bhoyal

What are you watching in place of sports?

12 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

There have been warnings of an oncoming pandemic since 2017.

Heck, where have you been? There's been talk of a future pandemic long before 2002 when the SARS (another type of coronavirus) outbreak took off. There were bio terrorist drills after 9/11. Ebola drills. Every hospital in this country knew to be prepared and was not. 

Currently watching WWE Monday Night Raw. Who knew that rasslin had/has maybe the best Brave New Normal sports business model.

The NBA on the other hand...

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-the-development-of-a-coronavirus-vaccine-could-impact-the-nba-and-its-fans-beyond-this-season-153458295.html

Interesting read. Comes down to a bunch of hypotheticals — but what doesn’t?    

Oh, and watching NBA guys playing video games doesn’t do it for me.  The HORSE thing didn’t do it for me either.  

The ugly truth is in our wake. Are we going to keep allowing these treasonous atrocities waged on us through silent wars from the 1%? Deborah Tavares speaks on various agendas of the global elite. Rosa Koire speaks on agenda 2030, a plan for a regionalized and controlled society. Biosludged doc talks about what the ruling class is doing to our water supply and food supply. These are r e d f l a g s, people.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, chipc3 said:

Close. Certain really chewy things are not allowed such as thick pizza crusts and bagels but otherwise I’m doing well. 

how much weight have you lost 

On 4/12/2020 at 10:52 AM, tangogriz said:

This leads me to a question.

Did Trump intentionally ignore warnings about the serious threat of a pandemic?

Maybe the health scientists couldn't get through to him because they were always ignored or had already been fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-outbreak.html

But what about national security agencies and defense department folks. They would have warned him about the threats of global unrest, political uprisings and sickness among confined service personel. We know that an important trade advisor, Peter Navarro, early on warned him of a global pandemic threat.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/07/coronavirus-peter-navarro-warned-coronavirus-january-february/2959826001/

In the TV show Game of Thrones, a theme is that for a certain class of people,

chaos is not a pit, its a ladder.

Certain kinds of people with a cut-throat mentality (a "little" GOT joke) gain power and profit during the suffering.

So ... Game of Thrones is a major recommendation for pandemic viewing.

Trump closed down air travel from China on Jan. 31, before the WHO even declared a pandemic. Trump got blasted for the travel ban by the MSM, WHO, Joe Biden and the Dems. They said it wasn't necessary and called Trump a racist and xenophobe. That travel ban alone probably saved thousands of lives. Sorry brothers of the Democrat persuasion, but you can't have it both ways. 

On 4/12/2020 at 11:05 AM, I❤️JV said:

TRUMP is the reason there is no basketball now....he was calling it a hoax ....republicans are all neutered by him...only AOC can save you now...don't get mad....go vote in November...and make orange colour great again.   

I you have watched Trump's last few CV pressers, then you saw how he is really pushing hard to re-open sports. He recently met with the heads of pro sports leagues about getting sports going again. Also, he put Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on the advisory committee that is discussing how to re-open the country. I think the NBA will be back by the end of May (with no fans in the stands) and most likely in one central location (Las Vegas maybe?).

On 4/11/2020 at 11:32 PM, tangogriz said:

I watched it. After cutting through all the finger pointing, he says lets get back to work because all the folks with a top flight immune system will be OK.

Dhuuuuu

I also watched his video on the Paris climate accords. He said that there is no proof of global climate temperature increase. Its a hoax.

Thats enough for me.

Good. Finger pointing by Dr. Shiva is legitimate and publicly documented. He didn't say that everyone with immune challenges should be thrown under the bus. He said that for those people, they should be isolated and we should help them boost their immune systems. Healthy people with good immune systems need to be back at work. You can't shut down the whole country indefinitely. The whole world is already facing the possibility of The Great Depression v. 2.0. (on a GLOBAL scale, which has NEVER happened before).

Global "climate change" warming brought to you by the same folks who said in the 70's that we were going to have global cooling. The same folks who said we would run out of oil by the end of the 70's. Then came Al Gore's globull warming dog and pony show, where he said the polar caps would melt by 2013 and the sea level would rise enormously. A few years ago Obama bought waterfront property in Martha's Vineyard. Did he not get the memo from AL?  Anyone over 50 has seen how these things played out for real. At my age, I'm skeptical of EVERYTHING that doesn't have rock solid proof, especially when a small group of so-called experts wants to infringe my freedom and tell me how I should live. I have spent hundreds of hours studying climate change. I have seen the flawed IPCC models, Micheal Mann's "hockey stick" cherry picked graph and much more. Still not convinced. Maybe you know something I don't? I have a VERY open mind, but my BS detector is always on full alert.

On 4/12/2020 at 9:50 AM, CarloJ63 said:

This got me to thinking.  You know what else compromises your immune system and makes you more susceptible to sickness? 

Lack of vitamin D, which we get from sunlight on our skin.

So let's tell everyone to stay inside and cover their face when they go out.  I'm not a doctor, but if you're not sick isn't this rather counter productive?

Who will benefit the most from mass inoculations?  I don't know the answer to that, but if you follow the money....

All good points.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, El Guapo said:

For some laughs:

I finished Silicon Valley (never watched prior) which was pretty good. Mike Judge humor (Office Space, King of the Hill, Idiocracy).

Just wrapped Avenue 5 which I found entertaining-has potential to go in truly bizarre directions.

Barry I watched when it came out, but that’s pretty good.

Those are HBO...

on FX, there’s a show called What We Do in the Shadows which starts season 2 on Wednesday. It’s pretty enjoyable to watch. They do the mockumentary style ala The Office/Modern Family. It’s about a group of centuries old vampires living in New York.

Don't forget he also did Beavis and Butthead. Idiocracy was non-stop laughs for me (maybe I need more electrolytes?).

On 4/13/2020 at 9:23 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Currently watching WWE Monday Night Raw. Who knew that rasslin had/has maybe the best Brave New Normal sports business model.

The NBA on the other hand...

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-the-development-of-a-coronavirus-vaccine-could-impact-the-nba-and-its-fans-beyond-this-season-153458295.html

Interesting read. Comes down to a bunch of hypotheticals — but what doesn’t?    

Oh, and watching NBA guys playing video games doesn’t do it for me.  The HORSE thing didn’t do it for me either.  

I see Yahoo Sports has jumped onto Bill Gates' forced vaccine bandwagon. No vaccine:  NO travel; NO going to work; NO going to sports events; NO anything. Plus Bill's patented magic vaccine won't even be available for 12-18 months. What if the trials fail? What if there won't be any vaccine at all? Did they come up with a vaccine for SARS? H1N1? Zika? Ebola? No.

We need a therapeutic that can kill any virus, not a vaccine that may never see the light of day. We already have a few therapeutics that are getting good results with covid-19. And more are in trials. Plus herd immunity will help. 

Yeah, the video game thing and HORSE thing were lame. 

29 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Don't forget he also did Beavis and Butthead. Idiocracy was non-stop laughs for me (maybe I need more electrolytes?).

For a time, I thought I was the only one that watched Idiocracy until I ran into 2 guys at work quoting the movie verbatim.

I didn’t forget Beavis+Butthead, just assumed that was a given.

Also, LMAO reading all your responses then the sudden segue (Danzition) to my unrelated (on topic) post-much appreciated!

On 4/13/2020 at 12:45 AM, Father Pat said:

Heck, where have you been? There's been talk of a future pandemic long before 2002 when the SARS (another type of coronavirus) outbreak took off. There were bio terrorist drills after 9/11. Ebola drills. Every hospital in this country knew to be prepared and was not. 

Maybe every city needs to kick up some dollars to the federal government to set up a huge national stockpile, for any future pandemic.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:03 AM, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

The ugly truth is in our wake. Are we going to keep allowing these treasonous atrocities waged on us through silent wars from the 1%? Deborah Tavares speaks on various agendas of the global elite. Rosa Koire speaks on agenda 2030, a plan for a regionalized and controlled society. Biosludged doc talks about what the ruling class is doing to our water supply and food supply. These are r e d f l a g s, people.

Deborah and Rosa are true warriors.

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

For a time, I thought I was the only one that watched Idiocracy until I ran into 2 guys at work quoting the movie verbatim.

I didn’t forget Beavis+Butthead, just assumed that was a given.

Also, LMAO reading all your responses then the sudden segue (Danzition) to my unrelated (on topic) post-much appreciated!

Idiocracy is a cult classic. Right up there with Reefer Madness, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, etc.

Thanks for bringing up Idiocracy. I think I'll watch it again tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, GameOn said:

Trump closed down air travel from China on Jan. 31, before the WHO even declared a pandemic. Trump got blasted for the travel ban by the MSM, WHO, Joe Biden and the Dems. They said it wasn't necessary and called Trump a racist and xenophobe. That travel ban alone probably saved thousands of lives. Sorry brothers of the Democrat persuasion, but you can't have it both ways. 

No no no. Trump touts the travel ban and now says that he knew it was a pandemic. He thinks Americans are idiots. For more than a month after his ban, he ran around talking about a it being a hoax and it would be over in a short time. He said it was under control, no problem, don't worry.

What else did he do for a month and half. Nothing but PR, no disaster prep. Our leader. What a joke. You reap what you sow. If you elect as leader of the free world a lying, thieving conman there are consequences. If he wants to disprove those accusations, he can release his financial info like every other president and almost all other candidate for the last 40 years. No he won't, because it will prove my case. Why are there so many Republican never-trumpers, because its an open secret that he launders money for the mob that runs Russia. He can very easily disprove it.

He has now put in motion a plan to profit off the covid response money. He has found a slippery way to block oversight of its spending. Its shameful, but he has no shame. He gets away with it because his supports allow it. As long as they get their social programs he can shred alliances and kiss the backsides of brutal dictators. I thought when he stabbed the Kurds in the back, benefiting Russia and Turkey, that true conservative patriots would wake up. Nope. It was a surprize anouncement. He consulted nobody in America, a phone call with a dictator and the deal is done.

I believe the Kurds have children, real, live, breathing children. These people who spilled their blood for us went from relative safety to running for their lives. Trumpters must have thought, we have the Supreme Court now so we can save the fetuses and that will make up for babies killed by Trump's greed. And it is greed. His sorted business dealings with the Russian and Turkish mobsters is more important than America's reputation of supporting those who fight on our behalf.

I don't know you. You can believe whatever you want is wrong with the world, maybe you think its not enough God. I believe its too much GREED. Trump is the face plate for greed. And the inscription reads "Greed is good" and "Might makes right."

Aren't you embarassed for the man. His press conferences always have at least one whopper of a lie. Don't you worry when you see him attack the press for wanting him to tell the truth. His latest insanity of saying he has total control over each state just illustrates that what he has total control over is a lack of understanding of the Constitution.

He was the person in position to have the facts. WHO failings have nothing to do with that. What did he do. He put a travel ban on his political whipping boy. Did he start stockpiling? Did he prepare the public? Did he put the US in a leadership position to fight this war? No, he did the opposite.

(Your message references "blasted." Please provide links. I believe that I've heard the Biden statement and you have been hoodwinked by Wingnut media.)

Good. Finger pointing by Dr. Shiva is legitimate and publicly documented. He didn't say that everyone with immune challenges should be thrown under the bus. He said that for those people, they should be isolated and we should help them boost their immune systems. Healthy people with good immune systems need to be back at work. You can't shut down the whole country indefinitely. The whole world is already facing the possibility of The Great Depression v. 2.0. (on a GLOBAL scale, which has NEVER happened before).

Global "climate change" warming brought to you by the same folks who said in the 70's that we were going to have global cooling. The same folks who said we would run out of oil by the end of the 70's. Then came Al Gore's globull warming dog and pony show, where he said the polar caps would melt by 2013 and the sea level would rise enormously. A few years ago Obama bought waterfront property in Martha's Vineyard. Did he not get the memo from AL?  Anyone over 50 has seen how these things played out for real. At my age, I'm skeptical of EVERYTHING that doesn't have rock solid proof, especially when a small group of so-called experts wants to infringe my freedom and tell me how I should live. I have spent hundreds of hours studying climate change. I have seen the flawed IPCC models, Micheal Mann's "hockey stick" cherry picked graph and much more. Still not convinced. Maybe you know something I don't? I have a VERY open mind, but my BS detector is always on full alert.

Shiva is a shyster. There is some truth, like the vitamin D stuff, but the goal is to degrade real science, peer reviewed science.

Why do you think Trump wanted the US to by Greenland?

Because waming will put a lot more mining resources economically within reach.

Fraudsters like Trump want the profits. Investing for the future is for suckers.

Sadly, its gotten to the point where if folks want to know if global warming is real, they just have to go outside watch the seasons.

You probably bought your BS detector from an advertisement on wingnut radio, where they sell scams of all varieties, like religous health insurance with very little coverage, wonder foods like SuperBeets, and lets not forget the miracle face lift creams, one for under the eyes and a different cream for your neck. Lord knows what would happen if you mixed them up.

You cannot fix many people's immune systems. And there is a reasonable assumption that most young folks don't suffer when infected by the virus because our immune systems naturally weaken as we age. The wingnuts should adopt a new slogan.

Take my Granny, not my freedom.

Idiocracy is a cult classic. Right up there with Reefer Madness, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, etc.

Thanks for bringing up Idiocracy. I think I'll watch it again tomorrow. 

Great movie Idiocracy. 

We are just about there now.

6 hours ago, GameOn said:

Co-sign.....especially regarding climate change .

2 hours ago, tangogriz said:

No no no. Trump touts the travel ban and now says that he knew it was a pandemic. He thinks Americans are idiots. For more than a month after his ban, he ran around talking about a it being a hoax and it would be over in a short time. He said it was under control, no problem, don't worry.

What else did he do for a month and half. Nothing but PR, no disaster prep. Our leader. What a joke. You reap what you sow. If you elect as leader of the free world a lying, thieving conman there are consequences. If he wants to disprove those accusations, he can release his financial info like every other president and almost all other candidate for the last 40 years. No he won't, because it will prove my case. Why are there so many Republican never-trumpers, because its an open secret that he launders money for the mob that runs Russia. He can very easily disprove it.

He has now put in motion a plan to profit off the covid response money. He has found a slippery way to block oversight of its spending. Its shameful, but he has no shame. He gets away with it because his supports allow it. As long as they get their social programs he can shred alliances and kiss the backsides of brutal dictators. I thought when he stabbed the Kurds in the back, benefiting Russia and Turkey, that true conservative patriots would wake up. Nope. It was a surprize anouncement. He consulted nobody in America, a phone call with a dictator and the deal is done.

I believe the Kurds have children, real, live, breathing children. These people who spilled their blood for us went from relative safety to running for their lives. Trumpters must have thought, we have the Supreme Court now so we can save the fetuses and that will make up for babies killed by Trump's greed. And it is greed. His sorted business dealings with the Russian and Turkish mobsters is more important than America's reputation of supporting those who fight on our behalf.

I don't know you. You can believe whatever you want is wrong with the world, maybe you think its not enough God. I believe its too much GREED. Trump is the face plate for greed. And the inscription reads "Greed is good" and "Might makes right."

Aren't you embarassed for the man. His press conferences always have at least one whopper of a lie. Don't you worry when you see him attack the press for wanting him to tell the truth. His latest insanity of saying he has total control over each state just illustrates that what he has total control over is a lack of understanding of the Constitution.

He was the person in position to have the facts. WHO failings have nothing to do with that. What did he do. He put a travel ban on his political whipping boy. Did he start stockpiling? Did he prepare the public? Did he put the US in a leadership position to fight this war? No, he did the opposite.

(Your message references "blasted." Please provide links. I believe that I've heard the Biden statement and you have been hoodwinked by Wingnut media.)

Ppl like you make the world great....congratulations !!!! you are the hope for the future...ppl like you will make the world great in November...and will put an orange criminal (and his family) in jail....IMHO every American who has an ounce  of decency is embarrassed by the Dear Leader....only deplorable racists and stupid uneducated rednecks support him...not saying that all republicans are racists....but all racists are republicans....without M4A....income inequality and racists police ...USA is a third rate  manure hole....#vote4Joe2020....even Bernie is 10 times better....save the USA....

8 hours ago, GameOn said:

I you have watched Trump's last few CV pressers, then you saw how he is really pushing hard to re-open sports. He recently met with the heads of pro sports leagues about getting sports going again. Also, he put Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on the advisory committee that is discussing how to re-open the country. I think the NBA will be back by the end of May (with no fans in the stands) and most likely in one central location (Las Vegas maybe?).

As great as you are judging and supporting BB players/player....Donald Trump is a virus more deadly and as ugly as COVID-19.

Trump did nothing in February by calling it a hoax...He is the reason we have no BB now...If only we had someone like Obama at the wheel ...

1 hour ago, CarloJ63 said:

Co-sign.....especially regarding climate change .

ppl who deny climate change....are the enemies of the world. 

On 4/15/2020 at 6:05 AM, lions said:

how much weight have you lost 

I lost over 30 pounds prior to spring break in Florida and the pandemic. Now I’m probably 10 above where I started!

12 hours ago, tangogriz said:

You went full Pelosi.

Everybody knows, you never go full Pelosi.

20 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Well you certainly have all the Dem talking points memorized. I could debate you all day, but I don't have the time right now. Did you hear Chris Cuomo (of CNN TV and radio) say on his radio show that CNN is "HYPERPARTISAN" and "RIDICULOUS". I guess his career with CNN is over now. Too bad it took so long for him to speak the truth. ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NY Times, Washington Post and many other media, all use the same talking points as CNN, therefore they are ALL HYPERPARTISAN (i.e. anti-Trump). So if you watch/read any of this media, you should turn it all off and find other sources of the truth. You know what tangogriz, I don't even have any skin in this game. I'm Canadian. But my political views are mostly conservative and I enjoy a spirited discussion.

The good news is that the USA will now begin to re-open immediately (in phases). So with any luck, we could set aside our differences of opinion and start talking about basketball possibly by end of May. At least the Grizzlies is something we both agree on!!! Go Grizz.