 rated him zero stars, Rivals didn't bother to have a page on him at all.  Not sure where he ended up in the All-American voting.  I remember he was more known for football in the mid-state for a long time.  Dylan Windler - zero stars on 247, ignored by Rivals.  

7 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Ja, probably.  Pascal Siakam was WAC player of the year after only two seasons (was a zero star rated prospect) but I'm not sure if he got much love in the All-American team voting.

Here is a list

12 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Adam Morrison was a zero according to 247.  Of course he ended up a zero in the NBA.

Morrison was in a great situation for him at Gonzaga but it also just reinforces what i always tell people the high school game is different from the college game which is different from the pro game. Very few can just go out there and ball and be successful at all levels. The rules are different and the talent level is different at every level, it's all in how you adjust both physically and mentally. I don't think Morrison ever adjusted or found his fit in the NBA. 

Not to mention that Gonzaga plays a pathetic schedule.  If Morrison had played in the ACC or SEC... ??

9 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Morrison was in a great situation for him at Gonzaga but it also just reinforces what i always tell people the high school game is different from the college game which is different from the pro game. Very few can just go out there and ball and be successful at all levels. The rules are different and the talent level is different at every level, it's all in how you adjust both physically and mentally. I don't think Morrison ever adjusted or found his fit in the NBA. 

6 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Not to mention that Gonzaga plays a pathetic schedule.  If Morrison had played in the ACC or SEC... ??

You guys do realize that he had real bad diabetes 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, bhoyal said:

He would have still dominated. It doesn’t work like that 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, Allen said:

He would have still dominated. It doesn’t work like that 

Adam averaged 19ppg for his college career.

David Lee was the #14 scorer in the SEC one of the years A.M. played college ball.  Joakim Noah was #12 in the SEC one season in scoring during that time.  Al Horford was #25 one season during that time.  Chris Paul was #14 in scoring in the ACC during one year of the Morrison-Gonzaga tenure.  

I honestly don't think Morrison would have been a starter at Florida or Duke back then.  

On 3/25/2020 at 7:17 PM, bhoyal said:

Adam averaged 19ppg for his college career.

David Lee was the #14 scorer in the SEC one of the years A.M. played college ball.  Joakim Noah was #12 in the SEC one season in scoring during that time.  Al Horford was #25 one season during that time.  Chris Paul was #14 in scoring in the ACC during one year of the Morrison-Gonzaga tenure.  

I honestly don't think Morrison would have been a starter at Florida or Duke back then.  

That’d a silly thing to say. If you can ball you can ball. I’m not sure what point you were trying to make . I bet you was one of the people that thought Derrick Rose wasn’t good because of Cusa 

Morrison has nothing to do with Rose.  C-USA was actually pretty good back then.  Now not so much.