ALT GRIND

The NEW official 2020 Draft Thread

I know this is a bit off topic but does anybody else think Reggie Perry at 57 was the steal of the draft?

He's got some Bane moves/shooting in a Tillman size body.  Nice pickup by the Nets.

9 hours ago, CMAC said:

Out Shut It up Negative Nancy 😒

i,m not trying to be negative , i have been a Grizzlies for about 18 years and the only player the Grizzlies  had who can shoot was mike miller 

Just now, lions said:

i,m not trying to be negative , i have been a Grizzlies for about 18 years and the only player we had who can shoot was mike miller 

2 hours ago, lions said:

i,m not trying to be negative , i have been a Grizzlies for about 18 years and the only player the Grizzlies  had who can shoot was mike miller 

Wesley Person

5 hours ago, lions said:

Eddie Jones, Damon Stoudamire, Chucky Atkins,  Juan Carlos Navarro and of course Wesley Person who was already mentioned. 

After I watched a some film on him, he is like Dillon but a little better shooting and less defense. He is streaky too, he has some cold nights and he never stop shooting it.

52 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

After I watched a some film on him, he is like Dillon but a little better shooting and less defense. He is streaky too, he has some cold nights and he never stop shooting it.

His shot selection is much better as well.   A "highIQ Dillon" can be a really good role player. 

Like the potential of a 3 wing rotation that gives us size and toughness.  It seems like each guy has there own scoring strengths too (Dillon/Winslow/Bane).  

Deep draft.  Sure, would have been nice to pick up an extra shooter (Tyrell Terry, Mason Jones, Sam Merrill) but our rooks look like solid bets.  I think shooters were under-drafted this year.  High volume guys with sketchy shots and combo forwards without great ALT GRIND Moneyball metrics were a bit over-drafted in my opinion.  

If I were our FO I would make Desmond Bane watch James Harden highlight tapes.  Work on those moves.  Bane with more craft, dribble packages and finishing skills would be a top 10 (maybe top 5) player in this draft.  

X Man: great advanced stats.  Didn’t have him super high on my board.  BUT my comps for him were Rick Mahorn/poor man’s Draymond Green.  I will take that!!!

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Like the potential of a 3 wing rotation that gives us size and toughness.  It seems like each guy has there own scoring strengths too (Dillon/Winslow/Bane).  

Deep draft.  Sure, would have been nice to pick up an extra shooter (Tyrell Terry, Mason Jones, Sam Merrill) but our rooks look like solid bets.  I think shooters were under-drafted this year.  High volume guys with sketchy shots and combo forwards without great ALT GRIND Moneyball metrics were a bit over-drafted in my opinion.  

If I were our FO I would make Desmond Bane watch James Harden highlight tapes.  Work on those moves.  Bane with more craft, dribble packages and finishing skills would be a top 10 (maybe top 5) player in this draft.  

X Man: great advanced stats.  Didn’t have him super high on my board.  BUT my comps for him were Rick Mahorn/poor man’s Draymond Green.  I will take that!!!

I dont know if Dillon stays, if we could trade him for a upgrade on the wing we should, but trading him for Kanter is stupid

10 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Wesley Person

Welcome BACK its been a long time since i seen any of your posts

8 hours ago, lions said:

Welcome BACK its been a long time since i seen any of your posts

Thank you kind sir, been dealing with some rough times. I appreciate the welcome

6 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Thank you kind sir, been dealing with some rough times. I appreciate the welcome

i hope you can get past the rough times 

23 hours ago, memphis slim said:

I believe wesley had one of the prettiest jumpers the league has ever seen.

I get the point and its been maddening..

slim.

you may be right why did he only play for the grizzlies for only 2 season , the only point i,m trying to make there have been so many players come to the grizzlies with high hope and are traded cut waive in about 2/3 years 

On 11/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, CMAC said:

Out Shut It up Negative Nancy 😒

sorry man i.m just showing the facts 

23 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Eddie Jones, Damon Stoudamire, Chucky Atkins,  Juan Carlos Navarro and of course Wesley Person who was already mentioned. 

there times in memphis were very short 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:43 PM, bhoyal said:

I know this is a bit off topic but does anybody else think Reggie Perry at 57 was the steal of the draft?

He's got some Bane moves/shooting in a Tillman size body.  Nice pickup by the Nets.

I think Reggie Perry and Paul Reed both were drafted way below where they should have been.  

On 11/20/2020 at 2:55 AM, lions said:

On 11/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, chipc3 said:

4 hours ago, lions said:

there times in memphis were very short 

So you admit there were a number of shooters present but you disapprove of the length of time they remained with the team.

It seems what you really meant to say was that the Grizzlies have had a number of shooters of the years but only managed to keep Mike Miller for any serious length of time. I wonder if you had said that at the start the number of posts correcting you would not have been so numerous and you may have actually posited a position worthy of rational discussion. 

44 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

So you admit there were a number of shooters present but you disapprove of the length of time they remained with the team.

It seems what you really meant to say was that the Grizzlies have had a number of shooters of the years but only managed to keep Mike Miller for any serious length of time. I wonder if you had said that at the start the number of posts correcting you would not have been so numerous and you may have actually posited a position worthy of rational discussion. 

Good.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

when was the last time the grizzlies drafted a great shooter , all of those players best day were behind them when our grizzlies traded for them 

i,m hoping these new draft picks we have turn into superstars , i,m hoping every one on this Grizzlies board is looking for that player that would make the city of Memphis PROUD and bring us Grizzlies FANS a N,B,A title 

we are blessed  to have a FAN message board very few teams have one