bhoyal

What are you watching in place of sports?

12 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well you may be late but I think they are replaying key games with Grizz Rewind. i'm not sure of any place to watch in order

because of course ... 

ugh

welp 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:16 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Is there a way to allow us to re- watch the season? 

I would love to be able to watch each game in the right order ( cause context matters in big wins as well as close losses) .

it would give us time to nitpick little tendencies as well as applaud milestones...

You can re watch every single game on nba league pass which is free atm....best quality...

or https://nbahdreplay.com

6 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

You can re watch every single game on nba league pass which is free atm....best quality...

or https://nbahdreplay.com

welcome back !

I mentioned you in the NBA Suspends Season thread ...

they have opinions that I am sure you'd appreciate. 

😏

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

welcome back !

I mentioned you in the NBA Suspends Season thread ...

they have opinions that I am sure you'd appreciate. 

😏

I did see it....9/11 inside job, moon landing is fake and earth is flat....people are having ....hmmm.... unconventional opinions ..unfortunately the last best hope for humanity ....Bernie2020 campaign  is dead....and uncle Joe is not it...i am sooooo bored ....and drinking too much....hope everyone is staying safe and washing hands...

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I did see it....9/11 inside job, moon landing is fake and earth is flat....people are having ....hmmm.... unconventional opinions ..unfortunately the last best hope for humanity ....Bernie2020 campaign  is dead....and uncle Joe is not it...i am sooooo bored ....and drinking too much....hope everyone is staying safe and washing hands...

there are a few draft threads out there....

The new Dark Side of the Ring came out and it was better than New Jack's. This one was about the Brawl for All. a no holds barred open fight style tournament back in teh '90's in the WWE. It was a total shoot and non-work (meaning it was real, well in the ring at least)It resulted in several wrestlers gettings eriously hurt. Pretty good one. 

On 4/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, I❤️JV said:

its good to see your back and you seem more relaxed . GO J.V

Just now, lions said:

its good to see your back and you seem more relaxed . GO J.V

keep washing your hands , But STOP DRINKING.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:27 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i figured you understood where i was coming from.   I was a young adult in the 90s and that was the last time we were somewhat free.  

I was just wondering if our international brothers and sisters on here were seeing the same things i am.    I don't like the panic and chaos the Media is inducing across this country and can see how it is being used to manipulate the masses.     This is the best place for me to get honest opinions from folks i respect on how its affecting them outside of what is being shown on TV.    To be honest - US media routinely doesn't show the rest of the world in the best light.   It wasn't till i was able to travel internationally that i was really able to see how overall good and peaceful other countries are.    But they are shutting down entire countries based off of single-digit deaths???    That doesn't smell right to me. Especially considering there have been bigger more deadlier outbreaks of TB 2 yrs ago that didn't have anywhere near this response.    Then all these CEO's stepping down and selling off stocks a couple of months prior to the outbreak.   My SpiderSense been tingling like crazy this entire time. 

The irony is that sitting back watching all this series and movies.   This is the exact plot in majority of them. 

No disrespect to the people who have passed away, but as of right now, 18,695 people have perished supposedly due to CV and we're nearing the peak in the next few days or so. On average, 50,000 people die annually due to regular flu. The country has never been shut down due to flu. Also, millions die every year due to heart disease, cancer, accidents and other causes. The country is not shut down for that. The following stats also blew me away - 400,000 deaths due to "medical errors" and 200,000 deaths due to prescribed medications. 

Now that it seems apparent that millions of people will not die due to CV, it's time to start discussing getting back to normal living. 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:55 PM, chipc3 said:

We are binge watching Survivor starting at Season 1. Seemed appropriate

I assume you have now completely survived your operation. Are you now eating regular food again?

11 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I assume you have now completely survived your operation. Are you now eating regular food again?

Close. Certain really chewy things are not allowed such as thick pizza crusts and bagels but otherwise I’m doing well. 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:59 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Hey Chip what’s up!  

I watched Wrestlemania — both nights.  Good stuff!!! I am a huge basketball fan but I was more of a wrestling fan than an NBA fan as a kid.

I finished reading Anti-Education by Nietzsche the other night.  Luckily I have a ton of unread books....

I am not much for TV shows.

I was a wrestling fan as a kid too, but then got away from it. But I got back into it for awhile since my youngest son was a big WWE fan. Even though Wrestlemania is not on YT, they have a lot of individual matches of the past . So over the last few weeks I have been watching a few matches - Lesnar vs The Undertaker, Lesnar vs Cena, Lesnar vs Big Show (noticing a pattern here?) and more. There's even a video for when The Undertaker visited the Cleveland Cavaliers players in their dressing room. Good times. 

On 4/7/2020 at 12:16 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Is there a way to allow us to re- watch the season? 

I would love to be able to watch each game in the right order ( cause context matters in big wins as well as close losses) .

it would give us time to nitpick little tendencies as well as applaud milestones...

NBA League Pass. I can't remember if it's still free to view right now. If not, you could sign up for $30-$40 (single team only - Grizzlies) and watch all the past games (this season only). 

On 4/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, bhoyal said:

The guy in "Fish Called Wanda" (Otto?) like Nietzsche too but that's a different story.

After seeing this quote recently...

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”  ― Issac Asimov

I will have to read more Asimov.

Asimov has fantastic science fiction books but his non-fiction is award winning as well.

8 hours ago, GameOn said:

No disrespect to the people who have passed away, but as of right now, 18,695 people have perished supposedly due to CV and we're nearing the peak in the next few days or so. On average, 50,000 people die annually due to regular flu. The country has never been shut down due to flu. Also, millions die every year due to heart disease, cancer, accidents and other causes. The country is not shut down for that. The following stats also blew me away - 400,000 deaths due to "medical errors" and 200,000 deaths due to prescribed medications. 

Now that it seems apparent that millions of people will not die due to CV, it's time to start discussing getting back to normal living. 

This has been my contention from the beginning.

Why the massive overreaction?  Everyone has been operating in a state of fear, which only breeds confusion, chaos and more fear.  Let me tie this to basketball and all other sports (and life for that matter).

When you're operating in fear you lose, period.  Show me a team that's scared, and I'll show you a team that loses.  Show me an army that is operating in fear and I'll show you a defeated army.  Why do you think players trash talk so much?  They're trying to create doubt and fear in their opponent, which gives them an advantage.

I think when all this "stuff" is over, we'll look back and see a bad flu strain (like SARS or H1N1) and not the worldwide disaster that's been predicted, ad nauseum, for the past few weeks.

Of course I fully expect the number of deaths to be inflated because everyone will want to cover their *** and justify the overreaction.  I mean if you recommended a drastic course of action to your bosses, you would want to paint a picture that justifies your recommendations.  It's human nature, we all do it.  You see it on this board when someone is trying to make a point about a player.  They'll quote statistics to make their point, even though their stats may only tell half the story.  And these guys are just as human as the rest of us.  I even saw Fauci say that the deaths will be more like 60,000; not the 100,000 - 200,000 they were previously reporting.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate-serological-testing-20200305.html

3 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Happy birthday lions !!!....

thank you GO J.V( one of the best moves by the grizzlies)

14 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

This has been my contention from the beginning.

Why the massive overreaction?  Everyone has been operating in a state of fear, which only breeds confusion, chaos and more fear.  Let me tie this to basketball and all other sports (and life for that matter).

When you're operating in fear you lose, period.  Show me a team that's scared, and I'll show you a team that loses.  Show me an army that is operating in fear and I'll show you a defeated army.  Why do you think players trash talk so much?  They're trying to create doubt and fear in their opponent, which gives them an advantage.

I think when all this "stuff" is over, we'll look back and see a bad flu strain (like SARS or H1N1) and not the worldwide disaster that's been predicted, ad nauseum, for the past few weeks.

Of course I fully expect the number of deaths to be inflated because everyone will want to cover their *** and justify the overreaction.  I mean if you recommended a drastic course of action to your bosses, you would want to paint a picture that justifies your recommendations.  It's human nature, we all do it.  You see it on this board when someone is trying to make a point about a player.  They'll quote statistics to make their point, even though their stats may only tell half the story.  And these guys are just as human as the rest of us.  I even saw Fauci say that the deaths will be more like 60,000; not the 100,000 - 200,000 they were previously reporting.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate-serological-testing-20200305.html

Exactly. And fear and anxiety depress your immune system, which makes it easier for the virus to replicate in your body. This will pass. Just like SARS, H1N1 and every other pathogen that has attacked humans forever. Stay calm and learn how to boost your immune system. 

Grizz brothers, if you have 52 minutes to spare (and who doesn't have some spare time while we're cooped up), please check out the YouTube link below. It's from a guy named Dr. Shiva. He is a certified genius!!! When he was a younger man, he created Email. Yes, the Email system that we use everyday. He went on to get 4 degrees from MIT, including a PhD in biological engineering. To top all that off, he is currently running for the US senate. He explains the reasons for all the fear mongering going on, the immune system, IoT, 5G and other topics. Dr. Shiva's videos are going viral over ALL social media.

THIS VIDEO WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05b8aGDCNI

I watched a few Jordan, Barkley, and JWill highlight videos on YouTube One night, so now other suggested watches pop up and I find myself continuously going down old NBA highlight rabbit holes.

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

Exactly. And fear and anxiety depress your immune system, which makes it easier for the virus to replicate in your body. This will pass. Just like SARS, H1N1 and every other pathogen that has attacked humans forever. Stay calm and learn how to boost your immune system. 

Grizz brothers, if you have 52 minutes to spare (and who doesn't have some spare time while we're cooped up), please check out the YouTube link below. It's from a guy named Dr. Shiva. He is a certified genius!!! When he was a younger man, he created Email. Yes, the Email system that we use everyday. He went on to get 4 degrees from MIT, including a PhD in biological engineering. To top all that off, he is currently running for the US senate. He explains the reasons for all the fear mongering going on, the immune system, IoT, 5G and other topics. Dr. Shiva's videos are going viral over ALL social media.

I watched it. After cutting through all the finger pointing, he says lets get back to work because all the folks with a top flight immune system will be OK.

Dhuuuuu

I also watched his video on the Paris climate accords. He said that there is no proof of global climate temperature increase. Its a hoax.

Thats enough for me.

12 hours ago, GameOn said:

This got me to thinking.  You know what else compromises your immune system and makes you more susceptible to sickness? 

Lack of vitamin D, which we get from sunlight on our skin.

So let's tell everyone to stay inside and cover their face when they go out.  I'm not a doctor, but if you're not sick isn't this rather counter productive?

Who will benefit the most from mass inoculations?  I don't know the answer to that, but if you follow the money....

12 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I watched a few Jordan, Barkley, and JWill highlight videos on YouTube One night, so now other suggested watches pop up and I find myself continuously going down old NBA highlight rabbit holes.

For some laughs:

I finished Silicon Valley (never watched prior) which was pretty good. Mike Judge humor (Office Space, King of the Hill, Idiocracy).

Just wrapped Avenue 5 which I found entertaining-has potential to go in truly bizarre directions.

Barry I watched when it came out, but that’s pretty good.

Those are HBO...

on FX, there’s a show called What We Do in the Shadows which starts season 2 on Wednesday. It’s pretty enjoyable to watch. They do the mockumentary style ala The Office/Modern Family. It’s about a group of centuries old vampires living in New York.

13 hours ago, GameOn said:

This leads me to a question.

Did Trump intentionally ignore warnings about the serious threat of a pandemic?

Maybe the health scientists couldn't get through to him because they were always ignored or had already been fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-outbreak.html

But what about national security agencies and defense department folks. They would have warned him about the threats of global unrest, political uprisings and sickness among confined service personel. We know that an important trade advisor, Peter Navarro, early on warned him of a global pandemic threat.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/07/coronavirus-peter-navarro-warned-coronavirus-january-february/2959826001/

In the TV show Game of Thrones, a theme is that for a certain class of people,

chaos is not a pit, its a ladder.

Certain kinds of people with a cut-throat mentality (a "little" GOT joke) gain power and profit during the suffering.

So ... Game of Thrones is a major recommendation for pandemic viewing.

TRUMP is the reason there is no basketball now....he was calling it a hoax ....republicans are all neutered by him...only AOC can save you now...don't get mad....go vote in November...and make orange colour great again.   

1 hour ago, tangogriz said:

This leads me to a question.

Did Trump intentionally ignore warnings about the serious threat of a pandemic?

Maybe the health scientists couldn't get through to him because they were always ignored or had already been fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-outbreak.html

But what about national security agencies and defense department folks. They would have warned him about the threats of global unrest, political uprisings and sickness among confined service personel. We know that an important trade advisor, Peter Navarro, early on warned him of a global pandemic threat.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/07/coronavirus-peter-navarro-warned-coronavirus-january-february/2959826001/

In the TV show Game of Thrones, a theme is that for a certain class of people,

chaos is not a pit, its a ladder.

Certain kinds of people with a cut-throat mentality (a "little" GOT joke) gain power and profit during the suffering.

So ... Game of Thrones is a major recommendation for pandemic viewing.

Of course he did. There is ample evidence that U.S. intelligence agencies notified him about something strange going on in Wuhan as far as back as November 2019 and there are reports that those intelligence agencies informed him of the virus in December of 2019 and said that it could become a pandemic and will affect the U.S. This is nothing new. There have been warnings of an oncoming pandemic since 2017.

Dr. Fauci Warned In 2017 Of ‘Surprise Outbreak’ During Trump Administration
The World Is Not Ready for the Next Pandemic (Dated May 2017)

Obama officials walked Trump aides through global pandemic exercise in 2017: report

We Were Warned: America Knew A Pandemic Was Coming

Five Takeaways on What Trump Knew as the Virus Spread

President Obama had a Pandemic Response team in place (which was disbanded in 2018 by Bolton and Trump).  The team would work with the WHO, CDC and Department of Homeland Security to come together, monitor teh threats of a pandemic and come up with appropriate responses to a pandemic threat. Trump said we didn't need that team and it costs too much money, so he and Bolton got rid of it. He did this with the knowledge that the Obama administration warned him about a pandemic, with the knowledge that epidemiologists were saying a pandemic could happen within the timeframe of his presidential term.  The impact of this pandemic will be greater than 9/11 (it already has killed 6x more people and shut down the economy). It all could have been mitigated (if not outright avoided)  with a proper response. 

It doesn't matter your politics, political party, race, gender, religion, whatever, it is very clear, that this is the biggest FUBAR in the history of the United States of America. It didn't have to be this way.