bhoyal

What are you watching in place of sports?

Besides the news obviously.

I broke down and watched that low budget movie about Don Meyer on one of the Roku free movie apps.  I'm pretty sure Bruce Willis would have done a better job as Meyer but I guess with the budget they had, getting Judge Reinhold was overachieving. 

Other than my hometown teams I don’t really watch sports. It hasn’t really felt any different to me 

Well, I've been watching The Outsiders and McMillions on HBO. Some Netflix docs on Miles Davis and other musicians. We've been wfh and quite honestly, a lot of people have been out the past couple of weeks for spring break anyway so things have been really slow. I have Disney + for a year with my Verizon subscription. Watched some old Stars Wars, Nat Geo and a couple of other movies. I'm not big on watching old games. I have been watching SPortscenter more than i have in the past though, oddly enough. 

I actually try not to watch the news too much. Too much panic. The shelves in the part of Dallas I stay in are empty for numerous items. Funny thing is, a FB friend posted that her and her family had been in New Orleans and on the drive back to Memphis, they stopped in several places to pick up toilet tissue and other things.....all empty. 

OLD game shows Match Game , lets Make a deal. Family Feud. and so on, old 1970s sitcoms  All in the Family . Partridge Family, Brady Bunch , and many others bring back the good old days for me

Keeping a Eye on the N.F.L F,A

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Xbox one and plenty of reading and drawing.    this going without NBA is really really tough! 

Even more so now because we were thinking maybe play could resume in 4-6 weeks. Now the Owners and Execs are thinking the hiatus will now be at least 3 months (mid June).

4 hours ago, lions said:

OLD game shows Match Game , lets Make a deal. Family Feud. and so on, old 1970s sitcoms  All in the Family . Partridge Family, Brady Bunch , and many others bring back the good old days for me

Amazing how a lot of the old tv shows have stood the test of time. Plus virtually all the old shows are online for free. I have watched on line, shows like I love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Bonanza, The Beverly Hillbillies and more.

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

growing grass and drying concrete. 

You need more excitement in your life! Why not go wild and crazy, by adding "watching paint dry" to your watch list.

Considering doing binge re-watching of The Sopranos or Sons of Anarchy or both. Gotta keep up the swagger for when basketball resumes.

3 hours ago, GameOn said:

Amazing how a lot of the old tv shows have stood the test of time. Plus virtually all the old shows are online for free. I have watched on line, shows like I love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Bonanza, The Beverly Hillbillies and more.

that's because back then ,most of the shows were about FAMILY 

10 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Besides the news obviously.

I broke down and watched that low budget movie about Don Meyer on one of the Roku free movie apps.  I'm pretty sure Bruce Willis would have done a better job as Meyer but I guess with the budget they had, getting Judge Reinhold was overachieving. 

There is some sports still being played.

Here you can watch the real man's football

https://www.nrl.com

https://www.nrl.com/tv/

Reading lots of books.

The only "sports" I can even find luke warm interest in are NFL free agency.

3 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

Reading lots of books.

The only "sports" I can even find luke warm interest in are NFL free agency.

I can't even muster up lukewarm interest for that.  Ive fallen off NFL bandwagon in recent years.  So i am suffering bigtime. 

Last weekend ESPN ran like 24 hours of 'Basketball, A Love Story'. It was super fascinating stuff. Including much on the ABA I'd never seen before. I attended many of the Memphis ABA games from 1970-75. Really fun times.

Yeah, Grizzlies basketball is the only sports entertainment I really watch religiously, so things haven't really changed much for me in that regard.  There is so much high quality content available out there these days if you're willing to pay for a streaming service.  On Netflix Better Call Saul, Narcos Mexico, Altered Carbon, Babylon Berlin, Ugly Delicious, The Last Kingdom are just a few of my favorites... plus the entirety of The Office, which is one of my favorite shows to binge watch ever... on HBO there is The Young Pope, Watchmen, Westworld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, just to name a few.... so we're lucky that we are having to 'social distance' ourselves inside our homes in this day in age.  We have an embarrassment of riches of entertainment options at our disposal.  Imagine what it was like during the 1918 Spanish flu, where all you had was some books and some records if you were LUCKY!

What am I watching?  ZZSPN aka Zombie Zion Sports Programming Network the official home of SCREAMIN' A. Smith.

Those classic games were cool.

I think the NEWS should show highlights.  

You couldn't PAY ME to watch #NEWSvirus.

AND, I don't care HOW MANY times she died of Corona Virus in 2016, I am STILL not going to vote for Hillary Clinton!!!

And, is the Bernie Virus Army still on the march???

Mike Bloomberg, hey!!! He FINALLY did it!  He got the New York KNICKS off the streets.

I will continue to do research for my upcoming 2020 DraftVirus Big Board.

Ok, ok, now can we PLEASE get back to basketball???

ALT GRIND

The golden age of the ABA is truly upon us!

16 hours ago, lions said:

Keeping a Eye on the N.F.L F,A

Me too as of yesterday.....Packers for me.

I've been binging on Netflix documentaries. Currently halfway through Hip Hop Revolution. Dang, I'm old.

Also re-watching lots of old movies with the kids. I watched Alien with my 10yo son, who's only slightly traumatized (my dad did the same to me at the same age so no regrets). We're going to watch Aliens right now. I'm sure it counts as therapy.

Some NBA and ACB players from Spain are planning to stream national team games and live comment on them. It would be amazing if NBA players did this with NBA games. Someone ping Adam Silver!

And then I'm watching stuff like this:

That's a guy who in the middle of the coronavirus lockdown decided to take out the trash dressed as a T-Rex. Technically not a violation of the lockdown buuuuut...

And this genius decided to exploit the fact that walking your dog is still allowed by taking a plush dog on a walk. SMRT!

2 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Me too as of yesterday.....Packers for me.

Tom Brady will not be a patriots

On 3/17/2020 at 1:39 PM, fanboyslim said:

I've been binging on Netflix documentaries. Currently halfway through Hip Hop Revolution. Dang, I'm old.

Also re-watching lots of old movies with the kids. I watched Alien with my 10yo son, who's only slightly traumatized (my dad did the same to me at the same age so no regrets). We're going to watch Aliens right now. I'm sure it counts as therapy.

Some NBA and ACB players from Spain are planning to stream national team games and live comment on them. It would be amazing if NBA players did this with NBA games. Someone ping Adam Silver!

And then I'm watching stuff like this:

That's a guy who in the middle of the coronavirus lockdown decided to take out the trash dressed as a T-Rex. Technically not a violation of the lockdown buuuuut...

And this genius decided to exploit the fact that walking your dog is still allowed by taking a plush dog on a walk. SMRT!

Great stuff! I think I was about 10 when my dad had me watch Alien also. Lol. My kids are still too young for that. 

So are you on complete lockdown? Like can't go in to work? Can't go pick up food somewhere, etc.? 

Finally getting around to watching Fargo. Good so far. Apparently each season has it's own set of characters so you can start watching with any of them.

I'd recommend Mr. Robot. First 3 seasons are all available on Amazon Prime Video and I genuinely think it was one of the best, most underrated shows of the 2010s. It didn't get as much acclaim due to being on USA Network, but the directing and story are genius.